| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Downtown LA?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:09 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Can anyone recommend restaurants in walking distance of the Biltmore Hotel (5th and Grand)?

I found a place called Mendocino Farms that seems like it might have decent sandwiches, and a smoothie place, that might be ok for breakfast, but is otherwise a little hippie for my tastes. Plus Ramen Hood, obvies.

Anything else? I'm going for a work thing, so my transportation options will be limited.

Post subject: Re: Downtown LA?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:15 am 
Writes Vegan Haiku

Localita and the Badasserie would be a great breakfast or lunch option (or both, it's that good!) It's all vegan and lots of different options such as bowls, breakfast sandwiches, smoothies etc. Its walkable from where you will be and they also deliver! http://localiyours.com/localita/

Mendocino Farms is a good spot, they usually have a lot of prepared stuff that is vegan. There is also a Whole Foods on 8th and Grand with decent vegan options for prepared stuff, salad bar etc. They have a coffee bar as well and usually a few vegan pastry options.

Bar Ama has yummy vegan options, including a queso dip!
http://bar-ama.com/home.html

Definitely check out Ramen hood, also at Grand Central Market, G&B coffee is excellent and Golden Road has vegan pierogi.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:36 pm 
Tofu Pup

Love Mendocino Farms sandwiches!

Right around the corner from you is Tender Greens - they have vegan options - their vegan salad is great.

If you're feeling adventurous, you can take the Gold Line to Pico Aliso Station and go to Purgatory Pizza - they have vegan pizza and sandwiches.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:21 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Thanks for the recs!

I ended up getting some amazing off-menu fried shiitake things at Au Lac that they called "octopus." I also had Ramen Hood, which was really good. I tried the soy egg for the novelty but thought it was bland and didn't really add anything. The mushrooms were super good though. I also had a flavorful, but not too exciting (it was only sauteed peppers and salsa fresca) taco at Guisados. Tender Greens and Pitchoun also had vegan stuff, which was helpful when eating with coworkers, but nothing mind blowing.

The most delicious thing though was the chocolate sorbet from Gelateria Uli. So rich and decadent, and not icy at all. They even had vegan waffle cones!