| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Thanksgiving
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:17 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

Hey Chicagoans! I am planning a visit for the last weekend in November/first weekend of December. Of course this happens to coincide with Thanksgiving! But I don't have any specific plans for Thanksgiving. It's my veganniversary, so I like to celebrate with other vegans. So I am wondering if anyone has any vegan Thanksgiving plans that I could join in on! I am happy to help cook and/or clean...or just help eat. :D

Either way, I'll probably be there all weekend plus a few days afterward, so maybe we can have a meetup if people are around.

Post subject: Re: Thanksgiving
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:03 pm 
Inflexitarian

Aw, my friend used to host the BEST anyone-and-everyone-is-welcome vegan friends giving, which frequently had like 40 people and 5 varieties of pies. Alas, she just moved away from chicago. I'll probably feel obligated to go to my partner's not very vegan family thanksgiving on thanksgiving day and will probably be working on Friday during the day, but would totally be up for a meet up or veganniversary celebration otherwise.

Also if you are looking for a place to stay I will have a guest room set up by that point.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:07 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

Thanks! I do have a place to stay, at least from Friday on, so if I don't have plans for actual-Thanksgiving-day, I'll probably just end up flying out on Friday. I'll definitely keep you posted as plans unfold :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:18 pm 
Inflexitarian

Aw, my friend used to host the BEST anyone-and-everyone-is-welcome vegan friends giving, which frequently had like 40 people and 5 varieties of pies. Alas, she just moved away from chicago. I'll probably feel obligated to go to my partner's not very vegan family thanksgiving on thanksgiving day and will probably be working on Friday during the day, but would totally be up for a meet up or veganniversary celebration otherwise.

Also if you are looking for a place to stay I will have a guest room set up by that point.