| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Places to eat near Fenway?
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:15 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

I'm probably going to the game on Friday (yay!) - does anyone have recommendations for food near Fenway?
Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Places to eat near Fenway?
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:22 am 
ugh

Elephant Walk isn't too far away from there. Delicious vegan options but it's not cheap and on the fancier side.

Yard House is very close to Fenway but I haven't been myself. Their website warns that they aren't really vegan because of shared cooking surfaces, but if that doesn't bother you, it looks like they have some decent options. They have a gardein-specific menu! http://www.yardhouse.com/menus/gardein.aspx

Then again, if you don't mind taking the T for a little bit, your options really open up. Boloco on Newbury St. for a cheap option, My Thai in Chinatown isn't much further and very close to the Boylston stop on the green line.

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:43 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Lower Depths is close and has a great vegan black bean burger and tots, maybe other stuff but that's what I always order. It's one of my favorite places in Boston.
Also in the Kenmore area: Boca Grande (burritos, they have tofu) and Qdoba (burritos, no tofu).
Beerworks can do vegan food... they took the pizza off the menu, but you can still get a custom made cheeseless pizza if you ask. I'm not sure if their garden burger is vegan (I never get it) so it might not be worth going unless you are up for asking a ton of questions and doing a special order.

Yard House is close, I didn't love it. But if you like gardein it is probably better. It might be super busy. There is also a Chipotle if you walk a bit past Yard House (away from Fenway).

On Boylston St near Mass Ave there is: Spikes (veggie dogs and curly fries), Boloco, and maybe some other stuff. It's a 10-15 min walk to Fenway, maybe?

Elephant Walk is SO good, but more $.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:46 am 
ugh

This thread is old, but for future reference, I just found out that El Pelón Taqueria has vegan tamales w/Daiya cheese! Which makes me think they will probably sub Daiya for other menu items. I haven't actually eaten there yet but I've heard good things.

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:15 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

b.vicious wrote:
This thread is old, but for future reference, I just found out that El Pelón Taqueria has vegan tamales w/Daiya cheese! Which makes me think they will probably sub Daiya for other menu items. I haven't actually eaten there yet but I've heard good things.

This is awesome to know! I haven't been there since the fire burnt it all down... years ago.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:20 am 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

Again, I know this thread is old but, in case not everyone knows: Fenway has vegan veggie dogs! They also have veggie burgers, but I'm not sure if they are vegan.

In case you want to find them, they are all the way behind Home Plate. You literally have to walk the whole way around until you hit a wall. And then there's a "Healthy Choices" (or something) cart, with a sign that says veggie dogs. They're pretty tasty too.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:37 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Excellent!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:19 am 
Bathes in Braggs

That's awesome to know about Fenway! I'll definitely make the trek to find them next time I'm there.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:23 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Every time I get the vegan hotdog at Fenway I'm always the only one at that booth, haha, and it looks like no one ever buys anything there. I hope they keep them around because they're pretty tasty.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles