| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Nottingham
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:44 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

dropscone wrote:
vixki wrote:
I've been meaning to go to the Peacock for a while! I keep seeing delicious pictures of food from there.

I haven't been to the doughnuts place but I've had doughnuts from Vegan Junk who are in Nottingham and they're very good. There's a monthly Vegan market in Nottingham (just outside the city centre) which is lovely, I try to go whenever I have some spare time/money!

Nottingham is really quite wonderful for vegans now.

Oh yeah, the Sneiton vegan market and the Dice Cup cafe are two of the things that have been recommended to me that I haven't managed to get to yet. I posted in the Reddit forum about a possible meet up. I gather the market is the first weekend of the month, and it's probably too short notice to make February, but maybe March would be good?

Oooh, can I come please? I don't do Reddit but I'm a Nottingham native so I can tell you where other vegan things are :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:46 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Hazel wrote:
dropscone wrote:
vixki wrote:
I've been meaning to go to the Peacock for a while! I keep seeing delicious pictures of food from there.

I haven't been to the doughnuts place but I've had doughnuts from Vegan Junk who are in Nottingham and they're very good. There's a monthly Vegan market in Nottingham (just outside the city centre) which is lovely, I try to go whenever I have some spare time/money!

Nottingham is really quite wonderful for vegans now.

Oh yeah, the Sneiton vegan market and the Dice Cup cafe are two of the things that have been recommended to me that I haven't managed to get to yet. I posted in the Reddit forum about a possible meet up. I gather the market is the first weekend of the month, and it's probably too short notice to make February, but maybe March would be good?

Oooh, can I come please? I don't do Reddit but I'm a Nottingham native so I can tell you where other vegan things are :D

Of course you can! We've booked a hotel for the first Friday and Saturday in March so will have plenty of time to visit different places. So far the only definite is the vegan market on Saturday and I want to get there as soon as it opens, which I think is around 11? I was thinking the Peacock pub for Sunday lunch, and maybe the Dice Cup for coffee/snackfood on Saturday afternoon, but that still leaves plenty of other time.

Someone was telling me there are some caves that are worth visiting, with the entrance in a shopping centre(?).

I've already been to Annie's and Alley Cafe, but I'd happily visit them again. I went to the Sumac Centre many years ago for a drink, but I haven't been to the People's Kitchen yet and I would quite like to visit that. And there are probably loads of other things I've not even heard about yet. Any recommendations?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:27 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

dropscone wrote:

Of course you can! We've booked a hotel for the first Friday and Saturday in March so will have plenty of time to visit different places. So far the only definite is the vegan market on Saturday and I want to get there as soon as it opens, which I think is around 11? I was thinking the Peacock pub for Sunday lunch, and maybe the Dice Cup for coffee/snackfood on Saturday afternoon, but that still leaves plenty of other time.

Someone was telling me there are some caves that are worth visiting, with the entrance in a shopping centre(?).

I've already been to Annie's and Alley Cafe, but I'd happily visit them again. I went to the Sumac Centre many years ago for a drink, but I haven't been to the People's Kitchen yet and I would quite like to visit that. And there are probably loads of other things I've not even heard about yet. Any recommendations?

Yay \o/ Thank you. The Old Angel has just been taken over by the Alley Cafe People and now has a vegan menu too, so that might be worth a try for one meal/snack as well. Will have a think about what else is there.