| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: dudes I think I miss Vancouver
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:34 am 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

I was just watching a TV show that was filmed in Vancouver and (like they always do) they had a shot from Kits over the West End with the mountains and whatever, and I got those mad "owwww fork" typed pains and stuff

and I googled because I was telling a friend about it and wanted to show here where I lived and found this image: http://cupc2012.phas.ubc.ca/common/asse ... aerial.jpg (it's large, so I won't embed it here)

and and anddddd, I don't know. it's been a strange week re: "home" (and what that means/looks like to me), and I think it's all conspiring against me

so, you know. good job*

(*in the summer at least)

Post subject: Re: dudes I think I miss Vancouver
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:52 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I went to Vancouver on Saturday to visit a client-ish who lives in my W Broadway/Point Grey old hood and I almost got hit by a b-line, bought two dozen bagels from Solly's, ate at the new (to me) Nuba in that area and was sad because there's no way I can afford to live there again anytime soon. I miss it too!

But then I missed the ferry home. The Tsawwassen terminal can go to hell.

Oh we had breakfast at the Naam and it was AWFUL. I don't know why I keep going back!

But anyway, Vancouver is one special city.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:54 am 

Oh I really miss the Kits farmer's market and writing at the Agro cafe on Granville island. And our PPK Eating Club. And bake sales. And literary events.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:54 am 

And muffins and dosas!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:29 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Maybe it is because I don't live there now, although residing in the sunshine coast is in my five year plan, lol, but I would think there would a little bit of something wrong with someone who onced lived im Vancouver, and moved, and didn't miss that place! Its just so awesome! P.s. Before getting offended keep in mind my opinion about this may also be colored by both of my parents being Saskatchewan transplants, once b.c. Residents, who liked it enough to birth their kid there (me!) but now who it happens to be like pulling teeth from to get them to say a word about missing b.c. I mean, the ocean!! I do, though from time to time try to coax the admission of regret about leaving from there, since I know it exists. I can't give ip-like I said, to have lived in Vancouver (island, in their case) once and then lost it-something has got to be a little wrong there to not miss that natural beauty bounty

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:45 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Vijita, I feel for you! Love the point grey area! And west Broadway. I was almost hit by a car there too, lol, but now that my husband and I are divorcing and his aunty will no longer be my family, I wish I had not taken her million dollar point grey home for granted the times i stayed there. More pictures when you were there, self, more pictures!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:45 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Oh man, do I miss Vancouver! I was actually in Richmond, but it's soooo easy (especially now with the Skytrain!) to get into the city whenever you want. Love that place so much, but it's way too expensive to live there again anytime soon. I live on the Island, so I'm not too far away, but between kids/work/etc, I hardly ever have time to visit.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:23 pm 
Huffs Nooch

I've never lived there but have visited a few times & always look forward to going back! Now if only it wasn't so expensive & immigration stuff was easier...