| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 802 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Walking Dead (TV) NO COMIC SPOILERS!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:49 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Hahaha I was confused. I thought he was going to offroad a bit.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:17 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Those are amazing, Nick.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:49 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

those made my day.

And yeah, every episode i spend more time wishing Carl would just get eaten already. I didn't hate Lori so much before, just found her irritating...now after that last episode i want to punch her stupid face.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:37 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I complained a lot about season two dragging on, but the last couple episodes—especially the finale—made up for it. Even though I like the show and all, I feel like this season would have been more enjoyable if it was condensed to 8-10 episodes or something. I'm excited for next season.

And I concur with the Carl hate! When Shane told Carl it wasn't his fault, immediately my boyfriend and I both shouted, "YES, IT IS!" Yeah, that's us. We pick on fictional children.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:05 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

queenofpainting wrote:
And I concur with the Carl hate! When Shane told Carl it wasn't his fault, immediately my boyfriend and I both shouted, "YES, IT IS!" Yeah, that's us. We pick on fictional children.

You've got nothing on George and Martha from Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:12 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'm not really bothered by Carl. He's just a dumb kid being a kid. It's the lack of supervision that's so weird.

Post subject: *SPOILERS*
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:58 am 
Bathes in Braggs

*SPOILERS*

Do not scroll down to view the rest of this post if you do not want Season 3 of The Walking Dead to be spoiled for you in any way.

Spoiler: show
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/645194/thumbs/o-THE-WALKING-DEAD-MERLE-570.jpg?5
article

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:02 am 
protein lump

we have spoiler tags. please use them.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:36 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

So Isa suggested that I could split this thread from season three talk, for those of us who only get to watch this shiitake on Netflix. We do that for True Blood and it's a good idea for any show not on regular cable and/or hulu.

Season three thread is now here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=24325

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:37 pm 

And now.

I AM SO GLAD SHANE IS DEAD WHAT THE FUCKOLA TOOK THEM SO LONG.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Post subject: Re: The Walking Dead seasons 1 & 2 (NO COMIC SPOILERS!)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:06 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Awesome! Moderators are cool! 8)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:19 am 
Bathes in Braggs

For those who do not have cable and you don't want to wait for Netflix you can watch The Walking Dead, online, streaming ( no downloads ) here:

http://watchseries.li/serie/the_walking_dead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:34 pm 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

Oh! This is awesome! Thanks!

Haha, too bad my post is now in the other thread! But anyway, yeah, thank goodness Shane is dead. Sad about Dale more than anyone else. I actually didn't expect Shane to get dead so soon though for crazy dramas sake. I seriously thought they'd drag that stuff out even more than they did, and yeah, Carl finally did something, though he turned nutty? Because I don't think he was originally holding the gun for shooting Zombie Shane? I think it was originally pointed at his dad? But maybe not. I still have the last episode of seas 2 to watch.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:58 pm 

I feel like both the Shane thing and the Sophia thing dragged on for waaaaaaay longer than necessary. Like I get that they needed to build up to finding out about the walkers, and making Shane a little crazier, and blonde lady being on Shane's side after they boned (and whoa she grabbed his dick on cable tv, I was not expecting that!), and the actual opening of the barn. But I don't think that needed seven episodes to happen. I think all of that could've happened in five, easily. And I get that they wanted to save killing Shane for near the end, but they could've sent him away or something. He was just a non-stop train of crazy who clearly wasn't rational. When they confirmed that he killed Otis they should've told him to bounce.

Dale was awesome. But apparently his skin was so thin that a walker that Carl could shake off and who got stuck in the mud was able to rip right into him (that made so little sense).

Stuff about the last episode:

The one thing I hate about zombie movies/shows in general is this: they never have an escape plan when they do get comfortable. They know that smearing walker guts on them will throw off the walkers. Why don't they keep some walker bodies handy (but not close enough to smell) to smear on to help them get away? Why was the area close to the house not better fenced off from the walkers? Even if they weren't expecting a herd, one or two could've wandered up to the porch every damn night, it looked like. I just feel like, realistically, people wouldn't be quite that dumb after they got Herschel to pull his head out of his asparagus.

Let me know when you watch the last one! The end of it is some Silent Hill/Resident Evil shiitake.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:32 pm 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

They put up boards when Hershel finally got his head out of his asparagus! To keep the peeping zombies from seeing them nakeds!

Yeah, but really, at least a no-man's-land perimeter of razor wire, ditches and mounds and such. These zombs are maybe a little more agile than I think they ought to be, but generally, climbing is hard, and razor wire would slow them sown. Even if it doesn't hurt, some of them might be rotted up enough that they could lose enough bits to make them no longer mobile. I feel like a deep trench with some spikes in em, like traps from jungle movies of yesteryear would be pretty good at slowing down at least the stragglers. If the trenches weren't deep enough it would slow down a herd til they filled em up. They did that shiitake in the Middle Ages without the benefit of some caterpillar excavators that could I'm sure, have been found scattered around town.

As for story-wise, Andrea sure did tough up! I mean, she ran like, all night long shooting zombies as she went. Alll night! With neverending bullets! But also, Weird hoodie person with zombie pets! That is...intriguing.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:41 pm 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

beforewisdom wrote:
For those who do not have cable and you don't want to wait for Netflix you can watch The Walking Dead, online, streaming ( no downloads ) here:

http://watchseries.li/serie/the_walking_dead

So, I'm always scared of sites like this. Is the part you stream from found here? http://watchseries.li/episode/the_walki ... 01728.html where you hit "stream in HD now" I assume, but it sends you to another site, cinaplay? Like, how do you sort out what is safe and whats going to bring in zombiehordes of mal bots?

Or one of the 512 places where you can stream or download? So like, clicking on one from estonia or whatever?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:11 am 
Bathes in Braggs

Hi lychophyte. I have been using watchseries.com for over a year and have watched about a half dozen series with it. I have encountered no issues. I will qualify that by saying that I do not use Windows so I am free from most malicious software from the internet.
I also use Firefox with the AdBlock extension installed. When I go to watchseries.com I get a nice plane page listing the episodes in order.
I click on one of those links and get another nice page of links of different places that offer that episode as a streaming video. Some of them also offer downloads for money, but it is EASY to find the link to stream. I'm not a lawyer, but I think when you watch a streaming video you are clean legally. The video in question is on THEIR server, not your machine. The streaming quality is fairly good. Once in a while.....occasionally......it stops to buffer. If that happens, putting it on pause for literally 5 minutes lets it catch up and solves the problem.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:34 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Deleted scene from Season 2. Shows what happened to that enclave in that hospital in Atlanta

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:12 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

beforewisdom wrote:
Deleted scene from Season 2. Shows what happened to that enclave in that hospital in Atlanta

Thanks! It badly needs editing, but that's quite an amazing scene.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:53 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Pyewacket wrote:
beforewisdom wrote:

Thanks! It badly needs editing, but that's quite an amazing scene.

It looks like there was more that was chopped.

At the end of Season 1 they all piled into their cars and drove away from the CDC. The start of this scene shows Shane trying to escape on foot before he jumps in the truck.

I agree it was a good scene, I guess they just had too much to fit into one episode.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:50 am 
Saggy Butt

Very late to the party I know, but I've just seen S1 of Walking Dead.

1) No the horse! No! Dude the horse!
2) Where did racist redneck from the roof go? Did he really take the truck, if so where, since he didn't come back to camp.
3) That gang in the city, what a turn out that was!
4) What ever happened to that guy and his son, who was all I can't kill my wife?
5) Poor Shane. :( Thinking about killing your best friend? So not cool, dude don't go all evil your my fave!
6) The fact that the last episode ended without resolving 2) & 4) really annoys me.
7) I don't get the memes about Carl and the house? Maybe I missed something or I'm being particularly dim witted.

Overall a good series, I'm really looking forward to the second season now.

Edit to add I'm reluctant to read to far into this thread until I see second season. Eeep!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:30 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

DSK, oh you just wait.... Keep watching! And much will be spoiled for you if you read through this thread so try to refrain!

And yes about the horse! I just happened to rewatch the first episode that was on the black and white versions AMC re-ran a couple weeks ago. Poor horse.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:59 am 
Bathes in Braggs

It is great to watch a popular cable show on DVD....you don't have to wait a year in between episodes :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:56 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

okay, so, i was asked to serve on a dissertation committee where the topic will the TWD fandom, and specifically, the talking dead show.... but i had never seen TWD, and i didn't want this dissertation proposal to spoil everything for me, so i decided to just go for it and i watched seasons 1 and 2 on netlflix over the past week or two. i am tOtally sucked in and i hate carl like most of the rest of you.

so now i just need to figure out a good way to watch season 3, ASAP, because i'm starting to have withdrawals.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:06 pm 
Saggy Butt

I would really love to have a PhD that required a dissertation on TWD. What degree is that for?

What is with all the Carl-hate? Poor kid. Dealing with a totally impossible and disturbing life.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 802 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next