| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Where To stay in London before & after the vegan cruise?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:23 pm 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

I'm super stoked! My mom and I are taking the vegan cruise sailing from Tilbury on Sep 25. We plan to arrive in London a day or so before and also stay a few days after the cruise. We have never been to London before so it seems massive and bewildering. Suggestions of where to stay would be greatly appreciated! We want somewhere clean and safe but it doesn't need to be fancy and we would certainly prefer if it wasn't too expensive. The cruise has a bus pickup and drop off location, I think it's at the Victoria Coach Station, so I don't know if that's an area we should consider? Also, our flight will likely be Westjet and arrive at Gatwick so I also don't know the best transport to our hotel with our luggage? London locals, please help!!

Post subject: Re: Where To stay in London before & after the vegan cruise?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:21 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Hello,

Ok so if you are coming into Gatwick you will need to get an overground train to Victoria (it's the easiest station to get to from Gatwick).

There is a Gatwick Express which is non-stop from Gatwick to Victoria but personally I think it's a con, a normal train to Victoria will only take 5-10 minutes longer to get to London and cost less. So you may as well do that.

There is a hotel right next to Victoria, I have never stayed there so I can't speak for how good it is but it might be convenient for what you are doing.

Message me if you need more info.

Mat.