| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: No more Morrison's chicken-style pieces?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:55 am 
Offline
Nailed to the V
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:00 am
Posts: 534
Location: Wales
Has anyone else noticed these have disappeared from the frozen section? They're not their website anymore either.
I really liked those for chucking in to stir-fries!
Anyone know of a similar product available in a supermarket?

_________________
MoFo blog :)
Rosie's vegan kitchen


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No more Morrison's chicken-style pieces?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:02 am 
Offline
Making Threats to Punks Again
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:43 am
Posts: 1112
Location: Currently Lancashire (home planet Lorien)
I read on FB they are having a supply problem but will be getting more stocks. You could try the Realeat version in H&B

_________________
http://vegan-fire.blogspot.co.uk/
"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life" Mary Oliver
Goodreads
π


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No more Morrison's chicken-style pieces?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:14 am 
Offline
Ninja Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:00 pm
Posts: 4623
Location: Surrey, UK
I didn't even know morrisons did them. I always check the supermarket ones and tesco's and sainsbury's both have egg. The realeat ones are nice though.

_________________
I sure do love pumpkins, Cotton.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No more Morrison's chicken-style pieces?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:52 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm
Posts: 3992
Location: Edinburgh
The Morrisson's ones are pretty similar to Realeat but half the price.

_________________
A pie eating contest is a battle with no losers. - amandabear


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No more Morrison's chicken-style pieces?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:42 pm 
Offline
Nailed to the V
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:45 pm
Posts: 536
Location: Your Mom, UK
I found them about a month ago. I hope they are back in stock soon because my partner loved them!

_________________
The Messy Vegetarian Cook
London Vegan Beer Fest


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No more Morrison's chicken-style pieces?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:11 am 
Offline
Making Threats to Punks Again
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:43 am
Posts: 1112
Location: Currently Lancashire (home planet Lorien)
baps wrote:
I didn't even know morrisons did them. I always check the supermarket ones and tesco's and sainsbury's both have egg. The realeat ones are nice though.

They are really close to the vegan ones Asda used to make and taste less like cardboard than the realeat

_________________
http://vegan-fire.blogspot.co.uk/
"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life" Mary Oliver
Goodreads
π


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No more Morrison's chicken-style pieces?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:03 am 
Offline
Nailed to the V
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:00 am
Posts: 534
Location: Wales
Hopefully they'll bring them back then! I was peed off enough when they stopped selling the Vegi delli sage and onion chicken style slices (so good for sandwiches!).

I shall try H&B for the realeat ones, cheers guys.

_________________
MoFo blog :)
Rosie's vegan kitchen


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No more Morrison's chicken-style pieces?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:02 pm 
Offline
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:22 am
Posts: 636
Location: Midlands, UK
They're back in my store. Were they always in such a tiny packet?!

_________________
blog


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No more Morrison's chicken-style pieces?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:19 pm 
Offline
Making Threats to Punks Again
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:43 am
Posts: 1112
Location: Currently Lancashire (home planet Lorien)
vixki wrote:
They're back in my store. Were they always in such a tiny packet?!

How many grams are in the pack? I have 2 in the freezer from before they vanished and they are 300 Grams?

_________________
http://vegan-fire.blogspot.co.uk/
"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life" Mary Oliver
Goodreads
π


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No more Morrison's chicken-style pieces?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:10 pm 
Offline
Making Threats to Punks Again

Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:41 pm
Posts: 1142
Location: Yorkshire, UK
Rosie wrote:
Hopefully they'll bring them back then! I was peed off enough when they stopped selling the Vegi delli sage and onion chicken style slices (so good for sandwiches!).

I shall try H&B for the realeat ones, cheers guys.

I found the sage n onion slice at Morrisons again this week!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No more Morrison's chicken-style pieces?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:05 pm 
Offline
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:22 am
Posts: 636
Location: Midlands, UK
Star wrote:
vixki wrote:
They're back in my store. Were they always in such a tiny packet?!

How many grams are in the pack? I have 2 in the freezer from before they vanished and they are 300 Grams?


I just checked and yeah 300g. Bag seems small for some reason! But I guess not.

_________________
blog


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No more Morrison's chicken-style pieces?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:57 am 
Offline
Nailed to the V
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:00 am
Posts: 534
Location: Wales
Chickpea wrote:
Rosie wrote:
Hopefully they'll bring them back then! I was peed off enough when they stopped selling the Vegi delli sage and onion chicken style slices (so good for sandwiches!).

I shall try H&B for the realeat ones, cheers guys.

I found the sage n onion slice at Morrisons again this week!


Yup, mine too, huzzah! No chicken pieces yet but I'm buying them ALL when they're back in stock.

_________________
MoFo blog :)
Rosie's vegan kitchen


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No more Morrison's chicken-style pieces?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:23 am 
Offline
So Totally Yiffy

Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:35 pm
Posts: 41
Location: England.
Rosie wrote:
Chickpea wrote:
Rosie wrote:
Hopefully they'll bring them back then! I was peed off enough when they stopped selling the Vegi delli sage and onion chicken style slices (so good for sandwiches!).

I shall try H&B for the realeat ones, cheers guys.

I found the sage n onion slice at Morrisons again this week!


Yup, mine too, huzzah! No chicken pieces yet but I'm buying them ALL when they're back in stock.


The chicken pieces are back in my local morrisons!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer