| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 56  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Aussie & NZ Thread!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:15 am 
Offline
Huffs Nooch
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:28 pm
Posts: 134
Location: Brisbane, Australia
caterpillar wrote:

Oh and I'll be there on sat for the Brissy meetup! Except I don't know what you look like so you'll have to yell at me when I get there (there is a picture of me in the 'what are you wearing today' thread). Or you can add me on facebook so I can facebook stalk you first http://www.facebook.com/gelsworth


Oh, I didn't think of that. At this stage, my other half and kids want to come, so I'll be the dark-haired, short-haired, medium-build, glasses-wearing woman with the bald 50-ish yo man and 3 kids in tow (one a great big teenager and two tweens), in company with several georgous PPK'ers.

I think DJ and the kids want to see who I spend so much time with on the net. We'll put the kids up the end of the table, so they won't bug you, I promise!

KoalaT, did Cam want to come?

_________________
Formerly known as Eucalypt.
Live in Brisbane, which got a casino and was nicknamed Brisvegas. Vegan from Brisvegas + bit too fond of puns = BrisVegan.

Santa whips his reindeer and broke the elves' UTM local back in 86. fork that guy! - Imitation of Chris


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Aussie & NZ Thread!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:21 am 
Offline
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:17 pm
Posts: 153
Location: Brisbane, Australia
BrisVegan wrote:
caterpillar wrote:

Oh and I'll be there on sat for the Brissy meetup! Except I don't know what you look like so you'll have to yell at me when I get there (there is a picture of me in the 'what are you wearing today' thread). Or you can add me on facebook so I can facebook stalk you first http://www.facebook.com/gelsworth


Oh, I didn't think of that. At this stage, my other half and kids want to come, so I'll be the dark-haired, short-haired, medium-build, glasses-wearing woman with the bald 50-ish yo man and 3 kids in tow (one a great big teenager and two tweens), in company with several georgous PPK'ers.

I think DJ and the kids want to see who I spend so much time with on the net. We'll put the kids up the end of the table, so they won't bug you, I promise!

KoalaT, did Cam want to come?

Hoping to drag him along to prove he exists!!! :)

_________________
Artist formerly known as VeganAmy. @AmyVegan
http://ironchefvegan.blogspot.com.au/ - now infrequently updated!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Aussie & NZ Thread!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:22 am 
Offline
Huffs Nooch
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:28 pm
Posts: 134
Location: Brisbane, Australia
KoalaT wrote:
BrisVegan wrote:
caterpillar wrote:

Oh and I'll be there on sat for the Brissy meetup! Except I don't know what you look like so you'll have to yell at me when I get there (there is a picture of me in the 'what are you wearing today' thread). Or you can add me on facebook so I can facebook stalk you first http://www.facebook.com/gelsworth


Oh, I didn't think of that. At this stage, my other half and kids want to come, so I'll be the dark-haired, short-haired, medium-build, glasses-wearing woman with the bald 50-ish yo man and 3 kids in tow (one a great big teenager and two tweens), in company with several georgous PPK'ers.

I think DJ and the kids want to see who I spend so much time with on the net. We'll put the kids up the end of the table, so they won't bug you, I promise!

KoalaT, did Cam want to come?

Hoping to drag him along to prove he exists!!! :)


I believe!

_________________
Formerly known as Eucalypt.
Live in Brisbane, which got a casino and was nicknamed Brisvegas. Vegan from Brisvegas + bit too fond of puns = BrisVegan.

Santa whips his reindeer and broke the elves' UTM local back in 86. fork that guy! - Imitation of Chris


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Aussie & NZ Thread!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:59 am 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:12 pm
Posts: 3831
Location: Canberra, Australia
These meetups sounds so nice, I would definitely be there if there were one closer to home. Not in Canberra, though. That would probably just be me sitting on a picnic rug by the lake on my lonesome.

_________________
Recipes. Rants. Raunch.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Aussie & NZ Thread!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:11 am 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:28 pm
Posts: 3268
Guy - you're welcome! And Drossie - I like your new name :D

joshua wrote:
so i watched TAYG (yo' gen. yo.) from the weekend. anyone else happen to catch it?
grossest ending ever.

I love 'Yo Gen' but I didn't see the latest ep.

Erinnerung wrote:
These meetups sounds so nice, I would definitely be there if there were one closer to home. Not in Canberra, though. That would probably just be me sitting on a picnic rug by the lake on my lonesome.

We'll have one in Sydders for you!

_________________
CupcakeKitteh


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Aussie & NZ Thread!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:19 am 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:12 pm
Posts: 3831
Location: Canberra, Australia
Yay, Sydney!

And they had to be butchers on TAYG. Making sausages and stuff. There was tripe.

_________________
Recipes. Rants. Raunch.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Aussie & NZ Thread!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:55 am 
Offline
Memorized Veganomicon
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:12 pm
Posts: 90
I just saw this thread! Hi everyone!

miss snackura wrote:
I'm here just chillin' in the crazy Auckland weather. Going to have some schnitzel burgers tonight courtesy of Fry's and senior Avocado. Hooray!


Those Fry's burgers are pretty amazing, right? I had to check the packet three times, because they were so yummy and meaty-textured. Now I eat them way too much.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Aussie & NZ Thread!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:51 am 
Offline
Should Write a Goddam Book Already
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:34 pm
Posts: 1001
Location: Hellbourne, VIC
Hey! I didn't really post much on the last Aussie and NZ thread, so I thought I should get into it this time round. I used to be tegunk, but now just gunk.
Anyone else from WA out there? *voice echoes into the vast space of the central desert*......

_________________
If I chew on garlic that's been in a vagina, isn't that exploiting SOMEONE? - coldandsleepy
After all, you can't spell Richard Dawkins without "dickwad". - EmperorTomatoKetchup


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Aussie & NZ Thread!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:31 am 
Offline
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:21 pm
Posts: 1641
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Hello! I am here!

And two pages already, shiitake yeah!

_________________
Mel makes vegan food


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Aussie & NZ Thread!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:32 pm 
Offline
Not NOT A Furry
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:33 pm
Posts: 495
Location: BC
ladypenelope wrote:
Hello everyone!

I've got the day off work tomorrow so am hoping the weather stays nice. I'm almost giddy with excitement, it's a bit sad really...

QueenV wrote:
If anyone who posts in this thread is interested in doing some recipe testing for a new book project then PM me. I developed a bunch of recipes over out (Canadian) summer which need more testing, and as you are heading into summer it makes perfect sense to get people from Australia and NZ on board. Any questions just ask.


I'd just like to add that QueenV's recipes are awesome, so go test :)

Thanks Lady P!! and while there is a mutual love thing going on I have to say you are an awesome tester!!

_________________
Carla
http://veganyear.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/Carla.Kelly.Vegan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Aussie & NZ Thread!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:14 pm 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:28 pm
Posts: 3268
Erinnerung wrote:
And they had to be butchers on TAYG. Making sausages and stuff. There was tripe.

*vom*

RiotSquirrrrrrrel wrote:
I just saw this thread! Hi everyone!

Hi!

gunk wrote:
Hey! I didn't really post much on the last Aussie and NZ thread, so I thought I should get into it this time round. I used to be tegunk, but now just gunk.
Anyone else from WA out there? *voice echoes into the vast space of the central desert*......

SoyLatte was on the old boards and lives in W.A, I'll ask her if she's coming back!

_________________
CupcakeKitteh


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Aussie & NZ Thread!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:58 pm 
Offline
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:35 pm
Posts: 633
Location: New Zealand, bottom of the world
RiotSquirrrrrrrel wrote:
miss snackura wrote:
I'm here just chillin' in the crazy Auckland weather. Going to have some schnitzel burgers tonight courtesy of Fry's and senior Avocado. Hooray!


Those Fry's burgers are pretty amazing, right? I had to check the packet three times, because they were so yummy and meaty-textured. Now I eat them way too much.


I've only tried one type of Fry's product once [purchased by a family member at the food show] and it was disturbigustingly 'meaty'.
Yeah, so much so that I need to make up a word to describe it!
ha.
It probably tasted good too but I was too busy being weirded out by the way it felt to notice.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Aussie & NZ Thread!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:54 pm 
Offline
Tofu Pup Forever
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:55 pm
Posts: 19
Location: Brisbane, Australia
I really like the Fry's Chicken Style Strips. They go so well in stirfrys and on top of a pizza. The only problem with them (for me anyway) is they get really sickly after you eat a few. I didn't really think much of the Fry's Burger patties, i much prefer the Sanitarium ones.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Aussie & NZ Thread!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:01 pm 
Offline
Wears Pleather Undies
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:33 am
Posts: 23
Location: Sydney!
greenkiwi checking in! I'll update my avatar when i'm not at work. My boss can see my computer screen and she already told me off once yesterday...

by the way, do you all know Macbeth sneakers? I just discovered them last week. 100% vegan! In Sydney you can get them at Platypus shoes in Newtown, and at another shop in Enmore that sells concert memoribilia. They're made byone of the guys from Blink182 (the shop assistant was very excited to tell me ALL about them.)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Aussie & NZ Thread!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:34 pm 
Offline
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:12 pm
Posts: 147
Location: Montreal, QC
Yay! New thread.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Aussie & NZ Thread!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:35 pm 
Offline
Bathes in Braggs
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:01 am
Posts: 1296
Location: sunshine coast, australia
hi everyone :) i only just joined the old forum, so this feels like dejavu. and no, i didn't get to this thread because i was being productive...i was at a 4 hour morning cuppa with some friends :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Aussie & NZ Thread!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:42 pm 
Offline
Tofu Pup
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:17 pm
Posts: 13
Location: Western Australia
Hi hi! I'm new to the ppk and had no idea there were so many Aussies & NZers hanging out here, yay!
I'm Christabel, from Perth, and should be working.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Aussie & NZ Thread!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:10 am 
Offline
Tofu Pup Forever
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:55 pm
Posts: 19
Location: Brisbane, Australia
cseneque wrote:
Hi hi! I'm new to the ppk and had no idea there were so many Aussies & NZers hanging out here, yay!
I'm Christabel, from Perth, and should be working.


Welcome! I should be working too...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Aussie & NZ Thread!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:52 am 
Offline
Not NOT A Furry

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:29 pm
Posts: 504
Sforzando wrote:
I really like the Fry's Chicken Style Strips. They go so well in stirfrys and on top of a pizza. The only problem with them (for me anyway) is they get really sickly after you eat a few. I didn't really think much of the Fry's Burger patties, i much prefer the Sanitarium ones.


I hate those Sanitarium ones, so tasteless. Frys all the way, except I prefer the veat chicken pieces, not as processed/sickly as Frys.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Aussie & NZ Thread!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:53 am 
Offline
Not NOT A Furry

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:29 pm
Posts: 504
Oh and it's Punkfest in Wellington tomorrow! It is now one day which I actually prefer and I hope they have yummy vegan food. If not Deluxe is just down the road...


Last edited by guy burgess on Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Aussie & NZ Thread!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:05 am 
Offline
Tofu Pup Forever
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:55 pm
Posts: 19
Location: Brisbane, Australia
guy burgess wrote:
Sforzando wrote:
I really like the Fry's Chicken Style Strips. They go so well in stirfrys and on top of a pizza. The only problem with them (for me anyway) is they get really sickly after you eat a few. I didn't really think much of the Fry's Burger patties, i much prefer the Sanitarium ones.


I hate those Sanitarium ones, so tasteless. Frys all the way, except I prefer the veat chicken pieces, not as processed/sickly as Frys.


Your right, they dont really have much flavour, but i make up for that with heaps of mustard and ketchup. I think the only reason i like them over the frys ones are the sesame seeds on them. I love the frys cottage pie, its so yum, goes so well with bread and ketchup.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Aussie & NZ Thread!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:44 am 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:12 pm
Posts: 3831
Location: Canberra, Australia
I want in on some of this Fry's business! But I've never seen it here. Canberra only has two decent health food shops with vegan foods.

_________________
Recipes. Rants. Raunch.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Aussie & NZ Thread!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:59 am 
Offline
So Totally Yiffy
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:48 pm
Posts: 42
Location: Melbourne, Australia
They sell Frys products in some Safeway (Woolies) supermarkets, I've only seen the 'chicken' strips once though but the schnitzel and burgers are at most of them. They're in with the frozens :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Aussie & NZ Thread!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:45 am 
Offline
Making Threats to Punks Again
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:10 am
Posts: 1146
Location: Melbourne, Australia
I think the burgers taste funny. I like the chicken stuff but sometimes it makes me throw up.

Oh wait, Sanitarium Not Burgers are vegan? I swear they used to not be.

_________________
'forking. bogan as forking fork' - Joshua
'I can puke and be naked anywhere I want' - Fee


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Aussie & NZ Thread!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:58 am 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:12 pm
Posts: 3831
Location: Canberra, Australia
Awesome, I'll have to check it out. I never go to Woolies, I'm a Coles loyalist, have been since they introduced the hilarious 'you'll love Coles'-branded packaging. You know, the ones with the 'everyday people' professing why they love Coles. My favourite ever was the self-proclaimed 'party dudes' on their corn chips. They've since gotten rid of that packaging, but I'm too frightened of change to go elsewhere by now.

That, and our Coles has a booze aisle.

_________________
Recipes. Rants. Raunch.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 56  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer