| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Master Chef
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:32 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

madeleine.teacup wrote:
Okay, I actually posted above while still watching the latest episode on hulu and she is throwing sauce at and cursing at other competitors during her pressure test, are you kidding me.

I don't even know why the sauce-throwing is upsetting me so much but it is.

Ugh, it bothered me too! So immature, just really showed how mean-spirited she is.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:00 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

madeleine.teacup wrote:
Arisaig wrote:
One thing that occurred to me about Krissi is that, rude and one-dimensional cook that she is, she is the only one there who is not a "foodie". She doesn't know a lot about different regions' foods and doesn't know much about fancy ingredients, unlike the other contestants, and maybe they want her there to try to appeal to viewers like her. Or the chefs see her as a challenge to teach new tricks to.

I was thinking the same thing - that they might be keeping her around to appeal to viewers like her. As in viewers who aren't familiar with multiple cuisines, &c, not as in viewers who are total jerks.

Like, I don't feel like I'm a super duper foodie food fooderson or anything, but I get surprised by things like the fact that my own mother, who is probably more indicative of the way more Americans cook and eat than I am, didn't even try eating any Indian food at all until like last year, whereas I've been cooking various kinds of Indian food for a while now. That's a terrible run-on sentence but Krissi makes me throw grammar to the wind!

i wish i had the power to change your subnick to foodie food fooderson.
my husband still laughs about the time a couple years ago when we took my parents to a Mexican restaurant and my mom was all like "im never had a burrito before!"

it was a thought that we couldnt wrap our minds around!

also i think she tried Indian food within the last couple years as well. ours moms should be pals!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:42 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

LisaPunk wrote:
my husband still laughs about the time a couple years ago when we took my parents to a Mexican restaurant and my mom was all like "im never had a burrito before!"

also i think she tried Indian food within the last couple years as well. ours moms should be pals!

Ahahahahaha, I kind of wish you did too!

We could send our moms on Food Adventure Quests together! This week: momos. Next week: gumbo. Call us, Food Network!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:30 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I can't watch US anymore. It makes me cry. Not in the happy amazing loving Master Chef Australia way, in the WHY IS THIS SO AWFUL AND WHY CAN'T THEY BE AUSTRALIAN way. If George, Gary, and Matt could eclipse everyone (contestants included) I would be happy. Luca and Gordon can stay. And Graham's kid. Bri can come back.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:56 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

They kept Krissi that long on purpose. Last week they praised the other three and told Krissi "it was a good effort" then didn't send anyone home! This week you could clearly see that Jessie's cake was cooked more than Krissi's then Joe acted like he could barely tell the difference.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:30 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

so friggin happy Krissi is gone. god that took way too long.
i mean you want to be Master Chef and you cant make a crepe and you dont eat Asian food?
WAT?
i felt SO BAD for Jessie.
the look on Joe's face was priceless when they were fighting.

im so happy Luca is in the finale. he is my favorite for sure. i hope he wins.
i am predicting Natasha will win though. she has been the most consistant and while i dont particularly like her i do think she has the skills to win.

i am pulling for Luca for sure though!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:13 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

madeleine.teacup wrote:
LisaPunk wrote:

Ahahahahaha, I kind of wish you did too!

We could send our moms on Food Adventure Quests together! This week: momos. Next week: gumbo. Call us, Food Network!

We need to pitch this!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:26 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

I'm soooooo glad that Krissi is gone! And I just couldn't understand Joe's sadness about the decision. I mean, really?! Not only is she a one-note cook, but she'd be an absolute NIGHTMARE to have working in your kitchen. I just don't get it.

I was sad to see Jessie go. I thought she was going to win. Between the two left, I want Luca to win. Natasha is a great cook, obviously, but her personality drives me bananas. I can't stand her "I'm hott! Look at me, I'm sooooo hott! People think I can't cook because, whoa, I'm so hott!!" thing. Okay I get it, people think you're hott. But you know what makes me think you are hideous? Your insistence on telling me every 5 minutes that you are hott.

Dear Nora: My cat's advice column (really)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:34 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

When they revealed the pressure test for the one that got Krissi sent home, I was so irritated. Thank goodness she still botched it, but desserts? Really? The hand holding was ridic. And, yeah, I don't know why Joe was so tore up.

I'm pretty meh about the final. I generally think Natasha's food looks/sounds better than Luca's, but he's got a more likeable personality (although it seems they've toned down her bisque edit a little in recent episodes).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:38 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Yeah, ding dong the witch is dead. What a misery she is. I was surprised Jessie got so feisty, but I can't blame her. At first when Joe started to say something to Krissi when she was leaving, I just thought "if he is offering her a job... I swear, I'm quitting mine and making it my goal to get on MC and land a job with one of these chefs. No effin' way." But then he just invited her for steaks or whatever so I got over it.

I want Luca to win - he absolutely cracks me up and just seems like a good guy.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:51 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

takecare wrote:
I'm soooooo glad that Krissi is gone! And I just couldn't understand Joe's sadness about the decision. I mean, really?! Not only is she a one-note cook, but she'd be an absolute NIGHTMARE to have working in your kitchen. I just don't get it.

I was sad to see Jessie go. I thought she was going to win. Between the two left, I want Luca to win. Natasha is a great cook, obviously, but her personality drives me bananas. I can't stand her "I'm hott! Look at me, I'm sooooo hott! People think I can't cook because, whoa, I'm so hott!!" thing. Okay I get it, people think you're hott. But you know what makes me think you are hideous? Your insistence on telling me every 5 minutes that you are hott.

yeah i didnt get Joe's sadness. maybe he wants to be an actor and was working on his sad face?
i feel the same way about Natasha. she just seems like an entitled bisque. ugh.

i do think she is more skilled than Luca but i really want Luca to win!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:52 pm 
Nailed to the V

vijita wrote:
. Luca and Gordon can stay. And Graham's kid. Bri can come back.

YES. YES. YES. Perfect group.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:46 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

julialegume wrote:
vijita wrote:
. Luca and Gordon can stay. And Graham's kid. Bri can come back.

YES. YES. YES. Perfect group.

I would go to that restaurant takeover.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:39 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

I NEVER would have thought that Luca would win this, at the beginning of the season. I'm happy for him! I did think Jessie would win the game though

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:30 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

I thought it would be Jessie too. I'm so glad it was Luca instead of Natasha though. And Luca was so cute when they brought out his dad & sister. And it's cute that he always picks his wife up off the ground when they hug.

Dear Nora: My cat's advice column (really)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:05 am 

We cried! It was so sweet. The ONLY nice person on that show won! I forgive you now, America.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:13 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I was so happy! I adore Luca and I think that when he pushed past the initial stress of competition he showed some great things.

I did love Natasha's response to Krissy trying to throw shade.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:24 am 

Oh yeah, the thunderdome comment! That was great.

I missed the ep where Krissi got sent home, so even though I had already seen the finale, I had to watch that ep on Hulu. Man, why do the judges love her so much?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:20 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

I'm glad that Luca won but I feel that he and Natasha were equally good. In the end they had to choose the person that was not only good but that people liked enough to want to buy their cook book. Natasha was just not likeable enough. And it kind of pissed me off that they asked Krissy what she thought of Natasha's appetizer. Out of all the people there they asked her on purpose because they knew she would say something nasty.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:40 am 

Natasha's appetizer was WEIRD though! I totally don't understand how it worked.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:26 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

im so happy Luca won. i totally didnt think he would. several episodes ago i didnt even think he would make it to the finale even though he was my favorite.

i do agree that he was picked to win because he will sell more cookbooks. he's the total marketing package.
he's sweet, funny, handsome, has an accent, talks about the american dream, etc
he's impossible not to love.

Natasha has mad cooking skills but is kind of a bisque.

im so happy he won.

im such a sucker. i was bawling when they brought out both their familes.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:03 am 

That's true that he's the perfect marketing package. All anyone can say about Natasha is "She's a bisque." And the last winner was blind... hmm. I love her though and won't tell myself it's for that reason.

I can't wait for Master Chef Junior!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:13 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

Yeah nothing against Christine's cooking skills but I was pretty sure she was gonna win last season about half way through

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:30 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

Actually, I thought Natasha was mostly bland. I assume any reality teevee show is looking mostly for drama and personality. Krissi spouting off Very Bad Things on the tweeter guaranteed that she wouldn't be winning anything (what a pr mess that would have been). But most of those contestants just didn't have much oomph. Luca was both a nice guy and also someone who showed emotion and seemed to be enjoying himself. He was memorable, and if you have 15 seconds, you gotta be memorable. Who would even remember many of their names by the time the cookbook came out?

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:46 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

it's back!

anyone else watching? i watched the first episode and i was sad they didnt show the audition process. i like when they show the weird people and all the terrible things they cook.

i thought the way they stopped their hour cooking time to basically publically shame people and kick them out was more mean spirited than normal, though i totally thought they should kick out the girl who was tossing her trash everywhere. gross. what world is that ok in???

i havent decided on any favorites yet though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next