| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Favorite eats around Brookline MA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:50 am 
Memorized Veganomicon

Hi ppk! I am wondering what your favorite places to grab some grub are in Brookline namely around Coolidge Corner/Downtown Brookline.

Post subject: Re: Favorite eats around Brookline MA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:44 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Naked Pizza has Daiya but it gets pricey for a pie with vegan cheese and a decent number of veggies. I ate there for the first time recently and it was pretty good but not sure it was totally worth the cost.

I like Boca Grande for burritos, they have tofu.

Genki Ya has good veggie sushi, also kind of pricey though.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:54 pm 
WELFARIST!

Can you head over to Allston or Brighton at all? I've walked to Brookline from Grasshopper before.

eta: There's also a place that sells super cheap sushi. They take forever to make it so we just order over the phone and then head their from wherever we are. I'll be able to get the name of the place later for you.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:15 pm 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

Naked Pizza does have vegan cheese, but the one time I ordered a vegan pizza from them, it was pretty gross and overpriced.

My favorite vegan-friendly spots in Brookline are:

Genki Ya - kinda pricey, but SO yummy, with lots of veg sushi choices!
Dorado Taco - have two vegetarian tacos that can be made vegan, and they are amazing, and also super cheap - plus their guac, salsa, chips are really good
Kupels Bagels - they have vegan cream cheese! Not sure if you needed a breakfast option, but here ya go
Zenna Noodle Bar - has a veg section, which can be made vegan; it's a cute place that's also tasty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:18 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

Yay so happy to hear about these options. I grew up in the area as a vegetarian so I have experience getting vegetarian food in the area, but so glad to hear there are some good vegan options! I am definitely open to exploring Allston as well (and looking forward to exploring it!) I know Grasshopper is there as well as Fomu which I love.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:01 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

FuGaKyu is a long-time favorite of ours in Coolidge Corner (nice cocktails, delicious sushi, and a lot of veggie appetizers); Mr Sushi and Pho Lemongrass are also good!

http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:32 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

I just posted about this in LisaPunk's fancy restaurant thread, but we went last night and everything was good: for apps we had Gobi Manchurian, these chicken drumstick things (I think they might have been made with Match), and for entrees the polenta napoleon and a fig pizza that was my favorite; we were too full for dessert, but next time for sure! The service was kind of ropey and disorganized, but the place was absolutely packed; they've only been open a few weeks, and it's nice to see them doing such a good business, so I'll give it a month and go back when they've got the kinks sorted out!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:45 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

Desdemona wrote:
I just posted about this in LisaPunk's fancy restaurant thread, but we went last night and everything was good: for apps we had Gobi Manchurian, these chicken drumstick things (I think they might have been made with Match), and for entrees the polenta napoleon and a fig pizza that was my favorite; we were too full for dessert, but next time for sure! The service was kind of ropey and disorganized, but the place was absolutely packed; they've only been open a few weeks, and it's nice to see them doing such a good business, so I'll give it a month and go back when they've got the kinks sorted out!
I posted this here by mistake; it refers to the Walnut Grille in Newton Highlands!

http://www.walnutgrille.com