| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 802 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 33  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Walking Dead (TV)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:50 pm 
Thinks Stonewall's jerquee tastes GREAT!

guy burgess wrote:
the second episode was rubbish. The new characters are rubbish and that weird speech with the drivers licence of the zombie, ugh...TERRIBLE dialogue. although I do love Glenn.

I kind of loved the "speech" about the guy - I think it really turned the mood of the scene. By validating this person and making them an appreciated sacrifice. It was more personal and human and less "waahh let's smother ourselves in nondescript blood and guts".

Anyway, I am loving this show so far. I can't believe there's only 3 episodes left of the season! There is so much stuff in the comics I can't wait for them to get to.

Anybody else love the older guy who owns the RV? I don't remember his name. He's so fair-minded and reasonable, as well as super compassionate, from what we've seen. Really balances out all of the crazy douche-nozzles.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:47 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Everything wrote:
Anybody else love the older guy who owns the RV? I don't remember his name. He's so fair-minded and reasonable, as well as super compassionate, from what we've seen. Really balances out all of the crazy douche-nozzles.

Yes, I love that guy. He's a calmer, smarter leader than Shane. Plus I liked his speech about not wanting to lend tools out. It cracked me up because I am the same way.

boychucker.blogspot.com
twitter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:16 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

I just watched the first two episodes in a row and I love it!

I had to look up on the internet what channel AMC was on because I didn't even know!

I'm really not a zombie person because movies with that much suspense make me nervous. I'm that way with most end-of-the-world movies. The way I get through it is by telling myself that everything will be okay. That viewers would be pissed if everyone died so they wouldn't let that happen.

I can't wait to see what happens tonight. I'm going to see episode 3 and 4 in a row.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:25 pm 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

cakenstein wrote:
Also, I do not like that their kid is named Carl. I know this may be ageist of me, but I've never known a Carl that was younger than 50.

I'm sure people have already responded but as a "Carl" and someone well under 50 I take this very personally, there are many people in my peer group with this name, so many in-fact that I had to go by my last name in High School cause there were too many "K/Carls". Open your eyes and seek the truth.

Anyways I watched episode three today, still cool, I don;t know how people can rip on the plot being predictable unless they read the comic. I think there is enough going on to keep people guessing/on their toes about what happens next.

How bout that weird as hell Toyota commercial? I had fast forwarded through it every other time watching the show but found myself unable to stop laughing when dude said "Is that a Corrola?" in the middle of a zombie assault. Modern advertising is soooo kooky.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:03 am 
Nailed to the V

This episode was forking rad. Scary and rad! Loved it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:13 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Are they going to try to save the sister? Or bring her along for some reason? Something about the "next on" makes me think they will. If they do, I'm going to be mad.

Also, the "vatos" turning out to be taking care of old folks? I don't know how I feel about that.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:22 am 
Nailed to the V

Yeah, but the last few minutes kicked all kinds of asparagus!

But I did want someone to grab the older sister and pull her away.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:54 am 

cakenstein wrote:
Also, I do not like that their kid is named Carl. I know this may be ageist of me, but I've never known a Carl that was younger than 50.

YES! I pointed this out to my boyfriend when we first heard that kid's name in the pilot. I was like, "Wait, what? They did not seriously name their kid Carl. What decade is this?" It's a super outdated name for someone who was born in this millennium (emphasized so as not to offend bruteface, who is surely more than 8 years old). But I didn't go to school with a single Carl, so that might be why it's so distracting to me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:04 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

graffitipassion wrote:

Also, the "vatos" turning out to be taking care of old folks? I don't know how I feel about that.

I really liked that. what was wrong with it?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:40 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

graffitipassion wrote:

I felt awesome about that. A nurse and a custodian.
Zombie Apocalypse: The Great Equalizer.

Spoiler: show
Spoiler alert! Merle was an Associate Professor of Sociology at The University of Atlanta and Daryl was a Methodish Preacher.

www.monsterdoodlebook.com - DRAW! MONSTERS!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:17 pm 

The vatos taking care of abuelita was the best part, besides the "killer" dogs. I am wondering will Rick and his crew try to band up with them to survive, since their camp was attacked and the vatos told them there are other survivors who are a threat.

boychucker.blogspot.com
twitter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:12 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

OK, this show is spooooooky and intense, and zombies usually crack me up.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:30 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

boychucker wrote:
The vatos taking care of abuelita was the best part, besides the "killer" dogs. I am wondering will Rick and his crew try to band up with them to survive, since their camp was attacked and the vatos told them there are other survivors who are a threat.

I was laughing my asparagus off at the "killer dogs". I really hope that they all team up or that we at least see them again and get an update. I was scared for Glenn. He's my favorite and I feel like anyone can get killed at any moment. Nobody is safe well except Rick of course (maybe? I dunno..).

I'm also not feeling any love for his wife. Sure there's the whole cheating thing but also her frequent facial expressions are uber distracting.

As soon as I saw Jim digging I knew it was some sort of forshadowing that peeps were gonna die soon. But I assumed either Jim or that abusive crasshole (forgot his name) were going to go on a crazy murderous rampage.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:49 pm 
Thinks Stonewall's jerquee tastes GREAT!

lostgirl12 wrote:

I'm also not feeling any love for his wife. Sure there's the whole cheating thing but also her frequent facial expressions are uber distracting.

Yeah, I'm not digging her so much either. We don't really have any reason to like her, except that she's our protagonist's partner. I just never feel like she really adds anything, other than to be worried.

Amy's death was intense. I am loving the variety of emotions they're working with here! This show is awesome - it honestly seems like the most realistic post-apocolyptic story I've ever seen/heard/read. The whole thing with the other "tribe", it felt so human. We're fighting each other, but only because we've got our own to protect.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:25 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

ijustdiedinside wrote:
graffitipassion wrote:

I really liked that. what was wrong with it?

I understood the respecting the abuela, but when I saw them tear up in that low rider and get violent I thought "Okay, this is realistic". I thought it was realistic that gangs would form in order to survive...especially when they existed before everything went to shiitake.

So I guess I don't really mind that those particular guys were faking it, but I think it would be cool to show "gangs" since that's probably going to happen when everyone is fighting over resources.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:29 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

lostgirl12 wrote:

Also, she's all "Ew, frog legs" or "EW, fish" like she's grossed out by survival. But she stomps around in her boots like she's the queen of the campground.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:14 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I find it distracting that she's wearing those boots when it's 100 degrees outside. Take off your shoes, man!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:07 pm 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

I love, love, LOVE this show. It's about time time we have a zombie series!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:20 am 
Tofu Pup Forever

Everything wrote:
lostgirl12 wrote:

Chick never smiles!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:51 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

its not even the fact that that bisque never smiles...... its cos she don't she don't do no expression at all apart from mildly shocked.....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:56 am 
Smuggling Raisins

Badgermog wrote:
its not even the fact that that bisque never smiles...... its cos she don't she don't do no expression at all apart from mildly shocked.....

YES!! She's always got the stupid bugged out eye "OMG!" look on her face.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:27 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

My partner and I are watching this from the NL (dloading a few days after it comes out) and we're really enjoying it. I'm usually not a fan of zombie stuff, but the guy at my comic book shop back home said I should read the comics since it's much more about the characters and surviving than "oo! zombie gore! blah!" That appeals to me much more and once I start working again I'll probably pick up the comics. I really enjoyed the Y: The Last Man series by Brian K. Vaughan, too. I guess I just like post-apocalyptic fiction.

This may be too much this early in the season, but this show could be the next LOST for me. I see a lot of parallels, especially with the most recent episode:

The guy in the CDC compound talking to the computer reminded me a lot of Desmond pressing the button and wondering if anyone was outside. Not to mention the group of survivors - living together rather than dying alone (RIP, Jack!)

Also, I have a new brunette in a love triangle to hate just like Kate! Ahem, Rick's wife.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:57 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

pickledtreats wrote:
My partner and I are watching this from the NL (dloading a few days after it comes out) and we're really enjoying it. I'm usually not a fan of zombie stuff, but the guy at my comic book shop back home said I should read the comics since it's much more about the characters and surviving than "oo! zombie gore! blah!" That appeals to me much more and once I start working again I'll probably pick up the comics. I really enjoyed the Y: The Last Man series by Brian K. Vaughan, too. I guess I just like post-apocalyptic fiction.

This may be too much this early in the season, but this show could be the next LOST for me. I see a lot of parallels, especially with the most recent episode:

The guy in the CDC compound talking to the computer reminded me a lot of Desmond pressing the button and wondering if anyone was outside. Not to mention the group of survivors - living together rather than dying alone (RIP, Jack!)

Also, I have a new brunette in a love triangle to hate just like Kate! Ahem, Rick's wife.

Oh wow I never considered the Lost comparasion before but now that I read your post I can totally see it. But now I'm really forking scared the ending of this show is going to be like the Lost one :(

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:04 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

God dammit, don't say this show is anything like Lost! Brian and I aren't even done with it yet but i've told everyone who hasn't seen it to not start, because watching Lost has been a waste of my time. Stupid forking Lost.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:20 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

mrsbadmouth wrote:
God dammit, don't say this show is anything like Lost! Brian and I aren't even done with it yet but i've told everyone who hasn't seen it to not start, because watching Lost has been a waste of my time. Stupid forking Lost.

BLASPHEMY!!!

Though a lot of people were pretty angry after the ending and proceeded to warn people against watching it. This show is SOOOO like Lost...in some ways...sort of...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 802 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 33  Next