| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lonely vegan kid in Dublin for a day
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:31 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku

Um, yeah. I'm going on a trip around Europe for like two weeks, but before the trip commences I'm in Dublin for an entire day alone, until my best friend and I meet up around 10 PM.

The day is Thursday, October 11. I get in at 9 AM. I literally do not know anyone or how to get anywhere. So if anyone wants to hang out with me, it'd be, like, the best thing ever. At any time.

I like wandering around, I'm super friendly, and vegans are awesome. I'm staying near Temple Bar, west of Trinity College, just south of the river. Hah, I only have a day for someone to respond, so this attempt at avoiding loneliness is probably useless. But, worth a try!

Dubliners: if free on Thursday, come eat vegan food with me and teach me your Irish ways.

P.S. My last name is McCallister, and my first name is Molly, so genealogically, I'm one of you guys. It's like returning to the homeland for me.

Post subject: Re: Lonely vegan kid in Dublin for a day
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:23 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Molly McCallister?! You sound like you should be a Victorian lady detective. I could be your plucky sidekick. Please?

(Sorry - I live in England, but I've heard nothing but good things about Dublin. Have fun!)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:36 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Gulliver wrote:
Molly McCallister?! You sound like you should be a Victorian lady detective.

or maybe a Hogwarts student.

i'd volunteer but i'm in England, too. there are at least two forum regulars in Northern Ireland, but i don't know anyone offhand who lives in ROI. good luck, and i hope you have fun regardless!

I'm going to put my cats in a baby bjorn and be like, "LOOK WE CAN STILL HANG OUT LOOK WE'RE HAVING A PLAYDATE." - bathsheba

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:54 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Ah shoot! I'm ROI and I'm off this week but I have no transport so I am stuck 2 hrs away in the middle of nowhere. Hope you have a good time x

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:27 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I'm nowhere near Dublin, but given where you're staying, you should go to Cornucopia and eat vegan chocolate fudge cake. It should be very close to you and I promise you won't look weird eating by yourself there, though you can just get your cake in a box and go and wander around the park that's a bit farther South if you continue along the main shopping street. I also started random conversations with people on the street.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:28 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku

Gulliver wrote:
Molly McCallister?! You sound like you should be a Victorian lady detective. I could be your plucky sidekick. Please?

(Sorry - I live in England, but I've heard nothing but good things about Dublin. Have fun!)

Well, I do fancy myself an aspiring Sherlock Holmes-ian criminal investigator...so, yes, you can be my partner.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:32 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku

Chipmunk wrote:
I'm nowhere near Dublin, but given where you're staying, you should go to Cornucopia and eat vegan chocolate fudge cake. It should be very close to you and I promise you won't look weird eating by yourself there, though you can just get your cake in a box and go and wander around the park that's a bit farther South if you continue along the main shopping street. I also started random conversations with people on the street.

Oh my god, I just looked it up. That is so close to where I'm staying. ...Revised plan: Get cake. Put in box. Roam streets.
Thank you, friend. Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:06 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

You're welcome. How could I not spread the message of cake? Their other food was really good too. They had these pastry pocket things filled with seitan, beets and ginger when I was there.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:40 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Oh gosh! vegan choc fudge cake?!!! I think I need to take a little road trip to Dublin sometime soon.