| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: new chicago diner (logan square)
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:20 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

we have to drive down to chicago from milwaukee tomorrow, to pick up my mom & uncle from o'hare, and we're going to wrap a trip to the diner into the day. woo! i think we're going to try the new one, because we've never been there, and also it's closer to the freeway which might be easier for our travel plans...

i have a couple of quick questions if anyone is around and sees this in time:

1. is the logan square location as big/bigger than the halsted location? like are we accidentally going to a teensy tiny diner where we'll have to wait 59 hours longer than usual? ;)

2. does anyone have a guesstimate for how long it would take to drive from logan square to o'hare? our iPhones said about 40 minutes earlier tonight, but i'm not sure if traffic is better/worse/same/who knows on saturday afternoons.

thanks!

Post subject: Re: new chicago diner (logan square)
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:31 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

i usually go there for brunch on sundays rather than for dinner, for some reason. i've never had to wait too long for a table (although i usually sit at the counter...) and there's definitely more seating than the halsted location.

traffic on a saturday should be better than on a weekday but since it's also memorial day weekend, i don't know how that will affect things. traffic will definitely be better between the logan square chicago diner and the freeway though, than driving down belmont on a saturday!

Post subject: Re: new chicago diner (logan square)
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:23 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

thank you!

we ended up with no wait whatsoever(!!!) which was amazing, and we were able to have a super-leisurely lunch. we got there around 1pm, had a bit of a tough time finding parking, and then lucked out when a spot opened up directly across the street.

the new location is so cute! the food was delish as always, and we even bought some of the new pint glasses so we can have a little diner at home. ;)

traffic was slow for a bit in between the diner and o'hare, but all in all it wasn't awful and we got there in plenty of time (with super-full bellies). hooray!