| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Vegan wedding caterer in Destin, FL
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:33 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hello

I'm having a wedding for 100 people in Destin, FL on November 10, 2012. We had found a caterer but they fell through and now am trying to find another. Does anyone have a recommended vegan caterer in this area?

Thanks!!

Post subject: Re: Vegan wedding caterer in Destin, FL
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:29 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Hi fronti. I'm nearby but don't know of any vegan caters. Maybe ask a few of the vegan friendly places around if they have suggestions? I don't know of anything specifically vegan in Destin, but in Seaside, I'd ask the Raw & Juicy airstream and see if they have any leads. Wish I could be of more help to you!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:21 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi Fronti,

I have a very good friend in Sandestin that might be able to help you out. Recently, I attended a film production "crew party" that was catered by Dana. The food was excellent. Dana served a vegan menu, coupled with a few vegetarian items. Also, Dana offered a juicer station that was very cool...guest pick out the individual items to be juiced, then hand it to the staff member to do the rest... awesome.
-tony

Feel free to email Dana direct.

dana_toups@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:39 pm 
Tofu Pup

thanks you guys :)

kelly~ I did contact the veg restaurants. 1 initially said she could cater but then later had to cancel. the other said she could but then never called me back to discuss menu. we have a backup but not crazy about the food, and i don't want to make people hate vegan food. so still trying to see what other options we have.

30-A ~thanks for the tip :) I'll email your friend

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:38 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

What other veg restaurant is there is Destin? I'll be in the area in a few weeks and am always excited to try new places!

Good luck, Fronti! I'd love to hear how it turns out for you.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:53 pm 
Tofu Pup

well, actually the veg places i was looking into were in pensacola. end of the line cafe and sluggo's.

for places right in destin, i like jasmine thai (yummy curry). i also love mellow mushroom...i know it's a chain but they make salads with tempeh if you want something healthy or they can make their sandwiches and pizzas with vegan cheese if you're going for comfort food. i love their tempeh. and their pretzels are delicious with marinara sauce. ask for them without butter. they bake them fresh.

i've read about several other cafes there with veg stuff but only go there for visits so haven't tried nearly as many as i'd like. let me know if you find anything else delicious there :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:35 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Oh okay! I've actually been to all of those places. End of the Line's cashew cheese is amazing! We have a Mellow Mushroom here in Panama City too, love that place.

When we go to Destin, we always stop in Seaside on the way at the Raw & Juicy foodcart/airstream. I'm not a big raw food person beyond salads and smoothies, but I loooovveee everything I've ever had from Raw & Juicy. Such a gorgeous little town too.