| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed May 04, 2016 1:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NH and RI
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:53 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

So my friend and I want to get out of Boston for the day and are planning on doing a day trip to either NH or RI. It would only be for one day so I was wondering two things- are there any vegan restaurants in either state that I should check out? What else is there to do in either NH or RI? I haven't been to NH in years and I've never been to RI.

Post subject: Re: NH and RI
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:38 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

if you want to take a road trip somewhere in New England i would say go to Maine.
Maine is basically the best. Wells and Kennebunk arent that far over the border. Kennebunkport is a fun little touristy down town area. there are beaches everywhere.
Portland is a little farther up there is a restaurant called Green Elephant, cant remember if its vegetarian or vegan but it's good.
Freeport i think is a bit past Portland and its where the main LL Bean store is. it's huge and a big tourist attraction for some reason. fun to walk around downtown Freeport lots of stores to wander around.

i dont know about vegan restaurants in RI but things to do there is Cliff Walk in Newport. really fancy pantsy mansions right on the ocean with a walking pathway.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:19 pm 
Saggy Butt

As long as you go to one of the main cities in either state, you should be all set for eating.

Providence/Pawtucket:
-Garden Grill
-WildFlour Bakery (next to GG)
-Veggie Fun
-Julian's (on Federal Hill)
-The Grange (might be dinner only. It's pricey, but when else are you going to have Irish/Japanese fusion?)

Portsmouth:
-Portsmouth Brewing Company has vegan options
-Flatbread has vegan options
-Last time I was there, they were opening a Green Elephant also, which should be operational by now

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:40 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I had no idea there was so much vegan food in RI. The cheaper the better since my friend and I are both on a super tight budget. I'm starting to lean more towards RI because I've yet to go and it seems like food shouldn't be that much of an issue.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:36 am 
Saggy Butt

Mr. Shankly wrote:
I had no idea there was so much vegan food in RI. The cheaper the better since my friend and I are both on a super tight budget. I'm starting to lean more towards RI because I've yet to go and it seems like food shouldn't be that much of an issue.

Providence especially is really great for vegan food. I'm sure there's even more, but those are just the places I've had experience with.

Since you're on a tight budget I'd recommend Julian's or Veggie Fun since they're more reasonably priced and the entrees are definitely big enough to split. I say this as someone with a large appetite.

Julian's is relatively teeny though, so if you're there at a normal meal time you might have a bit of a wait. We went to Julian's for brunch and I was SO HUNGRY after the wait. I ordered tofu benedict and a side of home fries bc I had never been before and thought I needed that much food. *Nobody* needs that much food.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:35 pm 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

Providence is great for vegan food! Second to all that was said before. Plus:

- Nice Slice (vegan pizza slices)
- AS220 Food (cheap vegan options)
- Like No Udder (vegan ice cream truck)

Also fun things to do other than eat, like walk around Thayer Street / Brown University area for shops and such, or see an move at a funky old movie theatre (Cable Car or Avon).

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 9:25 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Like No Udder has a storefront now! She said it'll be another week or two for soft serve (which is so good), but they have regular ice cream already.

http://like-no-udder.com/

I haven't had Nice Slice in a few years, but it was great. I need to go back to Providence.