| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1470 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Products - what have you found?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:44 pm 
Tofu Pup

On Clearly Veg there's a product section where you can add vegan products, as well as reviews and photos! https://www.clearlyveg.com/products

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:55 am 
Total Hoover

vixki wrote:
Tesco are now selling "Fondant Truffles" in the free from section which I think are repackaged choices caramels. Only £2 a box so not bad.

I'm glad you thought the same! I just tried these and from the name was expecting them to be coffee creams, strawberry creams etc but they really weren't! They tasted like the Choices caramels to me and looked like them, but I can't remember if the caramel in the Choices ones was more runny and actually caramel-y. I'm rather disappointed that they didn't include coffee creams, but still, they're nice and sweet.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:47 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Coconut dairy-free margarine in Tesco http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=291724960

Avocado dairy-free margarine in Tesco http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=291724856

Time to burn down the house and call it a loss. Because all the nope in the world - kfad
I'd rather eat ramen and drink tap water than live with other people - lavawitch

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:21 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

GreenDuck wrote:
vixki wrote:
Tesco are now selling "Fondant Truffles" in the free from section which I think are repackaged choices caramels. Only £2 a box so not bad.

I'm glad you thought the same! I just tried these and from the name was expecting them to be coffee creams, strawberry creams etc but they really weren't! They tasted like the Choices caramels to me and looked like them, but I can't remember if the caramel in the Choices ones was more runny and actually caramel-y. I'm rather disappointed that they didn't include coffee creams, but still, they're nice and sweet.

I'd be disappointed too, fondant and caramel are definitely not the same thing.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:32 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

The choices caramels were never very caramely, they were definitely more fondanty, the "caramel" always seemed a strange name.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:30 pm 
Total Hoover

Yeah, I would like a chocolate with actual runny caramel inside.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:50 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

If you can ever get the Terre a Terre salt caramel peanut truffles they should fit the bill.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:06 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Scientific (kinda) observations here! I got a pack of the choices caramels for my birthday and had some of the tesco fondants too.

The ingredients are the same. I mean exactly the same. The tesco box has more chocolates in.

They do not taste the same. I imagine this must be to do with the "flavouring" element of the ingredients. Choices caramels do have a caramel flavour. Tesco ones are much more chocolatey. I prefer the choices to be honest but the tesco are better value for money.

And yes, I totally sat there taking alternate bites of each chocolate!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:14 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

vixki wrote:
Scientific (kinda) observations here! I got a pack of the choices caramels for my birthday and had some of the tesco fondants too.

The ingredients are the same. I mean exactly the same. The tesco box has more chocolates in.

They do not taste the same. I imagine this must be to do with the "flavouring" element of the ingredients. Choices caramels do have a caramel flavour. Tesco ones are much more chocolatey. I prefer the choices to be honest but the tesco are better value for money.

Thanks for this, I just eat a whole pack at a time. I think both are pretty delicious but prefer choices too

Facebook

http://thechroniclesofbanania.blogspot.co.uk/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:55 am 
Total Hoover

vixki wrote:

Your dedication to the vegan cause is wonderful!
I think Tesco should send us all free packs of both so we can repeat your research. I would be very willing to sacrifice some time to that.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:55 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Morrison's are now selling Vbites bacon rashers, yay.

Time to burn down the house and call it a loss. Because all the nope in the world - kfad
I'd rather eat ramen and drink tap water than live with other people - lavawitch

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:33 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

White chocolate coins in Sainsburys. And proper coins, too. None of that "discs" malarky.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:13 am 
Total Hoover

Disappearing Ink wrote:
White chocolate coins in Sainsburys. And proper coins, too. None of that "discs" malarky.

Oh! Oh! oh! I'm going to order some immediately! Thank you so much; I need to do an online shop from them anyway and would hate to have missed white chocolate COINS!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:49 pm 
Total Hoover

Disappearing Ink wrote:

Was this the Carmit Dairy Free Milk Chocolate Coins? Were they white chocolate or milk chocolate? I ordered some anyway. I want proper chocolate coins; they're the best thing about Christmas and occasionally I don't feel like the dark Divine ones.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:55 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

GreenDuck wrote:
Disappearing Ink wrote:

Was this the Carmit Dairy Free Milk Chocolate Coins? Were they white chocolate or milk chocolate? I ordered some anyway. I want proper chocolate coins; they're the best thing about Christmas and occasionally I don't feel like the dark Divine ones.

They have milk and white ones I believe. I have seen people on Facebook saying there's a vegan white chocolate bar but I haven't found it yet.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:12 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

vixki wrote:
GreenDuck wrote:
Disappearing Ink wrote:

They have milk and white ones I believe. I have seen people on Facebook saying there's a vegan white chocolate bar but I haven't found it yet.

Yeah, those are the ones. They only had white in the Sainsbury's I was in, but makes sense that they'd do milk, too. I was a big white chocolate fan pregan so probably would have gone for those ones anyway. Well, actually, I probably would have gotten both...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:42 am 
Total Hoover

I could only find milk chocolate ones (and some Sainsburys own brand white chocolate ones which were full of cows' milk).
I wonder if it's an availability thing. When I searched a couple of days ago I could find the milk choc Carmit coins and a white choc Carmit bar, now I can't find the coins at all- if I search for "Carmit" the only result is the bar. My online shop is due to be delivered today so hopefully they aren't out of stock!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:18 pm 
Total Hoover

Chocolate coins were out of stock. As were the fancy stuffed dates I was going to put in the hamper at work.
I hope they bring the coins back at some point and I get to try them, but not sure how likely that is this near to Christmas.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:43 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

GreenDuck wrote:
Chocolate coins were out of stock. As were the fancy stuffed dates I was going to put in the hamper at work.
I hope they bring the coins back at some point and I get to try them, but not sure how likely that is this near to Christmas.

Yes, shops seem to be getting more wary of buying too much Christmas stock, have to snap up anything you want as soon as you spot it these days. I tried to buy the Yogi Christmas Tea about three weeks ago, but the health food shop said they'd sold out and when they phoned the suppliers for me they were told it had already been delisted.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:09 am 
Total Hoover

I'll try to remember to have a look next year- in October or November probably! Those white chocolate coins would be so good.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:47 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Quorn came out with some vegan fish fingers. They're pretty terrible. Like so bland they pulled the flavour out of the rest of my food. They smell fishy but it doesn't translate to flavour. They're 10 to a box but they're wee. Stick with VBites.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:45 am 
Level 7 Vegan

GreenDuck wrote:
I'll try to remember to have a look next year- in October or November probably! Those white chocolate coins would be so good.

GreenDuck ...

http://vivashop.org.uk/viva/food-wine/c ... te-buttons

500g for £6.50

Colossal bag of VEGAN white chocolate buttons, suitable for vegan baking, snacking, cake decorating or just about anything that needs buttons! This creamy, divine chocolate is made from cocoa butter, sugar and a little magic.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:16 am 
Total Hoover

teacup wrote:
GreenDuck wrote:

GreenDuck ...

http://vivashop.org.uk/viva/food-wine/c ... te-buttons

500g for £6.50

Colossal bag of VEGAN white chocolate buttons, suitable for vegan baking, snacking, cake decorating or just about anything that needs buttons! This creamy, divine chocolate is made from cocoa butter, sugar and a little magic.

Oh, thank you!

I will still look out for the coins, because foil-covered chocolate coins are the one Christmas tradition I really like, but that bag of buttons looks amazing! (and it is not from Amazon, yay)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:53 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

They came out last month but Cauldron have vegan sausages and burgers in the frozen section now. The sausages are a beany/veg sausage so good for those that aren't a fan of the fake meat ones.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:47 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I don't know if this is available in store yet as it's not online but Sainsbury's are bringing out a gluten-free vegan macaroni cheese ready meal. I've seen pictures!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1470 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59  Next