| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: moving to st. louis...i have questions!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:12 pm 
Tofu Pup

hi all!

i'm alia. i was on the old board ages ago (as ann1243), and I've been lurking the new boards forever. i finally made a new account because i need your help! i will be moving to st. louis (from pdx) in july, and i want to know about housing/fun things to do/places to see/ppkers to meet/things to eat/etc. i will be working with a tight budget (i will be working at a nonprofit through AmeriCorps and living on a stipend), so any tips on affordable living in st. louis would be great!

specific questions:
-where should i live? i will be working downtown and will have a car, but would prefer to live somewhat close to work. some quick research tells me that soulard and lafayette sound like cool neighborhoods, but probably out of my price range. i want something affordable, but also vibrant! i like culture, friendly people, diversity, coffee shops, live music, good bars, etc.
-is there any social dancing scene to be found? i grew up contra dancing in new england, and i've come to enjoy swing dancing/blues dancing in my time on the west coast.
-i'm soy intolerant. any restaurants/bakeries that have soy free vegan food?

what else do i need to know about st. louis? i've never visited and i know nothing about the city, but i'm excited to live somewhere new. also, hang out with me in july?

thanks ppk!

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ]