| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Voice Australia
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:49 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Anyone proudly watching? Anyone secretly watching? Anyone watching and pretending you're not watching but OMG I WILL DIE IF KARISE DOES NOT WIN???

Anyone...?

Post subject: Re: The Voice Australia
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:04 am 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

all I know about that show is Delta (So)Goodrem. that's more than I need to know..

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:23 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Heh! It was sheer torture watching Delta during the blind auditions, with her arm draped faux-seductively over her head. I ask you, who sits in a chair with a really, really high back, with their arm up like that? The songs she has chosen for her contestants were such bad bad choices. Purple Rain and the Tori-esque version of Smells Like Teen Spirit were painful to watch.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:41 am 
Not NOT A Furry

is karise the one that sang hallelujah? If so then yes she should win. The singing is really bad on this show...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:57 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Yep that's her. Check her out on YouTube (Karise Eden) sing G'n'R.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:44 am 
Hearts James Cromwell

I watched bits and pieces of it along the way, but I was cringeing most of the time. I always recorded it and watched it later so I could skip all the fawning and waffling and repetitive crapola. I gave up when Keith Urban gave Diana Rouvas the arse. I mean, seriously?? Nobody else on that show can sing like her, but the show is not really about "the voice" at all.

Then I read about the score system for the finale and how it's linked to the judges' twitter accounts. Apparently Joel has the most followers, so on that basis alone, there's a possibility his person could win. I won't even be recording the last episode, let alone watching on the night.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:37 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I saw that today, and the bit about Lionel Richie encouraging people to vote for his son in law's protege. To that I say umm, hello?

It's ridiculous. I don't usually get sucked in to the whole talent show thing but Karise's background struck a chord with me and I adore the way she looks like she is humbly pooping her pants after a performance. And I get the tissues when the camera cuts to her foster parents having a cry. And okay okay, I had a little sook when Seal got all choked up after she sang Hallelujah.

Diana Rouvas was awesome, what a voice. I like Mr Percival as well but Diana was truly superb.

Oh and the other urgh thing is how the coaches and mentors are conveniently releasing albums now, and worse, covers and best-ofs. Like Marcia Hines and her best ofs during A.Idol. Blergh.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:41 am 
Saggy Butt

catwoman wrote:
Then I read about the score system for the finale and how it's linked to the judges' twitter accounts. Apparently Joel has the most followers, so on that basis alone, there's a possibility his person could win. I won't even be recording the last episode, let alone watching on the night.

Oh that's kind of dodgy, not impressed at all.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:44 am 
Hearts James Cromwell

TurningVioletViolet wrote:
It's ridiculous. I don't usually get sucked in to the whole talent show thing but Karise's background struck a chord with me and I adore the way she looks like she is humbly pooping her pants after a performance. And I get the tissues when the camera cuts to her foster parents having a cry.

I only read about her background yesterday. Like I said, I haven't really watched it properly, but I liked her at the beginning because her voice is so earthy and unique. Now that I know something about her life, I think it would be awesome if she won. She's definitely the best singer out of the final four.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:24 am 
Not NOT A Furry

she still deserves to win after that performance!