| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Veg Fest Boston this weekend!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:55 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

There's not a whole lot of activity happening in this forum so I had to call attention to this.
Should be fun! Who's excited?

Post subject: Re: Veg Fest Boston this weekend!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:21 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I am! I am!!!

I have a ton of schoolwork to do this weekend, but since I live literally right down the street from RCC, I'll definitely be stopping in for a few hours.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:01 am 
Cranky

I'm probably going both days, since the lovely esme and mgorhon will be there.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:59 am 
protein lump

yay! we will be there, possibly with louzilla, tabling for for the animals sanctuary. stop by and say hello!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:12 am 
ugh

I'll be there on Sunday, and yes, I'm excited! I am going to buy SO MUCH food that I don't need.

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:18 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I'm probably going on Sunday but no idea what time yet. I'm hoping to find Soy Curls and Nacheez there for purchase, but I can't remember if they had Soy Curls last year or not.

It's kind of weird they're having that $5 advance entrance thing on Sat.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:43 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I'm probably going to stop by, too, but I'm not sure when. I'm really excited to be able to buy specialty products. I didn't really realize that was an option.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:53 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

ndpittman wrote:
I'm probably going to stop by, too, but I'm not sure when. I'm really excited to be able to buy specialty products. I didn't really realize that was an option.

I'm just hoping for Soy Curls and Nacheez but those are probably crazy dreams, since I think they're both from West Coast and the fest seems a bit more local/East Coast oriented. We shall see.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:43 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I think they had soy curls last year. We actually got the advance tickets because I get kinda crazed in the crowds, I thought it might be nicer getting in before it gets nuts.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:41 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

bap wrote:
I think they had soy curls last year. We actually got the advance tickets because I get kinda crazed in the crowds, I thought it might be nicer getting in before it gets nuts.

yeah it's probably not a bad idea. I'm just not sure I can get up in time on saturday.

Glad to hear there were soy curls last year- I thought so. I haven't managed to order them online and I really want to try them finally.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:40 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I'd forgotten it was this weekend! I'm definitely going for a bit, though I kind of want to spend most of Saturday just sitting in my apartment, cleaning/doing nothing/prepping for nanowrimo.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:39 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

woot woot!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:02 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

esme wrote:
yay! we will be there, possibly with louzilla, tabling for for the animals sanctuary. stop by and say hello!

yeahh! I'll be there both days! Super stoked.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:40 pm 
Cranky

I'm keeping the whole weekend open for PPK shenanigans!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:33 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

Very much looking forward to this tomorrow. I've been reluctant at times over the past couple of years due to the increasing crowds this draws, and ended up jumping at the chance to have an earlier walk through the exhibitor floor from 10-11am by buying tickets to do so.

May-Wah, Cascal, Earth Balance (who I hope might be unveiling a holiday nog or coffee creamer perhaps? <hopeful>) and Equal Exchange are must hit tables for me, and so many others.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:18 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Forgot about this!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:32 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Here right now pink boots blue hoodie say hi!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:23 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

i was there yesterday (i was the girl with the awful growing-out pixie-mullet in the bright bright retro red jacket) and had so much fun! i hung out with josh from herbivore, bought a crap-ton of dandies, ate more cupcakes and donuts than i should have, and purchased four vegan shirts (two from herbivore and two from compassion co., who i had not heard of until yesterday). i also bought the new fakin' bacon chocolate bar from rescue chocolate, and guys. it is SO good. i also bought some of the cleo vegan reese's cups from cosmo's vegan shoppe, but i am practicing self-restraint and i have not eaten them yet.

after the vegfest, the hubs and i trekked out to allston on the T to go to peace o'pie. it was our first time going and oh my goodness so yummy. we got the "classy" pizza-- kalamata olives, artichoke hearts, and roasted garlic, with plenty of melty oozy daiya. nom nom nom.

we would have stayed in boston and gone to the vegfest for both days, but the darn nor'easter had to ruin everything. plus i have a research paper due at 10a tomorrow morning which i am only halfway finished with.... and should be typing right now, instead of PPKing.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:02 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I just got home, it was fun. I loved the photo booth thing, that was awesome. Got some random samples, loved the free Lightlife hotdogs and Daiya quesadillas, even though I'm not a huge fan of Daiya. I also finally tried a vanilla-chocolate softserve with peanut sauce from the Like No Udder truck outside, it was amazing. Also- was stoked to hear that Wheelers is now being sold at 3 Scoops in Brighton. My friend got a banana split from his booth and it was good.

I was a little disappointed that a lot of booths were selling food as opposed to offering samples and it seemed kind of expensive on the whole. I did buy a burger from the Veggie Galaxy booth to take home.

Last edited by Quarantined on Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:04 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

oops I meant to edit not re-post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:45 am 
ugh

I was way too stressed out by the massive crowd of people to really enjoy this, but at least I got some Dandies and a Twilight bar and a creamsicle milkshake, and said hi to Louzilla. I'm sure I missed half of what was available since I couldn't make it to the front of tables half of the time.

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:29 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I'm sad I missed it! I spent my time (and cash) doing 12 loads of laundry though. OK, only 6 really, but they were the big machines. I'm the most sorry about missing Like No Udder, but I was too cold to drag my butt out in the cold for ice cream.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:33 am 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Went yesterday afternoon and came away stuffed with Dandies, choc-raspberry cupcakes (soooo good!) and quesadillas. And pizza! And a chocolate shake! A grand day out!

Unfortunately I was too wimpy to chat to anyone though. grrrr...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:12 pm 
Cranky

b.vicious wrote:
I was way too stressed out by the massive crowd of people to really enjoy this, but at least I got some Dandies and a Twilight bar and a creamsicle milkshake, and said hi to Louzilla. I'm sure I missed half of what was available since I couldn't make it to the front of tables half of the time.

Lou described you, and I realized that I saw you several times yesterday!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:27 pm 
ugh

Dr. Apricot wrote:
b.vicious wrote:

Lou described you, and I realized that I saw you several times yesterday!

Haha, was it, "awkward, annoyed-looking lady wearing purple horns"?