| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mould on Redwood's/VBites products?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:26 am 
Thinks chickens are assholes

Anyone else noticing this?

I've had it twice this month. The first was on sausages the day after I bought them, they were sooooooooo gross, plastered in it! One of the other packets wasn't mouldy but had gone all liquidy on the bottom of the packet.

The second time it was on burgers the day after I had bought them (from a different shop). The other packet was clear and a different use by/best before date. I kept them in the fridge and they've since gone mouldy while still in date.

My regular health shop said they've had to send a load of stuff back because of this. It's put me right off buying redwoods stuff, I just can't trust what's on the turn and what's not now.

Post subject: Re: Mould on Redwood's/VBites products?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:31 am 
Nailed to the V

I would contact the company and ask. I had a pack of the fishless steak "balloon" when they were still in date, I contacted Redwood (when it was still good old Redwood) and as far as I can remember they said it was because they may have come into contact with a source of heat (Not through my actions as I had them packed with ice blocks when I left H&B), they said they would replace them free and sent me about 5 different things (2 packs of the fishless steaks, and several packs of the meat free slices).
Just to be on the safe side I generally freeze Redwood stuff when I get it home, and the cheeses the day I open them (grated before hand)

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life" Mary Oliver

Facebook

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:57 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

A few years ago I had problems with their roasts with a rice stuffing. The bag ballooned up. H&B took them back but once I contacted redwoods direct and I didn't feel their response was good enough. In fact I had to push to get it sorted n there was no offer of extra stuff. I don't really buy many of their products now so haven't noticed the mould thing recently. I certainly felt they should have better customer service.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:43 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Not noticed it, but I only buy the sandwich slices now, and they seem to keep beeter than the other products.

Their home deliveries are a bit dicey though - they only pack the food with ice packs in the box, since the van is an ordinary delivery truck, so sometimes the food is wet and warmish from melted ice. Perhaps they do shop deliveries in the same way?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:34 pm 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

Yeah, this has happened to me a few times.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:51 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I have had problems with their products twice: once mouldy fish fingers (which were really close to their sell-by date) and once weird cheezly (not mouldy but some sort of setting/textural issue). Both times their customer services were really good and sent big boxes of replacement products.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:15 am 
Thinks chickens are assholes

To be honest, I don't think I'd want replacement products. The ones I had the problems with were well within their sell-by dates, I'd be concerned about what unseen nasties could be lurking even when the stuff looks ok.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:52 am 
Nailed to the V

In all fairness it may not necessarily be Redwoods fault :-) . I remember in the past Holland and Barrett having issues with their fridges quite frequently. I know you bought them in a health shop, perhaps they had a power cut over night and didn't realise?

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life" Mary Oliver

Facebook

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]