| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 55  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Vancouver Thread
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:46 pm 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

yay! gangs all here! oh except for anndisaster. i'm sure she'll be around soon enough.

and i woke up alive by the way. thanks for your concern. jerks.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:07 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

It's back! I tried to post this earier, but I think I broke the forum.

mel b wrote:
The first two speakers weren't awesome, but some of the food samples were! Anyone else find anything great?

The wee pumpkin cheesecake. The peanut butter one was awesome too. If you swing that way. Which I do.

There was some tasty lentil soup samples on the deck outside as well. The woman was selling her cookbook and a cookbook-loving friend bought it, but got it home and found shiitake like "Going on a lemon-juice fast for three days will remove all bacteria from your body" written inside and is now a little disillusioned :D

Overall, it was exactly what I expected it would be - small and very limited. I definitely love to support these kinds of events, and I understand that government funding has been drastically cut for environmental groups, making it difficult to even have this event, so I think they did the best with what they had. I hope it was a great success - it was quite busy when we were there - so that they can continue to put these events on and grow to be as awesome as they can be.

AND. I'm glad you're still alive, fishelle :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:58 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

heyyyyy chuck

I mean heyyy Vancouverites

Wednesday means stitch/bisque or eating or something night. where to go, though? I vote a restaurant, 'cos I haven't eaten out with you guys in too long. stitching optional.

does Radha have a new seasonal menu yet? also I haven't had Ethiopian in a damn long time. thoughts?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:34 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

In terms of places that are comfy - both for possible stitching and for good bisqueing - on a Wednesday, I'd say Nuba, Bandidas, Foundation (though I'm not a big fan of Foundation in general), Café Kathmandu, East Is East, Afghan Horsemen, Rhizome.

I love love love Red Sea for Ethiopian (and love love love Ethiopian), but it's not entirely comfy for a long hang out. Could always eat there and find a coffee shop afterward though?

My Doctor Who scarf is now about 2 ft long! *Only* 6-8 ft left.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:02 pm 

mishka wrote:
In terms of places that are comfy - both for possible stitching and for good bisqueing - on a Wednesday, I'd say Nuba, Bandidas, Foundation (though I'm not a big fan of Foundation in general), Café Kathmandu, East Is East, Afghan Horsemen, Rhizome.

I've never actually been to Foundation or heard of East is East

maybe
maybe
maybeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeegfdglkjdhfgsdfglkjhdfg

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:25 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Foundation sucks!

signed, life-long Foundation hater.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:11 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

vijita wrote:
Foundation sucks!

I mostly agree - bad service, mediocre food, fewer vegan options than there should be - though I find it passable in some situations. It's a good enough place to eat with omnis, is close to where I live, has decent beer options and you can linger for a good long while without getting asked to leave. Probably because they've forgotten all about you.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:26 pm 

vijita wrote:
Foundation sucks!

signed, life-long Foundation hater.

yeah, that's why I've never been.. but I feel like it's something I need to do at least once before I die

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:43 pm 

ah haha. i love it when people hate on the foundation because it's all my friends that work there. well not so much anymore, most of them have moved on to better (and better paying) gigs. and i definitely have a love/hate with the place too. even i get crappy service there. but at least i get back rubs with my crappy service.

i'm going to the anza club for karaoke this wednesday night. it's usually pretty chill the last wednesday of the month because it's not psych night and the downstairs is a cozy place to knit and drink a pint. so come see me if you have nowhere else to go. i think you have to be a club member to sing a song though, in case making an arse of yourself in front of strangers interests any of you. it's only $10. not sure if that's for a year or for life..... and no i will not be singing. no. way.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:02 pm 

HIHI

I made it onto the forum, whenever I have checked it it is either broken, or lets me think its working until I try and post something and then it breaks.

I am up for going anywhere, maybe not foundation since no one likes it but Josh I am a fan and we can go sometime.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:09 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

HI ANN!

I mean Erin!

I just browsed a bunch of the bathroom threads because leaving work means going out in the rain and getting wet. I want to post stuff and about sex I'm having or not having or have not had or want to have and be part of the fun. Alas, I've come back to the safety of The Vancouver Thread.

Sigh.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:43 pm 

mishka wrote:

I just browsed a bunch of the bathroom threads because leaving work means going out in the rain and getting wet. I want to post stuff and about sex I'm having or not having or have not had or want to have and be part of the fun. Alas, I've come back to the safety of The Vancouver Thread.

Sigh.

ha ha i know i pretty much stay in here too. it's warm and cozy and inviting. the only reason i felt safe enough to post in the sexy thread is because pr started it. and now there are people in there whining about not getting any for less than a month and i just can't relate. come on people! they make it sound like it's difficult to NOT get any!

and i am on here still because i don't want to go out in the rain either. :( how do we live like this for 10 months out of the year?!?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:08 pm 

fishelle wrote:
ah haha. i love it when people hate on the foundation because it's all my friends that work there. well not so much anymore, most of them have moved on to better (and better paying) gigs. and i definitely have a love/hate with the place too. even i get crappy service there. but at least i get back rubs with my crappy service.

i'm going to the anza club for karaoke this wednesday night. it's usually pretty chill the last wednesday of the month because it's not psych night and the downstairs is a cozy place to knit and drink a pint. so come see me if you have nowhere else to go. i think you have to be a club member to sing a song though, in case making an arse of yourself in front of strangers interests any of you. it's only $10. not sure if that's for a year or for life..... and no i will not be singing. no. way.

I want to go!!! I miss you and that sounds fun!

One of the reasons Foundation peas me off is because my omni friends all loved it because it's open later, across the street from Pulp Fiction where we had readings/got drunk on cans of Big Rock, but mostly because everyone LOVE those forking nachos and always orders them while I sit there with some shitty spinach salad. It just feels wrong to be the only vegan in a group in a vegetarian restaurant and be the only one not enjoying your food.

That said, I mainly just hate on them for kicks. Organic Lives is FAR worse. :P

btw guys, there's a radha review in the March 2011 issue of VegNews written by yours truly. Represent! It's all because they were so rad about the Haiti bake sale.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:28 am 
Not NOT A Furry

fishelle wrote:

I'd be up for this place on Wednesday. As long as josh promises to complain about the missing 'c' at the end of anza only once.

I'd also be up for Thunderfries *cough* (I uncharacteristically omitted the Wallflower from my previous restaurant listing)

and.

vijita wrote:
btw guys, there's a radha review in the March 2011 issue of VegNews written by yours truly. Represent! It's all because they were so rad about the Haiti bake sale.

Awesome! But March... so far away...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:30 am 

mishka wrote:
fishelle wrote:

I'd be up for this place on Wednesday. As long as josh promises to complain about the missing 'c' at the end of anza only once.

I'd also be up for Thunderfries *cough* (I uncharacteristically omitted the Wallflower from my previous restaurant listing)

see you next croissant.

someone mentioned East is East coincidentally today, and said it was good. so I'm up for that. or whatever, really. Anza represent too, yo.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:27 pm 

Anyone need a p/t job? http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/bnc/r ... 32166.html

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:43 pm 

vijita wrote:

Sejuiced was hiring too, if Kits is more up anyone's alley

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:20 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

vijita wrote:

I saw their last ad when they specified the times more. I thought about this (long and hard) but it would mean giving up what I do now (home day care) and letting people down when I don't do that very well. I only hope they have vacancies next September when I will be looking for one during the day and all the day care kids will be in school 9 to 3. They are quite near me so it would be cool.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:31 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I seriously thought about the Karmavore 2-day/wk part-time job posting as well. And if the hourly wage was higher - I know there's no way it could be - I'd actually apply.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:25 am 

So Anza, Wallflower or East is East?

I rarely go to wallflower but really want to try the thunderfries, buuut I am also up for going somewhere new!

so basically, I am bad at making decisions and you guys can decide, hah!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:55 am 
Not NOT A Furry

I hate making decisions, but If I were to be the decision maker, I'd choose Wallflower. I mean, it's been almost TWO WEEKS since I've eaten there. And I really want to try the poutine. It's a good place to sit and hang out for a while... buuuut... I'm up to any other place as well.

The only thing with East is East is the seating might not be conducive to sitting for very long - it's bench seating with low tables, iirc.

Another possibility to satisfy the Ethiopian food request: Nyala at Main and King Ed, which has cozy enough seating with mediocre African food.

My choices, though, are the Anza Club or Wallflower.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:08 pm 

mishka wrote:
My choices, though, are the Anza Club or Wallflower.

Wallflower gets my vote

and East is East some other time when I'm in that 'hood, just 'cos I've never been there

I'm got a meeting that might run 'til 6 or beyond, so I might be a bit late. 6-6:30 though as a general target?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:41 am 
Kale Wreath

Hey guys, do any of you (the ones who came to my breakfast cafe this summer) have pictures of me in the kitchen, or just me at the breakfast cafe? I'm looking for pictures of me cooking (it's for something specific) and I can't find any on my computer :( If you have any, could you please email them to me as soon as you can? Thanks in advance!

Oh, actually, vegan bake sale pics would work too :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:35 pm 

i have a bad quality cell phone pic of you sitting at my kitchen table, eating a vegan cream egg and reading veganomicon.... i know there is a picture of you at the bake sale somewhere. on someone's blog. maybe your own? ha ha yes there is. i just looked. xo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:35 am 
Kale Wreath

fishelle wrote:
i have a bad quality cell phone pic of you sitting at my kitchen table, eating a vegan cream egg and reading veganomicon.... i know there is a picture of you at the bake sale somewhere. on someone's blog. maybe your own? ha ha yes there is. i just looked. xo

Yeah, but I got it from Vijita, and it's too small. Vijita, could you send me a bigger version of that photo? Please?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 55  Next