Post Punk Kitchen Forum
http://forum.theppk.com/

Twin Cities
http://forum.theppk.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=422
Page 3 of 8

Author:  sarahnorine [ Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:12 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Twin Cities

CharleeLou wrote:
hows your car doing now?

Oh it's fine. The plows finally got their shiitake together and we were able to dig it out.

Author:  wave runner [ Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Twin Cities

Vegan Product Availability Update Bonanza: Upton's Naturals Seitan is now at the Wedge, and We Can't Say It's Cheese is available at Byerly's!

Author:  sarahnorine [ Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Twin Cities

wave runner wrote:
Vegan Product Availability Update Bonanza: Upton's Naturals Seitan is now at the Wedge, and We Can't Say It's Cheese is available at Byerly's!

WHAT. Byerly's by Rosedale?????

Author:  molasses jane [ Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Twin Cities

There is *so much* snow here right now. It is ridiculous. The snow drifts are taller than me. Minnesota is hard core!

Author:  sarahnorine [ Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Twin Cities

molasses jane wrote:
There is *so much* snow here right now. It is ridiculous. The snow drifts are taller than me. Minnesota is hard core!

I agree. The East Coast is just now getting slammed with that snow storm we had. AND it made MSN news! They should've reported on the crepe that went on here.

Author:  thedreamofhorses [ Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Twin Cities

sarahnorine wrote:
I agree. The East Coast is just now getting slammed with that snow storm we had. AND it made MSN news! They should've reported on the crepe that went on here.


Tell me about it. All my friends in NYC were fbook posting like crazy, but all the pictures just look like Minneapolis.

Author:  dandykins [ Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: twin cities

sarahnorine wrote:
And then please immediately visit Triple Rock Social Club


Dude, I was wondering when the Triple Rock Social Club was going to get some love. That is my favorite TC vegan restaurant, and it's a bar. I love their weekend brunches. Mother trucker all the way. And the vegan cook's revenge!!

Author:  dandykins [ Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Twin Cities

sarahnorine wrote:
wave runner wrote:
Vegan Product Availability Update Bonanza: Upton's Naturals Seitan is now at the Wedge, and We Can't Say It's Cheese is available at Byerly's!

WHAT. Byerly's by Rosedale?????


Yeah, I've called Byerly's in Roseville and they say they don't carry it (??). Neither does the Byerly's in St. Paul. But I can tell you Whole Foods in St. Paul has We Can't Say It's Cheese!

My husband doesn't like fake meat and he loves Upton's Naturals Seitan. If that isn't an endorsement, I don't know what is.

Author:  dandykins [ Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Twin Cities

molasses jane wrote:
wave runner wrote:
I've been meaning to have Ethiopian food for awhile now, can any one recommend a good spot?


Fasika in St. Paul (on Snelling) is my absolute favourite.


+1. It's awesome.

Author:  thedreamofhorses [ Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:14 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Twin Cities

dandykins wrote:
Yeah, I've called Byerly's in Roseville and they say they don't carry it (??). Neither does the Byerly's in St. Paul. But I can tell you Whole Foods in St. Paul has We Can't Say It's Cheese!


The Byerly's in SLP has it. I've tried two of them so far. The hickory one is GROSS, but the "mexican" one is pretty rad. I don't know though.. if I were to stop at a whole foods and I wanted "cheese" stuff I'd just buy daiya (and may I say I was happily surprised to see that in mn, as I couldn't find it in 2 nyc whole foods for a while).

Author:  dandykins [ Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Twin Cities

thedreamofhorses wrote:
The Byerly's in SLP has it. I've tried two of them so far. The hickory one is GROSS, but the "mexican" one is pretty rad. I don't know though.. if I were to stop at a whole foods and I wanted "cheese" stuff I'd just buy daiya (and may I say I was happily surprised to see that in mn, as I couldn't find it in 2 nyc whole foods for a while).


Ha - probably speaks to my dubious palate, but omni s.o. and I both loved the hickory one. We're having it at our new year's party!

Author:  sarahnorine [ Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:11 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Twin Cities

And the Wedge has it I guess too!

Author:  sarahnorine [ Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Twin Cities

Also! It's not at the Wedge. They only have We Can't Say It's Sour Cream.

Author:  thedreamofhorses [ Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Twin Cities

dandykins wrote:
Ha - probably speaks to my dubious palate, but omni s.o. and I both loved the hickory one. We're having it at our new year's party!


!! I didn't mean offense! I grew up with spicy cumin flavored everything. Hickory is too foreign for my tex-mex little taste buds.

Author:  dandykins [ Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Twin Cities

thedreamofhorses wrote:
!! I didn't mean offense! I grew up with spicy cumin flavored everything. Hickory is too foreign for my tex-mex little taste buds.


Nono, didn't take it that way at all! Different strokes for different folks. No sweat. Life is good : )

Author:  dandykins [ Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Twin Cities

Completely unrelated, but has anyone else noticed that the Triple Rock cook's revenge has kind of gone downhill? I've been going there for almost ten years now and always got the revenge because they're, without fail, delicious, but after a few consecutive ones that were pretty abysmal (reheated boca patties, anyone?) I'm just ordering off the menu.

I don't know the name of the woman with the face tattoos that works there all the time, but I really wish she was in the kitchen more often (even though I'm happy she doesn't have to work the crappy night hours any more.) She's awesome - the food is fantastic when she's there.

Author:  sarahnorine [ Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Twin Cities

dandykins wrote:
Completely unrelated, but has anyone else noticed that the Triple Rock cook's revenge has kind of gone downhill? I've been going there for almost ten years now and always got the revenge because they're, without fail, delicious, but after a few consecutive ones that were pretty abysmal (reheated boca patties, anyone?) I'm just ordering off the menu.

I don't know the name of the woman with the face tattoos that works there all the time, but I really wish she was in the kitchen more often (even though I'm happy she doesn't have to work the crappy night hours any more.) She's awesome - the food is fantastic when she's there.

I think this partially has to do with when you're hitting the place up for food. I go right when they're opening at four pm and I get a fantastic cook's revenge whenever I order it. Order later on in the night and you're bound to get something less...creative/tasty. I've never got a reheated Boca patty, but I get lots of veggie dogs cut up into things.

Author:  dandykins [ Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Twin Cities

Yeah, maybe that's it, except we order around 6pm or so; think two hours makes that big of a difference? Not like 11 at night or anything. We were there for brunch a few weeks ago (which I generally ADORE) and it was just a mess... took a REALLY long time to order, my food was completely cold and there was a huge wait time between folks who got their food first and last in a four-person party.

Anyway - I just found out that WF in St. Paul doesn't carry the low fat vegenaise anymore! I loved the stuff - thought it tasted just like the regular stuff - and would love to find a Twin Cities supply. Anyone else seen it around town?

Author:  sugarcookie [ Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Twin Cities

I get it at wf in Minneapolis, or at the Wedge.

I'm going to be the lone dissenting voice on Hard Times Cafe. I just don't think the food is any good, and definitely not good enough to warrant being treated like shiitake. Maybe I'm old and have lost all my punk rockness, but if I'm going to get eyes rolled at me because I didn't write my own order down on scratch paper with a golf pencil, that food had better be amazing. It never is.

Author:  swell [ Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:05 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Twin Cities

I work at Seward Coop and Ecopolitan, if anyone ever wants the inside scoop...whatever that might be :)

Like, the Macadamia Alfredo at Eco is really good if you're new to raw foods. And anytime there is pumpkin pie, GET IT. It's so good.

Author:  dandykins [ Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Twin Cities

sugarcookie wrote:
I get it at wf in Minneapolis, or at the Wedge.


Sw00t! Thanks sugarcookie. I'll give those places a shot.

Author:  wave runner [ Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Twin Cities

hey, it's nice outside!

Author:  Steph [ Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Twin Cities

wave runner wrote:
hey, it's nice outside!


Finally!!

Author:  just4peas [ Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Twin Cities

In St. Paul....

E Noodle Cafe on Rice off of Larpenteur. - Whole back page of the menu is Vegetarian.
You can get tofu scramble at Day By Day Cafe on West 7th. - not the best, but will work in a pinch.
Good Earth in Roseville by the mall, a few Vegetarian items and will sub tofu for your eggs if you ask.
Lot's of options at Mississippi Market on Selby and Dale at the deli.
Pizza Luce St Paul - soy cheese and rinotta options on their pizza.
Black bean veggie burger is an option at Bulldog Lowertown.
Cafe Latte in Grand Ave has several soups and salad options for Vegetarians.
Izzy's Ice Cream on Marshall Ave. - usually at least one Soy flavor being served.

Anyone know anything about Eden Pizza in the Mac/Groveland neighborhood? I've heard they have mock duck?!

on the other side of the river, a few of my favorites....

Tao Foods on Hennepin & 22nd.
Sen Yai Sen Lek on Central ave in NE. - CANNOT SAY ENOUGH ABOUT THIS PLACE!!!!

and something that I've only heard about, but look forward to trying...

Franklin Freeze on Franklin Ave. this summer - serving Temptation Soft Serve!

Author:  stephanie [ Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Twin Cities

Hey, I'm probably gonna be in town this weekend! Staying in White Bear Lake. Aside from eating infinity three cup tofu at Evergreen and infinity rinotta-topped 'za at Pizza Luce, is there anything I shouldn't miss?

<3!

Page 3 of 8 All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/