| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Vegetarian Food Festival
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:53 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

You guys! I ate way too much food! It was great to see you again PPP and seitanicverses I'm sorry that I missed you!

I'm going back today to volunteer as the bookstore captain (and to eat more treats!).

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:41 pm 
Inflexitarian

seitanicverses wrote:
Tea wrote:
Ack. I caught some sort of horrible disease (a bad cold) so I'm going to be stuck at home this weekend. Eat a cupcake for me!

I ate an Icelandic donut for you instead from chimrichald's bakery and ate that in your stead. I didn't think you'd mind! Hope you're feeling better and we should all get together soon and catch up. <3 <3 <3

I agree!!!

I got better enough later on Sunday to go briefly! Went to the donut contest, then wandered a bit. Wandered by the bookstore in case lobsterrific would be there but alas. Got one of the pot-pies from Apiecalypse Now and had it for dinner :)

Meant to say something here but overslept in a huge way and was going to be late for donuts.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:49 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

It was so awesome seeing lobsteriffic+hubs and seitanicverses! You guys are great.

We had such a nice time on Saturday, as usual! Walked around and saw all the vendors, then did another round for more goodies. And Terry's demo was illuminating, also as usual. I reaaaally wish I had more of that salad infront of me right now.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:30 pm 
Saggy Butt

thanks for coming by, seitanicverses! i wish i had been there to say hi :)

holy construction hell! i'm glad you guys all managed to get down there and have a good time!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:15 pm 

I tried to visit you, chimrichalds! You weren't there but I bought lots of goodies anyway. Holy noms. <3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:25 pm 
Saggy Butt

you did? i'm sad i missed you!! i hope whoever was there was very nice and gave you the best looking things ;)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:47 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

Papriks didn't mention this here but she saw George Strombopoulos (sp?) at the festival. He walked past us as we were coming out of the Lakeside Terrace building and into the outdoor area. Famous vegan sighting!!! He was on Top Chef Canada last season where they made vegan food for him!!! He's gonna start hosting Hockey Night in Canada soon!!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:04 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

seitanicverses wrote:
Papriks didn't mention this here but she saw George Strombopoulos (sp?) at the festival. He walked past us as we were coming out of the Lakeside Terrace building and into the outdoor area. Famous vegan sighting!!! He was on Top Chef Canada last season where they made vegan food for him!!! He's gonna start hosting Hockey Night in Canada soon!!!

WHAT!! I am so glad I am stalking this thread!

Strombo's vegan?! Hosting HNIC?! HOW DO I NOT KNOW! I don't even feel like a proper Canadian right now.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:48 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

^Yes, and for a while now (at least a year or so by now) and he's doing the HNIC ads where he's proving his mettle with rattling off stats for bets with other sports personalities. I like the commercials, I think they're pretty cute! Also, I didn't realize they're still keeping Ron and Don and George is going to be added to them. I thought he was anchoring alone and kind of felt bad for him because whether or not you like Don Cherry, I don't think there's anyone in the world who knows more about hockey than he does so those would be hard shoes for George to fill alone. So I think the ad campaign fits in with that, like we want someone with Don's knowledge talking about hockey in the future of HNIC. And I'm glad George isn't going it alone--but I think the idea eventually is maybe to phase Ron and Don out, not sure.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:56 pm 

OMG I totally forgot to mention that! We were in the pavillion and he totally walked right past us. He even eyed my Descendents t-shirt! STROMBO!