| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 624 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Breaking Bad
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:49 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

https://twitter.com/H_Salamanca

ding ding

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:28 am 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Nick wrote:

that is hilarious! hahahah

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:34 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Nick wrote:

bhaha, awesome. I just started watching BB, only on Season 2 but I saw that ep. last night. Amazing.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:33 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

i just finished watching all the season. whew. i wish jane hadn't died or lost her sobriety.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:12 pm 
ol' garly cooch

I've always wanted to visit this thread, but I've been behind on all my seasons.

Until now.

Holy. forking. shiitake.

I loved Six Feet Under. I heart me some Malcom in the Middle. I enjoy True Blood, but all pale in comparison to this Vince Gilligan brain child. I want to have this series baby.

And I want Gus's Volvo.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:02 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

Such a brilliant finale.

This show has such a genius way of building up to the climactic moments that occur, DING DING DING indeed.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:31 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Season 5 preview here:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:52 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Just saw ding ding ding on Law and Order: SVU. It was kind of surprising to hear him walk and talk.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:12 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

I read in GQ that the next season will be the last. So sad.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:53 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

But maybe good. The show will have an arc...the progression of Walter into, well, badness has a terminus. In my opinion he will either die, or he will go to prison. The question is only how, not when. (But I hope to be surprised, and I probably will be. Maybe nothing will happen to him, but instead tragedy will strike his family. Walt Jr is sort of a sitting duck...or maybe the little baby daughter.) I do not foresee a happy ending for the White family.

I hope that Jesse will be redeemed, or will redeem himself. He is so broken now, and he knows he is broken, maybe the happy ending (or at least less-bleak is the best we can hope for) will come from his corner of the world.

I guess my reference for a limited series is The Wire. Although I loved every episode, the five seasons work as a beautiful, if not nearly perfect, dramatic package. More is not necessarily better.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:46 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I agree. Look what happened to Lost when they didn't have a planned end in sight. It wandered all over the place for seasons 2 & 3.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:06 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Ive started watching, am only on episode 3 or 4, dont feel comfortable watching stuff about meth so it took me a while to start. Ive know too many tweakers and its just gives me the heeby jeebies at this point.
Maybe this has been address by now but what I dont get is, Yes at a desperate point in his life the guy was inspired by the coincidence of the meth bust to make meth to get the money. He is a smart guy, why didnt he take a moment to think about it and make ecstasy instead. Slightly less crazy world to get caught up in I would think, probably lots of violence still going on but at least your not dealing with as many friggin tweakers.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:33 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

SkepticalVegan wrote:
Ive started watching, am only on episode 3 or 4, dont feel comfortable watching stuff about meth so it took me a while to start. Ive know too many tweakers and its just gives me the heeby jeebies at this point.
Maybe this has been address by now but what I dont get is, Yes at a desperate point in his life the guy was inspired by the coincidence of the meth bust to make meth to get the money. He is a smart guy, why didnt he take a moment to think about it and make ecstasy instead. Slightly less crazy world to get caught up in I would think, probably lots of violence still going on but at least your not dealing with as many friggin tweakers.

I can't tell you about Walt, but I recall reading somewhere that VG chose meth because it's such an unglamorous drug? There's no prestige with meth and the physical effects aren't real pretty. But I can't recall for the life of me whether a critic theorized that or whether it actually came from an interview.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:03 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

DangerZone wrote:
SkepticalVegan wrote:

I can't tell you about Walt, but I recall reading somewhere that VG chose meth because it's such an unglamorous drug? There's no prestige with meth and the physical effects aren't real pretty. But I can't recall for the life of me whether a critic theorized that or whether it actually came from an interview.

I'm pretty sure I've heard either Vince Gilligan or Bryan Cranston say something along those lines.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:26 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I just finished season three on Netflix. For most of the show I had to balance it out with episodes of The Offce to cleanse the 'oh shiitake's out of my mouth, but I pretty much plowed through season three.

I knew that kid was going to get 'dealt with'.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:56 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

So just this past week I finished watching season 4 and it was forking amazing! Made me tear up a little, amazed me and shocked me. An amazing way to end the season. Only thing that makes me sad is from what I understand next season will be the last season...but its supposed to be a 16 episode season so :)

This show is like a good book I cant put down.

Bananas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH5ay10RTGY

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:23 am 
ol' garly cooch

Totally. I want Mr. J. to change his last name to Gilligan so I can say I'm married to Vince Gilligan.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:29 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

SandyBadlands wrote:
Loved the ending! Also, check it out:

http://www.amctv.com/shows/breaking-bad ... -case-file
vs.
http://www.theppk.com/2007/07/graham-crackers/

I thought that recipe looked familiar! Poor likable Gale.

Yes! I'm just now watching the last season and decided to go searching for the vegan s'mores recipe because I heard a story with the show's consultant on how they try to get all the sciency bits authentic and accurate. I found Gale's notebook and thought "wait a minute..."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:36 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I just finished season 4 last night. Whoa.

I wound up staying up until midnight watching three of the last four episodes because I seriously couldn't stop. And midnight is a big deal to me. I'm usually out by 10. I can't believe Walt poisoned the kid.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:41 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

The new season starts July 15! Yay!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:50 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Except I have dishNetwork and they're dumping AMC. I guess I'll have to ask my dad (who still gets it I think) to record it for me. I hate having to rely on other people who don't give a flip.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:08 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:39 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

My husband and I watched all four seasons in about as many weeks. We could not stop watching. I'm excited for the new season because it's one show we're both actually interested in!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:22 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

it's on tonight, yo!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:55 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

we just started watching it and are halfway through season 2 (walt saw the kid buying stuff in home depot and gave him advice and then went out to the parking lot and told them to stay out of his territory!!!!) i LOVE it! see y'all in a few weeks when we're done with what just got put up on netflix. :-)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 624 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 25  Next