Post Punk Kitchen Forum
http://forum.theppk.com/

Seattle!
http://forum.theppk.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=120
Page 5 of 31

Author:  missdelaney [ Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Seattle!

FootFace wrote:
I realize you won't believe me (or care) but GG and I are at Wayward right now and TAD is here.


I attempted to post this the other day, but obviously it didn't work (my internet is not working. still). I saw you and GG (and TAD) at Wayward! You were leaving as my boyfriend and I were ordering (girl in grey beanie and black-framed glasses). That was me! I didn't want to be super awkward and creepy and say hi, but I did smile...

(And, obviously, I back the TAD sighting)

Author:  monkeytoes [ Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Seattle!

missdelaney wrote:
FootFace wrote:
I realize you won't believe me (or care) but GG and I are at Wayward right now and TAD is here.


I attempted to post this the other day, but obviously it didn't work (my internet is not working. still). I saw you and GG (and TAD) at Wayward! You were leaving as my boyfriend and I were ordering (girl in grey beanie and black-framed glasses). That was me! I didn't want to be super awkward and creepy and say hi, but I did smile...

(And, obviously, I back the TAD sighting)


TAD status protocol requires that you post a picture.

Author:  monkeytoes [ Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Seattle!

molasses jane wrote:
SweetT wrote:
molasses jane wrote:
Hey Seattle,

If I only have three days in Seattle, and have limited time since I'll be there for work, what are the must-eats that your fair city offers that I just can't miss?

Merci,
MJ


have you checked our dining guide?
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=610


I have not and now I will. Many thanks!
MJ


Let us know if you have any questions or want recommendations. The dining guide on the old boards had a little info about each place, but we haven't quite gotten back there yet.

Author:  molasses jane [ Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Seattle!

Thanks Monkeytoes! I would love some more specific recommendations. This guide is so awesomely extensive it's hard to know where to start. I live in Portland, so anywhere particular to Seattle/can't be beat is what I am most looking for. And at least one dinner place downtown, where my conference is. Really I'd just love to know the top five, best of the best in your personal opinions.

Author:  monkeytoes [ Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Seattle!

molasses jane wrote:
Thanks Monkeytoes! I would love some more specific recommendations. This guide is so awesomely extensive it's hard to know where to start. I live in Portland, so anywhere particular to Seattle/can't be beat is what I am most looking for. And at least one dinner place downtown, where my conference is. Really I'd just love to know the top five, best of the best in your personal opinions.


Downtown is a little uninspired, dinner-wise. There are a few omni restaurants with good vegan-friendly options, though, like Wild Ginger and Mexico. There's plenty to grab for a quick lunch, though.

You have easy access to Capitol Hill from downtown and there's lots to choose from there.

My top five? Araya would be on it for sure. And Georgetown Liquor for the much talked about Picard. I'm not sure what would round out the list (I'm still full from dinner... makes it harder to think about food!)

Author:  FootFace [ Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Seattle!

missdelaney wrote:
FootFace wrote:
I realize you won't believe me (or care) but GG and I are at Wayward right now and TAD is here.


I attempted to post this the other day, but obviously it didn't work (my internet is not working. still). I saw you and GG (and TAD) at Wayward! You were leaving as my boyfriend and I were ordering (girl in grey beanie and black-framed glasses). That was me! I didn't want to be super awkward and creepy and say hi, but I did smile...


You should have! (Said hi, that is.)

Author:  SweetT [ Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Seattle!

when is nummers coming to town?? i know it was mentioned prior to the new boards.

Author:  FootFace [ Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Seattle!

That does sound familiar! I forget. December?

If only there were a way we could ask her!

*thinking*

*drumming fingers on the table*

*thinking some more*

Nope. I got nothing.

Author:  katiejayne [ Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Seattle!

molasses jane wrote:
Thanks Monkeytoes! I would love some more specific recommendations. This guide is so awesomely extensive it's hard to know where to start. I live in Portland, so anywhere particular to Seattle/can't be beat is what I am most looking for. And at least one dinner place downtown, where my conference is. Really I'd just love to know the top five, best of the best in your personal opinions.


monkeytoes is wise. Go to Georgetown Liquor Company and eat a Picard. It is the best sandwich I've ever put in my mouth. Ever. I agree with monkeytoes about Araya too, especially for the lunch buffet. I have no ideas for downtown. I've been meaning to try Wayward but I haven't made it there yet. I'm hoping for a Tad sighting when i finally go though. Oh, Chaco Canyon is also tasty, but I haven't been there in a couple years.

Author:  FootFace [ Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Seattle!

Wayward (in the U-District V-District) is a great breakfast and lunch place.

Chaco Canyon (only a few blocks south of Wayward) is really good.

Teapot, on Capitol Hill, is also really good, fancier than Wayward or Chaco.

Author:  FootFace [ Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:05 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Seattle!

Oh! And Bamboo Garden—not too far from downtown—has a huge menu of fake meat Chinese-style food. (The whole place is vegan.)

Author:  monkeytoes [ Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Seattle!

FootFace wrote:
Oh! And Bamboo Garden—not too far from downtown—has a huge menu of fake meat Chinese-style food. (The whole place is vegan.)


That's what I was too un-hungry to think of! And now I'm going to be craving Bamboo Garden all day.

Author:  katiejayne [ Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Seattle!

I'm putting this here because there's no Bellingham thread (since I'd be the only one in it). It snowed last night!! This is my bicycle. I had to walk home from my friends' house.

Image

Author:  Pinko [ Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Seattle!

katiejayne wrote:
I'm putting this here because there's no Bellingham thread (since I'd be the only one in it). It snowed last night!! This is my bicycle. I had to walk home from my friends' house.

Image


Jealous! It's supposed to snow here later. I will be sad if it doesn't.

Author:  monkeytoes [ Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Seattle!

I thought about you when I saw the news this morning, Katie! Man, I am NOT ready for winter weather, so it better not have any ideas about snowing here any time soon!

Author:  SweetT [ Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Seattle!

I'm all for winter weather if it means the office closes down and I get 2weeks worth of vacation time.

Author:  SweetT [ Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Seattle!

I just went on the Theo chocolate tour this morning and it was amazing!! I don't like the taste of chocolate (i know i know) but learning about the history of chocolate and the company AND being able to watch the process was fantastic!! Theo also makes vegan chocolate confections. I sampled a couple and they were all yumtastic.

They have the following vegan confections in their store right now:
Blueberry almond
Ginger green tea
Pure cocoa bliss
Sunflower banana butter
Walnut flaxseed crumb

http://www.theochocolate.com/
http://www.nicobellaorganics.com/

Edit: The fig, fennel & almond bar was my favorite followed by the spicy chile bar.

Author:  katiejayne [ Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Seattle!

SweetT wrote:
I just went on the Theo chocolate tour this morning and it was amazing!! I don't like the taste of chocolate (i know i know) but learning about the history of chocolate and the company AND being able to watch the process was fantastic!! Theo also makes vegan chocolate confections. I sampled a couple and they were all yumtastic.

They have the following vegan confections in their store right now:
Blueberry almond
Ginger green tea
Pure cocoa bliss
Sunflower banana butter
Walnut flaxseed crumb

http://www.theochocolate.com/
http://www.nicobellaorganics.com/

Edit: The fig, fennel & almond bar was my favorite followed by the spicy chile bar.

Yum! I've been meaning to go there. fig fennel and almond sounds tasty!

Author:  FootFace [ Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Seattle!

No snow! Mrs. Face has been in Connecticut for a family crisis since November 11. Snow would just muck things up even more!

There's a connection. I just forget what it is.

Author:  monkeytoes [ Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Seattle!

The connection is that snow sucks. Also, holy fork it's cold out there!

Author:  SweetT [ Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Seattle!

katiejayne wrote:
SweetT wrote:
I just went on the Theo chocolate tour this morning and it was amazing!! I don't like the taste of chocolate (i know i know) but learning about the history of chocolate and the company AND being able to watch the process was fantastic!! Theo also makes vegan chocolate confections. I sampled a couple and they were all yumtastic.

They have the following vegan confections in their store right now:
Blueberry almond
Ginger green tea
Pure cocoa bliss
Sunflower banana butter
Walnut flaxseed crumb

http://www.theochocolate.com/
http://www.nicobellaorganics.com/

Edit: The fig, fennel & almond bar was my favorite followed by the spicy chile bar.

Yum! I've been meaning to go there. fig fennel and almond sounds tasty!


the tour is only $6 and you get to sample as much chocolate as you want!

Author:  monkeytoes [ Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Seattle!

It snowed! For like 10 minutes. If it was always like that, I might like snow.

Author:  Pinko [ Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Seattle!

We've had pretty steady snow for the last couple hours, but nothing's really sticking. Anyway, it is DELIGHTFUL and you guys are a bunch of snow curmudgeons. You're snowmudgeons.

Author:  monkeytoes [ Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Seattle!

Snow's fine if I don't have to get anywhere. I didn't mind it in Spokane because people there are used to driving in it and the streets get cleared quickly and life goes on. Here no one can drive in it, and trying to get to and from work on the bus sucks. Bah! I am a snowmudgeon.

Author:  ScooterDiva [ Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Seattle!

monkeytoes wrote:
Snow's fine if I don't have to get anywhere. I didn't mind it in Spokane because people there are used to driving in it and the streets get cleared quickly and life goes on. Here no one can drive in it, and trying to get to and from work on the bus sucks. Bah! I am a snowmudgeon.



Count me in, too! I'm used to living places where people aren't afraid of using salt to make roads driveable. Although it is a bit humorous to watch people who have no business driving in the snow (Mr 1970's Chevy Nova from 2 years ago, I'm talking about you!) try to navigate Seattle's hills.

Page 5 of 31 All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/