| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Denver?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:29 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Does anyone want to do dinner on Friday (I'm thinking City O' City) or want to carpool to the vegfest on Saturday?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:00 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

I don't think we (meaning Shawn and I) are going to Vegfest, but we'd definitely be down for City O' on Friday night.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:50 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Excellent. Do you want to PM me your number and I can text you when we're close? I'll probably stop and walk the dogs before we head over, so there'll be plenty of lag time.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:19 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

luckyklutz wrote:
I'll probably stop and walk the dogs

<3

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:11 pm 
Countess Vagina

I'm in for dinner on Friday night.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:27 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

abbierae wrote:
luckyklutz wrote:

<3

You seriously have to spell out how long I should be walking the dogs for because during one dogsitting exeperience, I realized I was walking the dog for three hours a day. I just wanted to make sure he got enough exercise!

Lacy wrote:
I'm in for dinner on Friday night.

Yes!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:21 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

luckyklutz wrote:
abbierae wrote:
luckyklutz wrote:

<3

You seriously have to spell out how long I should be walking the dogs for because during one dogsitting exeperience, I realized I was walking the dog for three hours a day. I just wanted to make sure he got enough exercise!

I left you a two page guide to our house, no worries! Although most of it is how to use the technological things.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:22 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Also, PSA: Hi Rise has the most amazing tofu banh mi for a very limited time and everyone should go get one this week.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:00 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

I would just like to report that I somehow woke up hungry this morning, despite the intense amounts of food ingested this morning. We are thinking Watercourse for dinner, followed by beer at Great Divide after, so if anyone would like to join us, they are welcome to do so!

Also, I would like to try that bahn mi. I love bahn mi.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:13 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Hey guys, what internet provider do you use? There are too many options!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:48 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Comcast, but that's our only option in our neighborhood. In a few of my old apartments, we split the cost of wireless with our neighbors and that was always awesome. We have Qwest at work and it is sloooooooow, though that might be because there are so many of us.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:20 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

We use Qwest and have never had a problem with speed. But since we've lived here we've never used any other internet provider, so I don't have any comparisons to make.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:22 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Qwest here too. Better than Comcast, at least here in Lakewood.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:14 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

elouise wrote:
We use Qwest and have never had a problem with speed. But since we've lived here we've never used any other internet provider, so I don't have any comparisons to make.

Same here. They did get bought out though by someone else so I don't know how that's going to change things. They were taking the Qwest signs down from the building today!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:20 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Thanks! I went with Qwest....for now.

I will moving out there on August 13th!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:36 pm 

BTW - Manna food truck says they have a vegan bahn mi!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:26 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

I'm so excited to live in the city of bahn mi!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:54 am 
Bathes in Braggs

I heard last night that the Steamin' Demon took the tofu off their bahn mi and put the whole thing on a slider bun. Curses.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:43 am 

?! Whaaaa

There's a pretty yummy one at the Belmar Whole Foods sandwich counter. Spicy as all get-out, but good anyway. Bummed that it replaced the Paradise/tempeh reuben though.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:34 am 
Shopped till she dropped

I love when a tasty vegan friendly place still serves food after 11. We got into town around 11, and by the time we got out of the airport and checked in to our hotel (hostel, really), it was already 12.30. Thankfully, City O' City was two blocks away, open and still serving food. First real meal all day. Omnomnomnom!

We're here for 4 days. Anything I absolutely have to try?

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:42 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

The wings at City O' City. You can also get Mighty O Donuts at the Capitol Hill Whole Foods. I would also hit up Sputnik for a meal (the bahn mi is great) and then get Sweet Action for dessert. There's a vegan shoe store next to (or really close to) Sweet Action and lots of cute little shops on that street, as well as a cool movie theatre. I would also hit up Tattered Cover and Twist and Shout!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:31 pm 
Shopped till she dropped

Denver, I kind of love you. Will you adopt me?

We went to City O' City twice in the first 24 hours we were here. We had the same waitress both times and felt no shame about the situation, nor the fact that we ordered buffalo wings both times. Everything we had was awesome. Fred got cheese on his stuff, but loved the Gaza Grinder and his half of the Florentine pizza. The first night, I had the wings and the La Osa salad. I love unexpected flavor combonations, so the salad got high marks in my book (apricots, chickpeas, corn strips, avocado and a tasty lime vinegrette), and the second night, my half of the Florentine was sans cheese. I've become Daiya avoidant. The crust was delicious, but I would have been happy with a few more veggies on my half.

The wings...well, we got them twice in a row, so, yeah, awesome. They remind me a lot of the buffalo seitan at Earwax in Chicago before the old owners sold out and some new guy came in and took off every single one of my favorite dishes. Grrrr. I'm still bitter months later. They were crispy on the edges and a little chewier than the Earwax wings. The sauce was a little different too, but similar enough. Maybe a little spicier? Beer selection was top notch as well. We got a mint cupcake to go the second night. I love a good cupcake, and this was pretty great. The frosting was light and fluffy (the heat helped, I'm sure), and the top of the cake was nice and crusty. Yums!

The next night, we went to Watercourse. We'd had a snack earlier, so we weren't super hungry, but really wanted to check it out. Fred just got their salad special for the night. Something with peaches, mixed greens, and fig jam...I think. I got the sweet potato black bean tacos. I thought it'd be a good choice for a light meal, but it was much more filling than I was in for. It was so good, I had to eat it all, though. Glutton. The seasoning on the tacos was perfect. I can't wait to try to recreate it at home (and ultimately fail miserably).

We just got back from our trip to Sputnik and Sweet Action. Definitely feel satisfied by both. I got the Vietnamese sammich, and it was pretty spectacular. The menu online said they had tofu, but Sputnik must've changed it recently. This looked and tasted more like seitan or something definitely not tofu. Still tasty, nonetheless. I just found out that a banh mi/pho shop opened up a few blocks from my apartment in Chicago, and I'll definitely be heading there for more when I get back. So good.

Sweet Action had hazelnut and coconut lemongrass as vegan options. I got a double scoop with both. The lemongrass was nice and subtle and a little lighter tasting than the hazelnut, which I actually liked better. We ate as we walked back to the hostel, and the whole way, Fred and I tried to figure out how SA got these so creamy. I'm totally buying an ice cream maker as soon as I can afford it. I gotta start experimenting.

It's been a pretty awesome trip. I'm a little sad to leave tomorrow, but I definitely want to come back soon. Maybe forever.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:33 am 
stop: can't. won't. don't.

i still haven't quite gotten over the veg sausage they make at city o'. i had it on pizza with abbie & co. and i loved it so much it sparked a little email friendship between myself and the manager. seriously, it's the best.

i am pretty bummed out about this steamin' demon bahn mi news, however. why the?!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:11 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Sweet Action uses magic in their vegan ice cream, I think. My absolute favorites so far are salted butterscotch (maybe the best ice cream I've EVER had) and strawberry. I hadn't had strawberry ice cream for some time before becoming vegan, nor had I eaten any since. Their strawberry ice cream made my week.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:33 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

kara kara wrote:
Denver, I kind of love you. Will you adopt me?

It's been a pretty awesome trip. I'm a little sad to leave tomorrow, but I definitely want to come back soon. Maybe forever.

Wow, you really got the best of what we have out here! So glad you could try all the yumminess that is in Denver. But don't fret about the Daiya at City o'City--next time you come here be sure to ask them to put their homemade cashew cheese on the pizza instead of Daiya or no cheese. It is so good!!! And if you go back to Watercourse they have a vegan cheese platter that is also delicious.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next