| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Potential move to SoCal - where to live???
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:50 pm 
Calls "cavemen" on that

Orange County/SD is gorgeous today. Around 70 degrees.

Sorry about not getting the job :( I know i am late to the conversation, but I live in the hidden gem of South OC: Lake Forest (yes, I know I sound like a real estate agent)

If things change, hit me up. I have some realtor friends in the area. Lake forest is reasonable, and smack in the middle of LA and San Diego. My partner is a musician, and we have to go both places, which is why we chose it. It like....south OC without being south OC. Its a really tiny city.

Oceanside is cool too! Love that city. I was born there :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:14 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Thanks Chicki, but it doesn't look like we are heading down there anytime soon. :(

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:35 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Sorry about the job :(. I hope you guys can find something else!

If you do end up moving there I'm from vista and know the area well. I wouldn't live in most of vista. I lived in the barrio and it sucked. Drugs, gang crepe, drive by shootings, robberies, murders, not safe to walk around. Shadowridge is nice but very stepford wives (I went to the hs there though I lived near the other hs). There are bad parts of Oceanside too but closer to Carlsbad and Vista is nice (I was born in the neighborhood by Libby lake. Lots of gang activity, even in the 80s-90s. It's worse now. I agree, near OHS is also not great). Temecula used to be a little podunk town but then it mushroomed into cookie cutter cheapish housing tracts because sd/coastal areas were unaffordable. It seems very nice now that the wineries are pretty popular but I think it still has some of that hick rep from the olden days. Plus there's the inland-coastal rivalry, which is dumb. The bad thing about being off 15 is that it's HOT in the summer.

I used to drive by lake forest on my commute to uci from vista. I think I used to go to that trader joes....? It sees like a nice community! My husband is from Huntington Beach and his family still lives there. It's a nice (expensive) area. My friends live in Lakewood and just bought a cute house there in a good neighborhood for $350k.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:16 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Thanks for all the info. It's almost hard for me to imagine there being gangs in beach towns. I have totally romanticized living by the beach! He's going to try to get the same job elsewhere in the country at some point this year, and if he doesn't succeed then we will stay in PDX until is kids are out of school. I wish we could stay here for another 10 years, but with his job we may need to go. It's so affordable here still compared to most of the rest of the west coast. Who knows. It has been hard to see him so angry and upset that he didn't get the job, we thought it was a sure thing. Being a grown up is so not fun a lot of times.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:45 pm 
WRETCHED

Yeah definitely gang areas throughout san diego, OC and los angeles. I never really thought that OC had gangs until I realized my cousin was in one (although I think he has some ties still, I believe he is out although sometimes his choloness comes out)