| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Veggie Planet moving/closing?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:55 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

this seems like it was posted on the Veg Planet fb page. my friend pasted it onto my fb page

"""Looks like the word is out, so we want to provide some facts.

It’s very sad, but true; Veggie Planet will not exist in its current location beyond the end of August (OPERATIONS WILL CONTINUE AS NORMAL UNTIL THEN!).

Since Club Passim’s seating capacity was reduced in late 2011 due to fire code enforcement, and given that there is no table turnover in their concert room every night, it has become unsustainable to continue to operate Veggie Planet in that space.

We hope that it will live on in a new location - - hopefully right in Harvard Square where there is such a great community of regular customers. Some of these folks eat here nearly every day of the week, and for that we've been incredibly grateful.

Given that we also operate Veggie Galaxy, however, we feel that our attention is better focused on Galaxy than on the time and energy it would take to transfer Veggie Planet's operations to an alternative location. Therefore, we sincerely hope that potential new owners will come forward to operate Veggie Planet in a new space.

Interested, or know somebody who might be? Email Adam at adamveggieplanet@gmail.com (4 photos)"""

ive yet to make it to Veg Galaxy but ive been to Veg Planet a few times and like their menu better. i hope they find a better place with more than 3 tables crammed into a corner.

Post subject: Re: Veggie Planet moving/closing?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:36 pm 
WELFARIST!

That was one thing that always bothered me about Veggie Planet- the seating. I love their menu but you had to sit on top of people to eat there, and their hours and seating was even weirder when it was Club Passim. I don't remember which day it was but if you came in on that day, it was Club Passim and if you wanted to eat, you had to sit across from the kitchen and they only had 2-3 tables squished together. I hope they find a new location with bigger space.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:10 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

ive only been a couple times but i always had to sit in the squish area across from the kitchen. the last time we went there was a show at Passim (that we werent going to) so since there 3 whole tables were full we had to leave (didnt wanna wait)

i went to a show once in Passim and we got food and they gave us like school cafeteria trays to eat from since we were sitting up agains the wall (ie not at a table)

weird.

i havent been to Veg Galaxy yet but there menu didnt appeal to me as much as the Veg Planet one and it seemed overpriced.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:23 am 
Flounceiad 2011

Oh, no, this is terrible news! I love Veggie Galaxy, but Veggie Planet is a Harvard Square institution; I really hope someone steps up to keep it going (although I'd still be sad about the location change)!

http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:16 pm 
WELFARIST!

At least we know they'll stay in Cambridge. They have said a number of times before that they won't build in Boston, and want to stay in Cambridge.