| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Roll-on bamboo fencing?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:32 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

So Brian and I found a new house (yay!), which is fenced, but it's all chain-link and not any bushes or anything to keep my neighbors from staring at me or my dogs from barking at something they can see three houses down. I immediately thought of this stuff:

http://www.calibamboo.com/bamboofencing.html

Because it's cheaper than a privacy fence and putting it over chain link is the easiest way to use it (roll it out, attach with zip-ties). I'm wondering how much it's going to cost for a whole yard worth of fences, though. Has anyone used it? I'm willing to put in a couple hundred dollars, but i'm worried that i'm severely underestimating how much i'll need.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Post subject: Re: Roll-on bamboo fencing?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:47 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

I bet this would look really nice! I have no experience with this type of fencing but..Are you planning on having the bamboo fencing be taller then the original fence that is there? If so check with your town first to see if there are height limits. We wanted to put up a privacy fence for our side yard (6 feet) but our town only allows 6 foot fences in back yards. So our side yard, which is our only yard really, has a 4 foot fence. We could have fought it but it was such a hassle to do. So before you buy check your town fencing laws.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:27 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Yeah, but it's all the back yard and i'm probably only going to do 5 foot for cost reasons (obviously the taller it is, the more the rolls cost). My main worry is actually if the fence is mine or not, there aren't alleys so even the back fence is attached to another yard. If it's not my fence, are my neighbors going to let me attach bamboo to their fence even if it's only attached with zip-ties? I mean, i'm going to make Brian do the asking but first i'm going to ask my realtor if she can find out if we own the fence. It's hard to tell since I think all three of the other houses are totally fenced, we could just be trapped in their fences.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:34 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Usually if you see the ugly side of the fence then it's your fence since the nice side has to face your neighbors but not everyone follows that rule when they put up a fence. Good luck!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:30 am 
Tofu Pup

Bamboo fence looks good but one need to take proper care and regular maintenance. Here is the following steps which should be followed :-
Sweep away foliage buildup from your fence regularly, especially where shade and water is abundant. Take measures to edge and trim the terrain around your fence. Clean and re-seal your fence every 2-3 years, or as needed depending on the regional climate conditions.