| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Vegan Kitchen Takeover, Grand rapids
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:36 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Is anyone attending the Vegan Kitchen Takeover event today in Grand Rapids? Its a meet up event that I saw on the GR vegans page, which I am kind of unsure how it works. The event is run by two chefs from the city who are serving a menu of beet burgers on pretzel buns, root beer floats, sundaes, chilli cheese fries, and more. They serve it at some other chef's restaurant, Chicago 7 pizza kitchen, and give the proceeds to a local no kill animal shelter. Each person had to sign up at a certain time slot so that we are going in small groups every half hour starting to eat and meet with the chefs about their restaurants, foods, lives, etc.

It seems like its going to be fun, but I am kind of confused about the whole thing and I have never been to anything like this. It is the coolest food related thing I've heard of and I am amazed there is something right here in GR that is so foodie-esque and vegan no less! I love it, that city is actually getting on the map as far as amount of vegan places there are and most of them are quite tasty and affordable.

I'll bring my camera and take pictures of the goings' on.

Last edited by vegetable_assassin on Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re: Vegan Kitchen Takeover, Grand rapids
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:38 pm 
Cranky

I have no advice to contribute, but I wish I were visiting now instead of the weekend after Xmas!

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]