| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: public transport Denver
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:23 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

our trip to Boulder is coming up soon and we are spending the last night of our trip in Denver so we can be closer to the airport. i just found out one of my favorite bands is playing a show at the Oriental Theatre the night we are in Denver.

we will have a car but i am super uncomfortable driving in strange cities especially if i need to find parking. i am assuming there is no magical parking lot that would be easy to park in late on a Saturday night near the Oriental theatre so im thinking it would be best for me to take public transport.

our hotel is on Welton St and im looking at what i think is the light rail website but i live in the suburbs and frankly looking at the light rail website is like trying to read a foreign language.

can anyone guide me?
how late are they open?
is it generally safe for a woman to do this alone late at night? my husband would stay at the hotel with our 3 year old.

i could uber or take a cab there but im thinking public transport would be way cheaper and this will be at the end of our vacation so im trying not to add on more expensive stuff.

Post subject: Re: public transport Denver
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:00 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

LisaPunk wrote:
our trip to Boulder is coming up soon and we are spending the last night of our trip in Denver so we can be closer to the airport. i just found out one of my favorite bands is playing a show at the Oriental Theatre the night we are in Denver.

we will have a car but i am super uncomfortable driving in strange cities especially if i need to find parking. i am assuming there is no magical parking lot that would be easy to park in late on a Saturday night near the Oriental theatre so im thinking it would be best for me to take public transport.

our hotel is on Welton St and im looking at what i think is the light rail website but i live in the suburbs and frankly looking at the light rail website is like trying to read a foreign language.

can anyone guide me?
how late are they open?
is it generally safe for a woman to do this alone late at night? my husband would stay at the hotel with our 3 year old.

i could uber or take a cab there but im thinking public transport would be way cheaper and this will be at the end of our vacation so im trying not to add on more expensive stuff.

The light rail map to me was like hieroglyphics. I never tried to figure it out, quite frankly. Maybe others can chime in. I think your best bet is Uber, as it's all over Denver. I never had any issues trying to get an Uber when I lived there, and I went to a lot of concerts. Have fun and enjoy the sun for me!