| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Teacups are coming!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:49 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Hello Seattle!

I am visiting with my sweetheart and a Little Nettle (not yet 2.5yo) soon. Where should we go? What should we see? What should we eat? Help me out before the forums go away!

Post subject: Re: The Teacups are coming!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:08 pm 
Nailed to the V

Definitely eat at No Bones Beach Club at least once - twice if you can manage, once for brunch and once for dinner! If you are here on a Thursday, Saturday, or Sunday, you should definitely stop by Cycle Dogs for hot dogs (or burgers, on Sunday)! It sounds like the Cookie Counter is temporarily closed for most of December, but if they are open (check them on Facebook or Instagram), do go there. Mighty-O is usually considered a must-do when it comes up. Araya's is fantastic and so delicious. People always recommend Wayward, but I think they are 100% missable for many reasons, most of which stem from the quality dropping precipitously in the last year (you can only be served rotten avocado so many times...).

Pike Place Market is fun if the weather cooperates, though be advised there are lots of fish sellers. :( But! There's also Cinnamon Works, which has a few vegan cookie flavors (including my favorite snickerdoodle in the world) and their cookies are the size of your head; Rachel's Ginger Beer; El Borracho (vegan tacos, nachos, burritos, etc); and The Crumpet Shop - their crumpets are vegan and so good! I've lived here for 15 years and I never get tired of the Fremont Troll, the Space Needle, the parks, West Seattle, Archie McPhee, the art museums... and MoPop (formerly the EMP) is really fun and cool but pricey.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:49 pm 

Wow, thank you! This is a great list - bummed to hear about Wayward! Rotten avocado is basically the worst.

Also I haven't had a crumpet in...forever, so you know where you can find me.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:29 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I agree with all that and would also include some Vietnamese places to eat as seattle does Vietnamese really well! Blossom in Renton is far but so good. Moonlight cafe is great and jdfunks raves about in the bowl. I've never been so I'm not sure what cuisine it is. Maybe thai? Teapot vegetarian house near me in redmond does great all vegan Chinese, but don't spend time coming to the eastside just to eat. Oh and hit up veggie grill if you haven't been to one before.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:19 pm 
Dead by dawn

Yes to all of the above. Except the bit about Wayward. Love 'em, maybe because I don't eat avocado!

My favorite pizza is the vegan Green Lake at Turnpike (which is, wait for it... right by Green Lake.)

I have lived in WA for 26 years and have never done the Seattle Underground Tour, but I really want to! FootFace says it's worthwhile... a bit cheesy, maybe, but fun.

MOHAI is worth checking out, especially if their rotating exhibit is interesting to you. Also, depending on what's going on at Pacific Science Center, Little Nettle might be old enough to appreciate at least some of it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:24 pm 

Little Nettle is a big fan of science! And also pizza. :)