| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Where have all the vegan boots gone??
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:02 am 
Wears Pleather Undies

Is anyone else having a hard time finding vegan boots in the city this year?
I got a pair at Globo, (Dufferin Mall), and they started falling apart within a month.
Today I spent hours trekking around to Spring, Skechers, The Shoe Company, Aldo, Winners, the Eaton Centre and all those odd lil stores on Yonge Street which seem to mainly sell Converse and Doc Martens.
I'm not really interested in the boots that make you look like you're going on an expedition like Sorell, I just want a simple, black fake leather boot.
Anyone out there have a secret favourite store that sells these in town?
I wore my rubber boots for today's outing and now my feet are sad...
Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Where have all the vegan boots gone??
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:02 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

I would also be interested in the answer to this! I don't want something heavy duty that's good to -40, but I would like a pair of black fake leather boots that will keep me warm to -10 or so and not be slippery as hell on ice. And if they didn't fall apart after one winter that would be good too!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:34 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I happened to go into one of the "Spring" shoe stores and noticed that many of their shoes and boots are synthetic. http://www.callitspring.com/ca-eng
I agree though, it's so hard to find vegan boots and shoes especially for winter. I'm have an old pair of mules that are looking pretty used and would like to get new ones, but can't find anything anywhere, even on the internets. Whenever I find a vegan version, it's just too ugly.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:06 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

von m wrote:
I happened to go into one of the "Spring" shoe stores and noticed that many of their shoes and boots are synthetic. http://www.callitspring.com/ca-eng
I agree though, it's so hard to find vegan boots and shoes especially for winter. I'm have an old pair of mules that are looking pretty used and would like to get new ones, but can't find anything anywhere, even on the internets. Whenever I find a vegan version, it's just too ugly.

Just a heads up - they have really pretty synthetic boots there, but they don't last long at all! I bought a pair and they were toast by the end of the season. I really needed a new pair the next year, and same thing. They fall apart so easily. : (