| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Twin Cities
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:38 pm 
Venomous Head of Veganism

I'm gonna be there next week, signing books and handing out cookies. Spread the word if you can! Here ist he FB event from Magers & Quinn.
https://www.facebook.com/events/5723596 ... n&source=1

I'm excited, I love MPLS!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:59 pm 
Has Isa on speed dial

I'm going to be there next week as well, eating all the food and drinking all the coffee/beer. Anything happening in terms of shows etc. that should be considered?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:32 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I'm bringing a friend from work to the book signing. We're going to get some delicious Pizza Luce beforehand.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:54 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Hello! I am going to be in Minneapolis the first week of May for a conference (arriving on Wednesday 4/30 in the evening and flying out on Sunday 5/4 in the early afternoon). I am going to read through the thread for ideas on what to eat this weekend, but I'm wondering if maybe some of the info is outdated and if there is anywhere new that I must try out! I'll be with a friend while I'm there and I'm not sure if she'll want me to drag her all over town. We're staying near the convention center Wednesday through Friday, and we're thinking about getting a hotel in a different area for Saturday night. I have a few questions.

1. Should we stay in a different area for our last night in town? Maybe more of a neighborhood-y place that is walkable to fun bars/restaurants?
2. Is there anywhere tasty near the convention center where I can get vegan food quickly for lunch in case the lunch at the conference is not vegan?
3. Are there a few must go places for food and beer? (I like most beer but not Belgian style or sours, and for food I would be particularly excited by exciting sandwiches and fake meat-y Asian food. Also, I would like to go to a brewery or two if possible)
4. How is the public transportation? We won't have a car.
5. If anyone is interested in a meetup let me know! I'm not sure when I'll have time because we don't know what day/time our presentation is and I'm not sure how late the conference goes. But maybe lunch on Saturday or dinner Saturday since I know I'll be done with my obligations then? I will also have to convince my friend that she wants to meet up with folks from the ppk, but she's done it before so I think she'll be down.

Thank you!!

I have put my mouth, this is the best sandwich. Since. I agree Araya monkeytoes too much, especially the lunch buffet. I have no idea of ​​the city center. I mean try headstrong, but I have not made there. --spam!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:18 pm 
Nailed to the V

Vegan donuts at Glam Doll! That's pretty close to the convention center~half hour walk. There are a lot of places to eat on that Nicollet Ave stretch: sloppy joes and (admittedly expensive) milkshakes and Bad Waitress, awesome Pho at Jasmine Deli, lots of vegan chinese food with fake meaty stuff at Evergreen. That area might be your best bet for lunch near the convention center.

I don't know much about the public transportation system, but there are a lot of busses.

Triple Rock has lots of vegan bar food (big sandwiches and hashes with nacho cheese sauce), and weekend brunch with such things as vegan pigs in a blanket. Modern Times Cafe has even better breakfast and lunch, every day.

The Wedge co-op has vegan (house made, coconut based) soft serve! Available in vanilla, chocolate and twist cones, or in shakes.

Namaste Cafe for Indian food.
Blue Nile for Ethiopian food.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you ever have any more questions.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:19 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Thank you for the tips!! Evergreen sounds right up my alley. And coconut soft serve?! Yes please.

I have put my mouth, this is the best sandwich. Since. I agree Araya monkeytoes too much, especially the lunch buffet. I have no idea of ​​the city center. I mean try headstrong, but I have not made there. --spam!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:08 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Pizza Luce has a lot of options and I know there is one downtown.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 9:46 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Thanks Garrick and fatcat! Great recommendations. We went to Pizza Luce last night for dinner. Mock duck pizza! Delish. The vegan Greek salad was also great. Then today we went to Evergreen for lunch and Triple Rock for dinner. The air bnb we are staying at has bikes that to borrow so we rode bikes around today. Best work trip ever!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8