| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 48 Hours in LA
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:16 pm 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

I had a great trip! I didn't make it to Shojin (my flight was delayed so I wouldn't have made it before closing), but thankfully Doomie's was close to my hotel and open till 3am on weekends!

I think my favorite meal of my trip by far was Sage. I had sweet potato-plantain enchiladas for breakfast and holy moley it was yummy! Bonus points for there being a hint of cinnamon in their coffee- yum yummy! Close second was the Mexican Cobb salad at Native Foods. DAMN those people are friendly (I went to the one in Culver City).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:38 pm 
Slept through a huge sale, OH NO!

Oh, that's my "home" one! That location used to be M Cafe, which I preferred, but I love that little stretch of town. And, it's tons more popular as Native Foods which is cool.

Many craft beers can be had on that street and there used to be a women's sports store called Eve right down the block. Also, a wonderful farmer's mkt on Tuesdays.

Nice!

Glad you had a great trip!

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 11:47 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

~Sz wrote:
Oh, that's my "home" one! That location used to be M Cafe, which I preferred, but I love that little stretch of town. And, it's tons more popular as Native Foods which is cool.

It is a great little neighborhood. I still bemoan the loss of that M Cafe which I also prefer to Native Foods. But I think Culver City wasn't the best spot for them; I heard they closed it because they weren't doing enough business there. In my opinion they would have been better off to open one in Santa Monica. Thankfully there is still an M Cafe on Melrose, though I don't get there that often (I think there's also one in Beverly Hills, but that neighborhood is too snooty for me).

Edited to add: I just checked there's website -- looks like they're expanding again and opened one in Brentwood. Good for them, I hope it does well over there!