| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Prana
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:06 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Anyone been to Prana in Newton since they reopened? I've never been at all, but I got a groupon thingie last week and am just curious if anyone's been lately and can recommend stuff there.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

Post subject: Re: Prana
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:27 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I went there once, not sure if it was opened or re-opened. The carrot cake was DIVINE though!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:15 pm 
used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16

I've never been but I don't live very far from there! Meetup anyone?

The day Joy stops coming out of my anus is the day that something else awesome stops doing whatever it is also doing. - Mars

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:50 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

No idea when I'm going and I'm swamped right now, but I'll let you know!

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:50 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I finally went here the other night and it was really good, but really expensive. The raw cheese platter appetizer was insane, off the charts good, homemade cashew cheese and flax crackers with pickled vegetables. I think it's worth going just for that. Also had a quesadilla with daiya which was just ok, and had the grain du jour main.

Also got ice cream (not sure if it's made of nuts or what?) which was really good, and shared the cheesecake and that was also just ok. I know it's organic and all, but I felt like the cooked dishes were pretty skimpy for the price. Still I would recommend it for a special occasion.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:03 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Quarantined wrote:
I finally went here the other night and it was really good, but really expensive. The raw cheese platter appetizer was insane, off the charts good, homemade cashew cheese and flax crackers with pickled vegetables. I think it's worth going just for that. Also had a quesadilla with daiya which was just ok, and had the grain du jour main.

Also got ice cream (not sure if it's made of nuts or what?) which was really good, and shared the cheesecake and that was also just ok. I know it's organic and all, but I felt like the cooked dishes were pretty skimpy for the price. Still I would recommend it for a special occasion.

I went sometime this winter and felt the same way. The cheese plate was delicious, but tiny.

They had some issues with food allergies at our table (I know my nightshade allergies are difficult to work around, so the 2 misfires [as in after I told them about my allergies and handed them a list of things I can't eat, they brought me stuff with nightshades twice in one night] were understandable, but one girl at our table was just gluten free, and our waitress wasn't even sure what she could have at first), BUT that could have just been that the staff people on that night were new or inexperienced.

The food was good, and we don't go out so often that the price would be a real barrier (ie, meals out are a splurge anyway, so it's okay). I'd be willing to try it another time, but it's so far out of my way that it's not quite worth the effort.