| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: No more Sainsbury's meat-free sausages?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:45 am 
Inflexitarian

Please tell me I'm not the only one who loved their snossages?

My Sainsbury's no longer sells their vegan sausages, and has replaced them with Cumberland and pork-style vegetarian sausages that contain egg :(
Is this the same for everyone? I can't see the other ones on their website anymore.

I've emailed Sainsbury's to find out what's happening so if anyone cares I'll keep this updated.

Post subject: Re: No more Sainsbury's meat-free sausages?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:37 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I noticed that a few months ago. I used to get them a couple times a month, usually in a delivery order, but a few months ago they started telling me they were no longer available and suggested the nv ones. I was really disappointed because they were really good! I could never quite decide if I preferred them or LM, but they were definitely different I a good way. I was baffled about the change since they were the only own brand vegan sausages any of the big shops sold. Why would Sainsbury's change a product to so that fewer people could buy it?

Maybe I should write to them too so they know more people are annoyed with the change.

ETA: I wrote to them. I'll update if I hear back first or get a different response.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:43 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Yeah, I noticed that a couple of weeks ago. Very annoying!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:00 pm 
Inflexitarian

Not good news :(

Hi Rosie

Thank you for your email to us. I am sorry that we have replaced our Freefrom sausages with another variant, as the new variety has egg in the ingredients.

We aim to sell a wide range of products so our customers have a varied choice when they visit us. Due to space limitations, we’re unable to stock every item in store. Our buying team regularly review what we're stocking in each store and how well it's selling, to make sure that we're meeting our local customers’ needs.

I can confirm that we have no plans to bring this product back to your store at the current moment, so I’ve made our buyers aware of your interest for the next range review. Due to the volume of these types of requests, we’re sadly unable to follow up on each individually, but I do appreciate the opportunity to look into this for you and we hope to see you in store again soon.

Kind regards,

Ross Stevenson
Customer Manager

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:19 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

Boooooo! Does that mean your local branch has stopped stocking them or Sainsbury's as a whole? Those sausages used to be part of the cooked breakfast at the cafe in my local, so I'll be gutted if the sausages are another thing I have to ask them to leave off. There's only so much replacing with a hash brown you can do!

"I accept all cakes with open arms." - Rebekah

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:40 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Slightly different response to me. Maybe they've had more complaints...

"Thank you for your email. I 'm sorry you are unable to eat our new recipe vegetarian sausages as they now contain egg. I appreciate the disappointment this has caused you, especially as you used to buy these regularly.

We're constantly looking for ways to improve our products and from time to time, we do this by introducing new ingredients to our recipes. I'd like to reassure you that we would always cater for all dietary requirements whenever possible. Unfortunately on some occasions, we're unable to accommodate this.

We understand how important it is for customers who suffer from food allergies to know what our products contain, so we always ensure ingredients are labelled clearly on the packaging. We also have product guidance lists available to download via our website here.

I've passed your concerns on to our suppliers so that they can take them on board at their next review. They'll be able to look into this and consider the possibility of removing the egg from our vegetarian pork style sausages in future. We'll continue to monitor all customer feedback we receive about this product."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:16 am 
Ninja Master

ok well then we need to hound them. We should post it on any vegan groups we're on in fb and you never know!!

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast