| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Going to a Phillies Game - Need Food Advice
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:58 am 
Hearts James Cromwell

My niece's hubby got four tickets from his boss for the April 2 evening game and they asked us to come along. He wants to get dinner too ... and we don't quite know what to do or where to eat. They are omnis but respect our ways of eating. Is there something near Citizens Bank Park that anyone can recommend; or is there food in the park that is suitable for a veg?

Post subject: Re: Going to a Phillies Game - Need Food Advice
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:38 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Citizens Bank Park keeps is consistently voted the No. 1 Vegetarian Ballpark by PETA. I've had no problem eating there. I know they have vegan hot dogs and maybe some burgers and vegan chickn burgers? The crab fries are vegan and some of the soft pretzels are vegan.
Here's a link to their concession stuff which probably has more info: http://mlb.mlb.com/phi/ballpark/informa ... oncessions

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:41 am 
Nailed to the V

There are vegan hot dogs and burgers scattered throughout the park. They are clearly labeled vegan. Campos will do veg steak sandwiches. They know to clean the grill but it doesnt hurt to remind them. There are vegetarian (not vegan) options at Planet Hoagie such as crab cakes. Google "vegan at citizens bank park", the first link will give you the lowdown. I'll also be at that game, GO PHILLIES!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:41 am 
Hearts James Cromwell

We were so excited to get the tickets. My boys wanted to take us to the Mother's Day game because we had such a great time last year, but the tickets available are SRO. Sad.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:45 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

You can also bring food into the ballpark. We normally bring veggie hoagies or sandwiches with us. We got the hoagies from PlanetHoagie once and did not like them at all. So we just bring our own. I think you are allowed to bring soft coolers or plastic bags. No hard coolers and no glass bottles. But water bottles are ok. And if your game is a dollar dog night, then the vegan hot dogs are included in that promo! Citizens bank park is awesome. I think the cheese on the vegan steak sandwich is not vegan, which makes no sense at all.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:44 pm 
Hip Goiter

I was supposed to go to that game with my family but it's the Green Carpet Gala! Please report back about the food. We go all the time but it's never at a meal time for me.

Laughfrodisiac

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:01 am 
Hearts James Cromwell

We ended up taking the train to Center City and having dinner at Mixto. They have two veg dishes there that we love. My niece and her husband had never been there and I wanted to have them experience Cuban and Columbian food. I've been there five or six times now ... one of our favorite places in Center City. After dinner we hopped the subway to the ballpark.

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]