| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: [Seattle] Dining Guide
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:03 pm 
Tofu Pup

Eudemonia, you'll be very close to the South Lake Union Whole Foods on Denny & Westlake. Since you don't mind a good walk up Capitol Hill, I believe Plum Bistro labels their soy-free options on the menu. If you don't mind taking a bus (the stop's adjacent to Whole Foods on Denny) take the 8 to Madison & 27th and walk a couple of blocks down Madison to Cafe Flora, which labels its soy-free options. I wish I had more suggestions! My BF was eating soy-free last year and it was easy at home, but tough when we wanted to go out.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:04 pm 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

Thanks, I think I'll just make a stop at whole foods to stock up on a few emergency rations when I get there (now that I know how to find a grocery store haha). It's easier to be soy-free here in Canada because hardly anyone tends to fry in soybean oil - it's all canola. It seems that south of the border you guys use a lot of soybean oil so I can't even go to the pub and eat fries for dinner. I've managed a few trips before but generally end up being hangry for most of my visit. I was also hoping to find a nicer restaurant that I could eat at as my boyfriend wants to take his friend out for dinner. Might just have to tell him to do that on a night I'm not there.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:15 am 
Tofu Pup

Nice post!

Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5