| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Vegan Treats, yo!!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:26 am 
Hail Seitan!
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:31 am
Posts: 667
Location: philly.
any word why not?

_________________
http://ridethejawn.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan Treats, yo!!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:28 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:49 pm
Posts: 2122
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Nope, no idea. Apparently they already filmed 8 out of 12 episodes before deciding to pull it, even. Rawr.

_________________
Louzilla Lovegood Letters | Dumbledore's Vegan Army
Don't have a cow, man.


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan Treats, yo!!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:51 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:08 pm
Posts: 4010
Location: Malvern, PA
Louzilla wrote:
Nope, no idea. Apparently they already filmed 8 out of 12 episodes before deciding to pull it, even. Rawr.

I did watch the pilot episode, it's online, and I found that the editing could've been better. That's just my opinion.


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan Treats, yo!!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:45 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:49 pm
Posts: 2122
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
The pilot episode was filmed and put together by VT people, not AP people, from what I understand. The editing for the actual show would've been better.

_________________
Louzilla Lovegood Letters | Dumbledore's Vegan Army
Don't have a cow, man.


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan Treats, yo!!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:35 pm 
Hip Goiter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:07 pm
Posts: 8096
Location: Philly/London
That sucks. I kind of hope that it's due to AP's corporate sponsors (like Big Dairy) convincing them not to do a vegan show, just because if that got out it would be good ammo, and also it would mean that it wasn't a quality concern from the network. But alas, probably just bad luck, bad timing, &c. I'm sure it's all for the best for the owners' sanity.

_________________
https://twitter.com/randibop

Laughfrodisiac


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan Treats, yo!!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:33 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:53 pm
Posts: 241
Location: Philadelphia, PA
VT gets delivered today. I want a donut tomorrow. Where should I go get one?!

_________________
http://www.areyoukittenme.com/


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan Treats, yo!!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:56 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:14 pm
Posts: 3295
Location: NJ/Philadelphia
luftpost wrote:
VT gets delivered today. I want a donut tomorrow. Where should I go get one?!

Govindas, New Harmony, or Grindcore. But I'm not 100% sure if Grindcore gets donuts from them. Also, word to the wise, donuts go QUICK! So don't be surprised if they are gone by Friday. And the Boston Creme = AMAZING!

_________________
"Gnome kicking says a lot a man's character." - Babbette


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan Treats, yo!!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:46 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:53 pm
Posts: 241
Location: Philadelphia, PA
GraciaKai wrote:
Govindas, New Harmony, or Grindcore. But I'm not 100% sure if Grindcore gets donuts from them. Also, word to the wise, donuts go QUICK! So don't be surprised if they are gone by Friday. And the Boston Creme = AMAZING!


Thanks! I am going on an epic eating day tomorrow (if anyone wants to join!) and thought donuts should be included in my tour of food.

_________________
http://www.areyoukittenme.com/


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan Treats, yo!!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:05 pm 
Nailed to the V
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:25 pm
Posts: 591
Location: Philadelphia
New Harmz is the cheapest place for a doughnut.

Gracia, the boston cremes are amazing, but the coconut custard ones are mind-blowing (if you're into coconut)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan Treats, yo!!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:47 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:14 pm
Posts: 3295
Location: NJ/Philadelphia
G
luftpost wrote:
GraciaKai wrote:
Govindas, New Harmony, or Grindcore. But I'm not 100% sure if Grindcore gets donuts from them. Also, word to the wise, donuts go QUICK! So don't be surprised if they are gone by Friday. And the Boston Creme = AMAZING!


Thanks! I am going on an epic eating day tomorrow (if anyone wants to join!) and thought donuts should be included in my tour of food.

Where'd ya go? What'd eat?

And coconut is my friend! I'll have to try that one next.

_________________
"Gnome kicking says a lot a man's character." - Babbette


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan Treats, yo!!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:12 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:53 pm
Posts: 241
Location: Philadelphia, PA
GraciaKai wrote:
G
luftpost wrote:
GraciaKai wrote:
Govindas, New Harmony, or Grindcore. But I'm not 100% sure if Grindcore gets donuts from them. Also, word to the wise, donuts go QUICK! So don't be surprised if they are gone by Friday. And the Boston Creme = AMAZING!


Thanks! I am going on an epic eating day tomorrow (if anyone wants to join!) and thought donuts should be included in my tour of food.

Where'd ya go? What'd eat?

And coconut is my friend! I'll have to try that one next.


I went to Grindcore this morning! They had a few different VT donuts, but we ended up splitting a piece of cake. Stopped by Govinda's later in the day, but no donuts. It's ok, I still got to have my friend taste the magical world of Vegan Treats!

_________________
http://www.areyoukittenme.com/


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan Treats, yo!!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:36 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:35 pm
Posts: 6422
Location: Norristown, PA
Blackbird has them too, don't they?

_________________
Man, fork the gender card, imma come at you with the whole damned gender deck. - Olives
Did you ever think that, like, YOU are a sexy costume FOR a diva cup? - solipsistnation
blog! FB!


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan Treats, yo!!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:29 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:53 pm
Posts: 241
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Ah we went to Blackbird too, but I stayed outside with the bikes while Eric. and our friend picked up the pie!

_________________
http://www.areyoukittenme.com/


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan Treats, yo!!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:18 am 
Baking In The Flavor
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:52 pm
Posts: 182
Location: Detroittt
So pretty much what you guys are saying is that when I move here, I'll be able to have a doughnut for the first time in three and a half years, if only I can get one before they sell out?


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan Treats, yo!!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:14 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:14 pm
Posts: 3295
Location: NJ/Philadelphia
xWhenIMetHer wrote:
So pretty much what you guys are saying is that when I move here, I'll be able to have a doughnut for the first time in three and a half years, if only I can get one before they sell out?

Most def!

_________________
"Gnome kicking says a lot a man's character." - Babbette


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan Treats, yo!!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:26 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:49 pm
Posts: 2122
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
If you can't get one before they sell out, I'll BRING you one!!

_________________
Louzilla Lovegood Letters | Dumbledore's Vegan Army
Don't have a cow, man.


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan Treats, yo!!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:41 am 
Baking In The Flavor
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:52 pm
Posts: 182
Location: Detroittt
I think I love you, Louzilla.


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan Treats, yo!!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:10 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:35 pm
Posts: 6422
Location: Norristown, PA
(whispers:) xwimh, don't get one before they sell out, so Louzilla will come here!! :D

_________________
Man, fork the gender card, imma come at you with the whole damned gender deck. - Olives
Did you ever think that, like, YOU are a sexy costume FOR a diva cup? - solipsistnation
blog! FB!


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer