Post Punk Kitchen Forum
http://forum.theppk.com/

UK UK!!! v2.0
http://forum.theppk.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=199
Page 3 of 23

Author:  redmog [ Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: UK UK!!! v2.0

Aww, is that akin to the 'autumn harvest festival' thing we have in the UK when we give crappy back of the cupboard tins of corned beef and pineapple to pensioners for some reason I never really understood?[/quote]

Ha! I remember doing this too, except my mum would send me to the shop to get some tins of stuff for it and I would always pick 'Irish Stew' (not vegan!). I have no idea why, I think I thought old people would like stew.

(By the way, hi, I posted very irregularly on the old boards but lurked religously)

ETA: Wow, I did something really weird to that quote...

Author:  interrobang?! [ Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:05 am ]
Post subject:  Re: UK UK!!! v2.0

Hello, redmog. I remember you- weren't you from Edinburgh?

Author:  redmog [ Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: UK UK!!! v2.0

Yes! I'm in Edinburgh. Hello!

Author:  melisser [ Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: UK UK!!! v2.0

Who's going to the Animal Aid Christmas Fayre? (hint: me!)

Author:  garlicbreath [ Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: UK UK!!! v2.0

Didn't know about the waitrose canned pumpkin. Excited! I've drooled over so many recipes needing it always seems too much work roasting and pureeing your own. How much is it?

I never posted on the old UK thread, so hi! I'm emma and my current junk love is pink wafers.

Author:  holylopez [ Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: UK UK!!! v2.0

melisser wrote:
Who's going to the Animal Aid Christmas Fayre? (hint: me!)


yes!

Author:  jojo [ Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: UK UK!!! v2.0

holylopez wrote:
melisser wrote:
Who's going to the Animal Aid Christmas Fayre? (hint: me!)


yes!


Me too! Did I read it right that you managed to get a time to do a talk there Melisser?

Author:  IKnowHowToWhistle [ Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: UK UK!!! v2.0

Ahhhh UK thread! How much do you love the BBC? And the co-op. And just stuuufff.

Author:  Ghost Lips [ Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: UK UK!!! v2.0

No way, I love stuuufff! You too?

Author:  Ghost Lips [ Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: UK UK!!! v2.0

Oh yeah, come to this!

Image

I will be DJing. It's our first one at the new venue (Penthouse R.I.P.) so it's gonna go off hard.

Author:  Efcliz [ Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:14 am ]
Post subject:  Re: UK UK!!! v2.0

canuck in scotland wrote:
EFCLIZ - where oh where did you get reggae reggae NUTS from?


Sainsbugs!

Author:  canuck in scotland [ Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: UK UK!!! v2.0

Efcliz wrote:
canuck in scotland wrote:
EFCLIZ - where oh where did you get reggae reggae NUTS from?


Sainsbugs!


Word, Imma keep my eye out!

Author:  interrobang?! [ Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: UK UK!!! v2.0

Low carb megastore have finally got VWG back in stock. Yas!

Author:  canuck in scotland [ Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: UK UK!!! v2.0

interrobang?! wrote:
Low carb megastore have finally got VWG back in stock. Yas!


God in heaven are you out already? I've still got bags upon bags... upon bags.

Upon bags.

Author:  interrobang?! [ Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: UK UK!!! v2.0

canuck in scotland wrote:
interrobang?! wrote:
Low carb megastore have finally got VWG back in stock. Yas!


God in heaven are you out already? I've still got bags upon bags... upon bags.

Upon bags.


Yip, almost all out! Did you use any of it at all?! Though mayhap my kitty was sneaking pawfuls in the night. Would not be surprised.

Author:  melisser [ Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: UK UK!!! v2.0

jojo wrote:
holylopez wrote:
melisser wrote:
Who's going to the Animal Aid Christmas Fayre? (hint: me!)


yes!


Me too! Did I read it right that you managed to get a time to do a talk there Melisser?


Yep! I'll be doing a talk called, "The Vegan Passport" at 3:15 with a book signing after.

Author:  rachell37 [ Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: UK UK!!! v2.0

interrobang?! wrote:
Low carb megastore have finally got VWG back in stock. Yas!

Praise jeebus. I'm almost out, and I promised someone else I'd let them know when it came in since we were going halfsies on an order.

Author:  interrobang?! [ Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: UK UK!!! v2.0

rachell37 wrote:
interrobang?! wrote:
Low carb megastore have finally got VWG back in stock. Yas!

Praise jeebus. I'm almost out, and I promised someone else I'd let them know when it came in since we were going halfsies on an order.


Don't you buy it all, I don't get paid til Thursday!

Author:  zebedee [ Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: UK UK!!! v2.0

You guys, Ladyfest is happening from the 12th-14th November. You should come. MEN are playing (and who doesn't love JD Samson?).

And the Bust Craftacular is happening a fortnight after!

Author:  rachell37 [ Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: UK UK!!! v2.0

interrobang?! wrote:
rachell37 wrote:
interrobang?! wrote:
Low carb megastore have finally got VWG back in stock. Yas!

Praise jeebus. I'm almost out, and I promised someone else I'd let them know when it came in since we were going halfsies on an order.


Don't you buy it all, I don't get paid til Thursday!

If it turns out they only had 6 kilos, I'll sell you one of mine. Or trade for more bacon cheddar Cheezly (that shiitake is good).

Author:  interrobang?! [ Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: UK UK!!! v2.0

zebedee wrote:
You guys, Ladyfest is happening from the 12th-14th November. You should come. MEN are playing (and who doesn't love JD Samson?).

And the Bust Craftacular is happening a fortnight after!


Holy crepe! I love Ladyfest and I love MEN/JD. So freakin' jealous!

eta: I can come live with you for the whole of November, right?

Author:  8ball [ Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: UK UK!!! v2.0

garlicbreath wrote:
I've drooled over so many recipes needing it always seems too much work roasting and pureeing your own.


It's not that much work and it's totally worth it when you get sweet, sweet pumpkin at the end :) Slice it into wedges about 2" thick at the skin side, scoop out the seeds and stringy pulp, drizzle with oil in a roasting pan and roast at 180 degrees for about an hour. YUM! :)

Author:  MessyVeggie [ Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: UK UK!!! v2.0

Most canned pumpkin isn't the stuff we carve for Halloween, though that's acceptable too. Try kabocha if you want a more authentic canned experience.

Author:  IKnowHowToWhistle [ Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: UK UK!!! v2.0

Yeah stuff! Stuff is great. I can't get enough of it.
I bought a tea set from the Arthur Rank Hospice today. I felt so British in just the right way.

Author:  interrobang?! [ Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: UK UK!!! v2.0

You guys! Another use for the ever versatile travel sausage!

(from the fingerless gloves thread in 'The Mall')

aelle wrote:
joyfulgirl wrote:
aelle wrote:
I like fingerless gloves. You can keep them on to count your change or take notes, or use your Iphone. Fun fact about Korea: it gets too cold for fingerless gloves, so in the winter people carry around sausages to use their tactile screens. True story.

cooked or raw?

Ha, cooked I think - they're sold ready to eat in convenience stores here. But I think either would work.


Jojo, Holley, Messyveggie, anyone else with touchscreen phones- I expect you to try this out and report back asap. Preferably with pics.

Page 3 of 23 All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/