| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Upcoming Events in L.A.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:26 am 
Offline
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:34 pm
Posts: 213
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Hey SoCal vegans,

Just in case you didn't know (you probably do!), there are a couple of fun vegan events coming up:

1. L.A. Vegan Beer Fest. May 4. If you've never been, and you like craft beer and vegan food trucks, this is the event for you. :) Tony (from Mohawk Bend, Tony's Darts Away, and Golden Road fame), Quarrygirl, and Nic Adler (of the Roxy) put this on -- I think it's the 4th annual? I've been the last two years and it's awesome.

http://lavbf.tumblr.com/

2. WorldFest. May 19. All vegan, very hippie, sometimes crazy speakers, but fun. Lots of booths, animal adoptions, great vegan food stands, etc. Easy to get to using the Orange Line.

http://www.worldfestevents.com/eventinfo.php


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Events in L.A.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:52 pm 
Online
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:25 pm
Posts: 716
Thanks. It's not a vegan event, but the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books is coming up on April 20-21.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Events in L.A.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:37 pm 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:28 pm
Posts: 3268
marmoset wrote:

2. WorldFest. May 19. All vegan, very hippie, sometimes crazy speakers, but fun. Lots of booths, animal adoptions, great vegan food stands, etc. Easy to get to using the Orange Line.

http://www.worldfestevents.com/eventinfo.php

I will be in L.A for that, so that's my Sunday sorted - thanks! Will you be going?

LFL wrote:
Thanks. It's not a vegan event, but the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books is coming up on April 20-21.

Some of my fave authors are going to be there, I wish I was coming a month earlier just for this event!

_________________
CupcakeKitteh


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Events in L.A.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:49 pm 
Online
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:25 pm
Posts: 716
Which author attendees are your faves, Kitteh?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Events in L.A.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:42 pm 
Offline
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:34 pm
Posts: 213
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Kitteh wrote:
marmoset wrote:

2. WorldFest. May 19. All vegan, very hippie, sometimes crazy speakers, but fun. Lots of booths, animal adoptions, great vegan food stands, etc. Easy to get to using the Orange Line.

http://www.worldfestevents.com/eventinfo.php

I will be in L.A for that, so that's my Sunday sorted - thanks! Will you be going?

LFL wrote:
Thanks. It's not a vegan event, but the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books is coming up on April 20-21.

Some of my fave authors are going to be there, I wish I was coming a month earlier just for this event!


I will be going to WorldFest! I'll probably be there all day hanging out, and helping staff either the HSUS or Compassion Over Killing tables for a couple of hours.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Events in L.A.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:34 pm 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:28 pm
Posts: 3268
LFL wrote:
Which author attendees are your faves, Kitteh?

Jaclyn Moriarty (Aussie author) and Elizabeth Wein (author of the amazing Code Name Verity). I hope you enjoy the festival, LFL!

marmoset wrote:
I will be going to WorldFest! I'll probably be there all day hanging out, and helping staff either the HSUS or Compassion Over Killing tables for a couple of hours.

Great! :)

_________________
CupcakeKitteh


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Events in L.A.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:01 pm 
Online
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:25 pm
Posts: 716
I did. I was at the panel Elizabeth Wein was on, too, but I got there late and was only there for 15 minutes of that. I started Code Name Verity a while ago but had to put it down because of the interrogation scenes. My grandparents were Holocaust survivors so that is a difficult time period for me to read about. But I heard from many friends who loved the book and if she writes another YA set at a different time period I will read it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Events in L.A.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:57 pm 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:28 pm
Posts: 3268
She does have a new book coming out, Rose Under Fire!

_________________
CupcakeKitteh


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Events in L.A.
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:59 pm 
Online
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:25 pm
Posts: 716
Thanks.

I see tickets for the LA Vegan Beer Fest are sold out, but there's a mention of non-drinking tickets sold at the door. I wonder if that means those are still available?

The food vendors are listed at this link:

http://www.losangelesvegan.com/food_ven ... 69302.html


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Events in L.A.
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:37 pm 
Online
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:25 pm
Posts: 716
Never mind, all tickets are sold out. I'll have to try to go next year.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Events in L.A.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:05 pm 
Online
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:25 pm
Posts: 716
It's that time of year again. LA Vegan Beer and Food festival general admission tickets are still on sale, but unfortunately the non-drinking tickets are already gone! For those of you who do drink, tickets can be had here: http://www.ticketfly.com/event/479439

Along different lines, the LA Times Festival of Books passes go on sale tomorrow! This year, vegan cookbook authors / actresses Mayim Bialik and Alicia Silverstone will be there. As well as authors of many other wonderful books. More information can be found here: http://events.latimes.com/festivalofbooks/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Events in L.A.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:37 pm 
Offline
Calls "cavemen" on that
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:53 pm
Posts: 2391
LFL wrote:
It's that time of year again. LA Vegan Beer and Food festival general admission tickets are still on sale, but unfortunately the non-drinking tickets are already gone! For those of you who do drink, tickets can be had here: http://www.ticketfly.com/event/479439

Along different lines, the LA Times Festival of Books passes go on sale tomorrow! This year, vegan cookbook authors / actresses Mayim Bialik and Alicia Silverstone will be there. As well as authors of many other wonderful books. More information can be found here: http://events.latimes.com/festivalofbooks/


I want to go to this SO BADLY. My partner and friends are craft beer crazy and they are always going to beer festivals.

Chances of them going to this one are about 0% though, unfortunately. Put vegan in front of something....its a no.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Events in L.A.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:24 pm 
Online
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:25 pm
Posts: 716
Chicki wrote:

I want to go to this SO BADLY. My partner and friends are craft beer crazy and they are always going to beer festivals.

Chances of them going to this one are about 0% though, unfortunately. Put vegan in front of something....its a no.


Wow, that sucks. Your partner won't even go with you, just the two of you? Can you trade going with him to somewhere he wants to go for him going with you to the Vegan Beer & Food Fest?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Events in L.A.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:42 pm 
Offline
Calls "cavemen" on that
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:53 pm
Posts: 2391
LFL wrote:
Chicki wrote:

I want to go to this SO BADLY. My partner and friends are craft beer crazy and they are always going to beer festivals.

Chances of them going to this one are about 0% though, unfortunately. Put vegan in front of something....its a no.


Wow, that sucks. Your partner won't even go with you, just the two of you? Can you trade going with him to somewhere he wants to go for him going with you to the Vegan Beer & Food Fest?


Well, he said he would go but he didn't seem very excited about it. He was like "well, I guess i can eat BEFORE I go..."

Welcome to my world dude.

Then he noticed Seabirds will be there, and he perked up a little. He does love their jackfruit tacos.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Events in L.A.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:28 pm 
Online
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:25 pm
Posts: 716
Chicki wrote:
Well, he said he would go but he didn't seem very excited about it. He was like "well, I guess i can eat BEFORE I go..."

Welcome to my world dude.

Then he noticed Seabirds will be there, and he perked up a little. He does love their jackfruit tacos.


Wow, that's too bad. I guess I'm spoiled -- I converted my husband to veganism soon after we met. I'm glad Seabirds will be there. Are you going then? I would love to hear more about it if you do.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Events in L.A.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:39 pm 
Online
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:25 pm
Posts: 716
Apparently Doomie's Home Cookin' is having an all you can eat Easter Brunch for $30 this weekend.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Events in L.A.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:51 pm 
Offline
Calls "cavemen" on that
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:53 pm
Posts: 2391
Finally got buy in from my partner for the beer festival....and it's sold out :(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Events in L.A.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:50 pm 
Online
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:25 pm
Posts: 716
Chicki wrote:
Finally got buy in from my partner for the beer festival....and it's sold out :(


That has to be disappointing!

I'm not going this year either (because I missed out on the non-drinking tickets and I don't drink) but I put a reminder in my planner for next year, and I hope to go then.

Maybe now that you have a commitment from your partner, it will be easier to get him to go next year?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Events in L.A.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:50 pm 
Offline
Calls "cavemen" on that
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:53 pm
Posts: 2391
Maybe....he actually feels bad. I think he was just grumpy the first time we talked about it! he is offering to buy two VIP tickets for us for $150 off craigslist, but I don't know about that. I will check a couple of days prior online, and maybe some will come up cheap on Craigslist or something. I buy tickets to events like that sometimes :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Events in L.A.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:13 pm 
Online
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:25 pm
Posts: 716
Chicki wrote:
Maybe....he actually feels bad. I think he was just grumpy the first time we talked about it! he is offering to buy two VIP tickets for us for $150 off craigslist, but I don't know about that. I will check a couple of days prior online, and maybe some will come up cheap on Craigslist or something. I buy tickets to events like that sometimes :)


That's really sweet of him! If you do go, let me know how it was. If not, I'll try to post here again next year when tickets go on sale, if I remember to.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Events in L.A.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:26 pm 
Online
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:25 pm
Posts: 716
Saw this instagram of designer vegan twinkies tweeted just now. One more reason to wish I could go to the LA Vegan Beer and Food Festival!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Events in L.A.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:25 pm 
Online
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:25 pm
Posts: 716
Chloe Coscarelli will be signing and discussing her Italian cookbook on Sep. 30 at Diesel Bookstore in Brentwood, it seems.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer