| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wild Flour Bakery RI, crappy experience....
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:30 pm 
Tofu Pup Forever

Okay so I love this place! Except the other day, me and my hubby who is an omnivore but loves vegan food went to Wild Flour and one of the woman who works there upon seeing his shirt which said "Bacon Strips" was awful! I'm guessing it was his shirt since when we walked in she was super friendly and then she took our order and was super rude and then didn't even get us what we had ordered she just stood there and looked at some print out until another women who had shorter dark hair and was nice walked over and helped us after looking dumb founded why we hadn't already gotten our super difficult order of a cinnamon knot.

Is it just me or is that crappy... okay I HATE his shirt and yes we were at a vegan place but that makes all of us look really bad, right? I've heard bad reviews of the service at The Garden Grille for this same thing but they have always been great we even went there right before and had lunch.

I'm not going to stop going there just wondering if anyone else has had bad service there, maybe it wasn't his shirt but needless to say it was bad service and seems a little bit coincidental....

I hate grumpy customer service

Post subject: Re: Wild Flour Bakery RI, crappy experience....
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:28 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

That doesn't sound so pleasant, I'm sorry it happened to you. Never been there myself, so I don't know. Sorry.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:32 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

ugh! i'm glad someone there was nice to you. If it really was because of his shirt that is SO dumb. It's a shirt! it's not like he came in there with a McDonald's bag. jeeze. some people are just poo brains. but, on the other hand, maybe she was just having a crappy day OR maybe she hates customer service and is like that to everyone. It doesn't make it better, but I'm just hopeful that it didn't have anything to do with your husband's shirt.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:15 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

she should have been happy someone who is not a vegan went in to enjoy some tasty vegan food and she should have been super nice to him to make him see vegan food and people are awesome rather than being a cow.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:58 am 
Level 7 Vegan

I've only been there once and they were great, so I can't speak for Wild Flour service, but almost EVERY time I've been at Garden Grille we've ended up sitting next to people who spend the whole meal remarking how "different" veg*n food is--and the servers have always been lovely to them.

But like ijdi said, it could have been a bad day for that particular girl. The other woman helped you out, so it's not a policy against people with bacon shirts! (Maybe she didn't even see the shirt, or it wasn't that it was about bacon, but that her ex-boyfriend used to wear the same shirt and seeing it made her think of him and she got so sad she forgot about the cinnamon roll!)

(Oh man that would be so sad.)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:15 pm 
Tofu Pup Forever

Ya maybe your all right and she was just having a bad day, I just get so frustrated any time I have bad customer service because I worked in it for so many years and I know how you can make or ruin someones day by not being at your best. We'll give the cranky one the benefit of the doubt that it was a bad day, in which case she needs to work on her people skills : )

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:54 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku

the service really depends on the hipsters who are behind the counter at wildflower...the same goes for garden grille. they can be a little pretentious thinking that their poop doesn't stink. however, the bakery items are absolutely fabulous. the coffee is a bit acidic for my taste, but the food is awesome. the hipsters however...should really go back to west side of providence where they belong.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:19 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

I can't say that I've ever had an experience that anywhere near resembles the negative ones described by a couple of people here. Everyone I've dealt with has been very friendly and outgoing.

I especially wouldn't categorize the kind folks there as "hipsters" and call for their relocation to the other side of town.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:15 pm 
protein lump

i'm not a hipster, but i live on the west side so if they moved over here i certainly wouldn't complain.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:09 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku

ooof. maybe i was a little harsh on the hipsters. maybe i'm just old.

wild flower is great and the people behind the counter are good too.