| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vegan on purpose stuff you like
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:57 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Raw sun dried mulberries! Why did no one tell me how good they are? I've just eaten a whole bag of them, they taste like toffee!
The 100g bag was 41% of my iron for the day, how can something taste so naughty but be so good for you? Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:57 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

VanillaDoe wrote:
Raw sun dried mulberries! Why did no one tell me how good they are? I've just eaten a whole bag of them, they taste like toffee!
The 100g bag was 41% of my iron for the day, how can something taste so naughty but be so good for you? Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Where did you find dried mulberries (or ANY mulberries- I think I've seen them on a bush once, but apart from that only in paintings/nursery rhymes)?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:03 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I've seen them in Wholefoods and other health food shops (in the UK). They are very nice!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:03 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

GreenDuck wrote:
VanillaDoe wrote:

Where did you find dried mulberries (or ANY mulberries- I think I've seen them on a bush once, but apart from that only in paintings/nursery rhymes)?

Yeah, this, or on lickable wallpaper. Or maybe I'm mixing them up with Snozberries. Equally elusive. There's some other kind of made up berry in one of Isa's books, Vegan Brunch I think. Marionberry?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:05 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Of course now I want dried mulberries.

Looks like whole foods sell them on amazon.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:28 am 

I got them from my local health food shop. They are by the raw chocolate company if that's of any help? But please do try them, they are so good, I gave them to people to try and one person described them as if you were eating a sweet granola bar ... which I would have to agree! They also do raw chocolate covered raisins, mulberries, goji berries etc. But I'd just get straight up mulberries.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:32 pm 

I've finally got around to trying the Montezuma Sea Dog bar (dark choc with lime and sea salt) and it is delicious. Kind of like those chocolate lime sweets but much better.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:15 pm 
Mediocre Tart

Efcliz wrote:
Yeah, this, or on lickable wallpaper. Or maybe I'm mixing them up with Snozberries. Equally elusive. There's some other kind of made up berry in one of Isa's books, Vegan Brunch I think. Marionberry?

Lick a snozberry! It tastes like a snozberry! Made-up berries are the best. I think some PNW arse had a marionberry pie one time. Still don't believe it.

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

"I just finished building my Irn Bru cellar!" - Steffers!

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:50 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I found that Granovita peppercorn paté and opened it today. Omfg. It's amaaaaazing. I'm actually eating it right now. Had to check the can several times to make sure it was vegan - it's amazingly "normal" paté tasting. Another pregan itch is fully scratched!

...now to find out if my co op will do me a bulk rate...

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:51 am 
Ninja Master

GaietyGirl wrote:
I found that Granovita peppercorn paté and opened it today. Omfg. It's amaaaaazing. I'm actually eating it right now. Had to check the can several times to make sure it was vegan - it's amazingly "normal" paté tasting. Another pregan itch is fully scratched!

It's so good isn't it. Dammit I've run out.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:06 am 

So good! I ate most of the damn can yesterday though. Have enough left for one thick layer on a slice of toast (no point in doing it by halves!) and am saving it for my stupid early start on Friday.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 2:03 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

GaietyGirl wrote:

All their patés are incredible! The mushroom one is just uhhhhmazing.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:02 am 

Rosie wrote:

All their patés are incredible! The mushroom one is just uhhhhmazing.

The mushroom and peppercorn are my favourites so far - I guess it's all the umami. Will never be tempted by greasy meat pate again! I'm having the mushroom kind on dark rye ryvita at the moment. Crunchy yum.

Plamil dairy free milk chocolate has to go on my list. Hubs is being amazing and goes out of his way to look for vegan snacky things for me when he's out and about and bought me a bar of the mint at the weekend. It's pretty tasty stuff. I love dark chocolate and all, but I've been missing the old milk kind lately.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:39 am 
Not NOT A Furry

GaietyGirl wrote:
The mushroom and peppercorn are my favourites so far - I guess it's all the umami. Will never be tempted by greasy meat pate again! I'm having the mushroom kind on dark rye ryvita at the moment. Crunchy yum.

Plamil dairy free milk chocolate has to go on my list. Hubs is being amazing and goes out of his way to look for vegan snacky things for me when he's out and about and bought me a bar of the mint at the weekend. It's pretty tasty stuff. I love dark chocolate and all, but I've been missing the old milk kind lately.

yeah, it's a shame it's so dear! I like the plamil better than the moo-free. I have problems with caffeine so dark chocolate is something I can only have in small amounts...and sometimes I just need to sit munching chocolate for a while :p

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:51 am 

It's a bit spendy alright, but sometimes I just need some milk chocolate. I mostly stick with dark as it's all over the place and better value, but I don't have caffeine issues (says she on her third coffee of the day!). I will say that I used to eat a bar of crepe, non-vegan chocolate a day but my consumption levels have shrunk dramatically since taking the vegan plunge. I think we generally get through three bars a month between two of us - usually one plamil and two lindt - so not to spendy in the overall scheme of things.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 6:26 pm 

Probably already said this but I like the fry's pepper-steak pies. they remind me of the pukka pies or whatever you'd get from the chippy. I like the pastry, it's awesome. And I like redwoods fish steaks cause its flaky and and also a little chewy in places and stuff and I like the variety and I like chewing so its not like it completely falls apart in my mouth.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 5:07 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Tesco smoked soya cheese is really, really good. I'm not wild about the other Tesco fake cheeses, but the smoked one is really tasty.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 5:49 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Ooh, yes, the smoked is really good. I've been eating it on sandwiches, but I warm them in the microwave so the cheese melts a bit. It's not super melty, but it does get soft.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 5:53 am 

Is the smoked tesco cheese basically sheese's smoked cheese? Cause that stuff is lovely and normally only saved for Christmas cheese and crackers type occasions but if it's easier to get hold of now, well things might have to change.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 1:36 pm 

I finally managed to get my mitts on vegusto melty - double pack ran just over €9, which was insaaaaaaaaaaaaaane. Totally worth it though. Have gone through over half a "sausage" of it since Friday. Have had it on pizza (yum!), pasta (yum!) and just sliced in a sandwich. The texture was pretty good (a little crumbly but not waxy at all) but the taste was great. It's the first vegan cheese I've sliced to put plain in a sandwich and really enjoyed - even my beloved cheezly isn't great for a cheese and spread sambo.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:15 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

VanillaDoe wrote:
Is the smoked tesco cheese basically sheese's smoked cheese? Cause that stuff is lovely and normally only saved for Christmas cheese and crackers type occasions but if it's easier to get hold of now, well things might have to change.
I think Tesco cheeses are supplied by Sheese, so probably. I think most of Sheese's stuff tastes like purified evil, so I'm always shocked and appalled when I find one I like.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:51 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Gulliver wrote:
VanillaDoe wrote:
I think Tesco cheeses are supplied by Sheese, so probably. I think most of Sheese's stuff tastes like purified evil, so I'm always shocked and appalled when I find one I like.

We think as one.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:26 pm 
Inflexitarian

I had this "vanoffee" bar from the Raw Chocolate Company the other day. Now, I can't vouch 100 percent for the accuracy of this statement, because I haven't had non-vegan chocolate in a very long time, but to my memory it tasted just like dairy milk. Pretty spendy though.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 3:01 pm 

My OH and I booked a cheaoy cheap hotel room in Manchester partly so we could have brunch at V Revolution. I absolutely fell in love with the Vegusto cheeses. We bought the no-moo melty (uhmahguhd) but loved the blue and a cheddar-y one too. I forsee many years of payday Vegusto binges.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:48 am 
Ninja Master

Gulliver wrote:
Tesco smoked soya cheese is really, really good. I'm not wild about the other Tesco fake cheeses, but the smoked one is really tasty.

I was just coming here to post about this cheese. I love it!

It tastes like the dirty tubes of smoked cheese I used to love pregan and the texture is good. Sandwich worthy!!

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next