| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: West Country Peeps
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:42 am 
Memorized Veganomicon

I find the thali type things quite a decent price at YYY, compared to the £5 dumplings. Its a big contrast. And there's always one horrible chutney they keep giving me. Apparently they do takeaway, aaargh.

Post subject: Re: West Country Peeps
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:04 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I am, at some point in the not-too-distant future, going to do an order from http://www.naturalchoice.co.uk who are a nuts and dried fruit seller. If anyone thinks they have a desperate need for a twelve kilos of walnut butter and some peanut flour, I would happily share the postage (and split things up as the minimum amount for lots of things is a kilo). I'm going to get some peanut flour and possibly some ground cashews.

I live in spitting distance of Bath, so we would meet there to pass our nuts around.

Also, my local HFS does kilos of vital wheat gluten for £3.50ish if anyone wants some and is having trouble finding it (cheaper than The Flour Bin, less cheap than Low Carb Megastore but I like to support them for being the best HFS in the world). That said, I'd happily take responsibility for a large order from them as I use it all the time and splitting the postage/splitting bulk packets similarly.

tldr: Virtual, ad hoc food co-op anyone?

I'd also be interested in doing a large order from an Asian stuff online shop, or even just going to one in my car and sharing the petrol.

Either post here or PM me if you're interested and I'll set up some kind of system for it.

Ta-dah!