| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Phoenix Area
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:17 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Figured we could use a Phoenix thread in the new Wild Wild West forum. What's good? What's bad? What's new? Glad you survived the summer? I know I am.

Has anyone else stopped by Chef Abel's new restaurant, Tsom? I love the international salad bar! Have not tried any of the wraps or falafels because there's just so much good stuff at the bar. Best chipotle hummus ever, too.

Did anyone stop by Chill at their new location? It's much larger and the staff is super-friendly and inviting as per usual.

Post subject: Re: Phoenix Area
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:59 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Green has a new location! And a new sweet shoppe next door to that which is open seven days a week! Which means Tsoynamis on Sundays! (very excited, sorry)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:47 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Wow, I didn't realize the new green was already open! I saw the post about the new sweet shop on their twitter, though.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:48 am 
Hearts James Cromwell

I must be out of the loop because I was just at Green this week and didn't know they had a new location... geez

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:05 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

I quite like Udupi Cafe in Tempe. It has South Indian cuisine, and has a lot of vegan items on it's lunch buffet.

Tsom sounds good, I need to check that out. Haven't been to Green - I don't get out much.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:02 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

kallista93 wrote:
I quite like Udupi Cafe in Tempe. It has South Indian cuisine, and has a lot of vegan items on it's lunch buffet.

Tsom sounds good, I need to check that out. Haven't been to Green - I don't get out much.

Green is right up the road from Udupi! And yeah, Udupi is very good. I love their gobi manchurian. The best in the valley, IMO.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:40 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

I posted in another place, but for those of you missing Udupi, check out Woodlands at Rural and Ray. Let us not forget our vegan friendly friends at Pomegranate (by TJ's on Chandler Blvd and 48th st) and 24 Carrots (Kyrene and Chandler Blvd).

Cornish Pasty (two locations University and Hardy, Dobson and Guadalupe) usually offers a couple of vegan pastys, although they were out the night I was there. ::pouts::

I have found a couple of higher end restaurants that will create vegan dishes upon request ( I always try to call ahead): Posh in Scottsdale, Cork in South Chandler and Lon's at the Hermosa Inn in Paradise Valley. Prepare to empty your wallet...

Kim Cooks Veg 4U Blog (new blog)