| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Michigan: tell me about your grocery stores!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:02 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

It looks like I will be visiting your fair state for a couple weeks in December. It has been awhile since I have been there for a significant amount of time, so tell me, what can I get at kroger and meijers? Seitan? Wildwood? Kombucha? Tempeh? Should I just bring soy curls eith me?

I can try and bring goodies, but I will have to see how much time I have for shopping before I come.

Possible meet up?

Post subject: Re: Michigan: tell me about your grocery stores!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:07 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Oh yeah, if we are friends on Facebook, please keep this quiet, I am surprising my brother!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:46 am 
Smuggling Raisins

These days, most Krogers are pretty useful. If they have a "Natural Foods" section, they have tofu, non-dairy milks, tofutti cream cheese, Earth Balance, Gardein, vegan chocolate, tempeh, etc. I'm not sure if I've seen seitan there. For a conventional grocery, they have a lot.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:25 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Thank you! I know the kroger near my parents house had a pretty good natural foods selection when I lived there, can't wait to see it now. There is a hfs in flint, so I can check that out as well. I think I will be in Michigan from December 4 to the 19!

I ended up telling my brother, he has a great house for parties!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:23 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

Wait, you're going to be near Flint? I am a Flint vegan expert. I moved out of Flint just this past summer.

Dale's Natural Foods on Miller road will have everything you need. It will be independent hfs pricey, but they have soy yogurt, seitan, etc. And if you're in need of lunch options in Flint, just let me know.

Too bad my Michigan trip is later in December, or we could have a Michigan ex-pat meet up.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:49 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Oh man! I bet we know lots of the same people! I was vegan in flint, but moved in 2007. I will be there dec. 4-19, any chance you will be around?

I usually go to steady eddy's, is there anything else you recommend. last time I think I went to the lunch studio(is that what it's called?) I used to go there all the time when it was kinelo's!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:57 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

Aw, I won't be in town until the 23rd, most likely. I'm sure we've got at least a few people in common.
Steady Eddy's is great, and The Lunch Studio is good. They have a yummy vegan pita, and usually have vegan soup. Bada West is always delish. There are some new-ish places downtown that have veganizable stuff--the 501 Grill can sub olive oil for butter, and leave cheese off things if you ask. Wize Guys pizza has lots of veg toppings, and The Torch even has a boca burger now. And everyone should go to The Good Beans Cafe for everything, all the time, for coffee and vegan cookies and joy.