| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 802 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 33  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Walking Dead (TV)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:26 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

mel c wrote:
Is the irony of the survivors praying to a zombie intentional?

I thought so. I loved it. I'm excited for the next one.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:39 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

just getting into watching the first season of this..
glad that so far it has started out exactly like the book, without a doubt in my mind.
pretty damn good so far.

Bananas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH5ay10RTGY

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:03 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

lostgirl12 wrote:
I wanted to smack Lori for complaining about the dr actually being a vet. C'mon the dude is trying to save your son's life! He has experience in the medical field, access to medical equipment/supplies and without him Carl would've been dead already. She was so ungrateful and unappreciative.

Boyfriend and I yelled at her/the TV. I'd like to see her do better. If I had to be shot by anyone, I wouldn't mind it being someone from that (conveniently helpful) family.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:02 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

i just started watching this; i approve.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:26 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Shane being a badass tonight!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:42 am 

So I'm finally caught up on TWD (was only halfway through the 1st season before, did a marathon with my BF the other day) and now I've read the thread.

I'm not sure about the Doc telling Rick the wife was pregnant, but I DO think she's preg. A) Don't have sex in zombieworld without contraception. You really want to be waddling around with a preggo tummy, or carrying tiny baby everywhere? Not like abortion providers are accessible, and you don't want a botched homemade one. C'mon now. B) Yeah, she's gonna be preggs. Dramz.

Shane is awful. I'm sad Otis is dead, I wanted to see more of him.

Formerly rad.badger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:05 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

frozenveggies wrote:
So I'm finally caught up on TWD (was only halfway through the 1st season before, did a marathon with my BF the other day) and now I've read the thread.

I'm not sure about the Doc telling Rick the wife was pregnant, but I DO think she's preg. A) Don't have sex in zombieworld without contraception. You really want to be waddling around with a preggo tummy, or carrying tiny baby everywhere? Not like abortion providers are accessible, and you don't want a botched homemade one. C'mon now. B) Yeah, she's gonna be preggs. Dramz.

Shane is awful. I'm sad Otis is dead, I wanted to see more of him.

Yeah, especially after her whole crisis about thinking it might be better to let Carl die. Karma's gonna make her bring another baby into the world!

That was forked up Shane. You couldn't have shot him in the head so he wouldn't have been eaten alive!?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:47 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Damn, Shane! Bf and I just watched the newest episode tonight and I was so bummed for Otis. Shane is one of my favorite characters, though. He seems to be conflicted, weird, unpredictable - I like that. Though his tough guy cry face got on my nerves.

Also, I thought the hanging zombie/discussion about life and death/arrow to the head thing was ridiculous and unnecessary. I still cannot figure out the purpose of that scene.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:11 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Nebraskalaska wrote:

That was forked up Shane. You couldn't have shot him in the head so he wouldn't have been eaten alive!?

Yeah, that just seemed unnecessary and gratuitously cruel.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:14 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Was that because they won't eat dead people? I didn't think so but that's the only reason I can think of.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:52 pm 

elouise wrote:
Nebraskalaska wrote:

The don't want to eat the dead so that wouldn't have done anything.

Am I the only one who is at least halfway okay with what Shane did? I mean, it sucked for Otis but the end goal was to save the Carl. I do agree that he could have done something a little less painful though.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:02 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

pickledtreats wrote:
Damn, Shane! Bf and I just watched the newest episode tonight and I was so bummed for Otis. Shane is one of my favorite characters, though. He seems to be conflicted, weird, unpredictable - I like that. Though his tough guy cry face got on my nerves.

Also, I thought the hanging zombie/discussion about life and death/arrow to the head thing was ridiculous and unnecessary. I still cannot figure out the purpose of that scene.

MrQ is a giant zombie fan and when I commented on how weird and awful that scene was, he said that it was nothing compared to what he's read in other zombie novels. Awful stuff, like Christian sects hanging people-they-consider-to-be-sinners alive to become zombies like that poor hanging zombie dude. It gave me the chills that someone could think up that particular scenario, and then I'm informed by the expert that there are worse ones! I was however, glad, that the hanging zombie was put out of its undead misery.

Last night's episode was less than compelling for me. I felt really bad for Otis, and even worse for his family and friends back at the house.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:07 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Nick wrote:
elouise wrote:
Nebraskalaska wrote:

The don't want to eat the dead so that wouldn't have done anything.

But has it been established that they won't eat the dead? I don't think it has. In the woods the hanging zombie's legs had been eaten. Obviously his legs weren't eaten before he hung (hanged? I can never remember) himself or he wouldn't have been able to do it, so wouldn't zombies had to have eaten his flesh after he hung himself but before he turned?

And at the very least Shane could have shot Otis in the head as soon as the zombies tore into him.

Last edited by elouise on Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:11 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

elouise wrote:
And at the very least Shane could have shot Otis in the head as soon as the zombies tore into him.

Yes. Humans should be more merciful than zombies.

I learned that the past tense of hang (as in hanging a person) is hanged. But no one pays attention to that and so either hung or hanged are correct.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:22 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

I think if some guy who was running away from a herd of zombies and he suddenly falls over they wouldn't just stand around going "is he dead? I think he's dead. I mean, he's at least been dead for 5 seconds so that's no good", and continue chasing the other guy.

The only reason I can think of for Shane to have shot him in the leg is that he fell forward and grabbed his knee when he shot him, theoretically making it easier for Shane to remove the pack (had they not started fighting). If he shot him in the head he probably would have fallen backwards onto the pack and a 300-some-odd-pound dead guy isn't going to be easy to lift.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:26 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Nebraskalaska wrote:
I think if some guy who was running away from a herd of zombies and he suddenly falls over they wouldn't just stand around going "is he dead? I think he's dead. I mean, he's at least been dead for 5 seconds so that's no good", and continue chasing the other guy.

This too.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:37 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Nebraskalaska wrote:
The only reason I can think of for Shane to have shot him in the leg is that he fell forward and grabbed his knee when he shot him, theoretically making it easier for Shane to remove the pack (had they not started fighting). If he shot him in the head he probably would have fallen backwards onto the pack and a 300-some-odd-pound dead guy isn't going to be easy to lift.

Yeah, and he said beforehand that he only had one bullet left. If zombies are chasing you, you don't really have time to flip the dead guy over to get his pack.

I liked Otis and was sad to see him go, especially in such a brutal way, but it was awesome viewing and that's what I care about. And 'violent dick Shane' is way more interesting than 'boring but still a dick Shane'.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:56 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

elouise wrote:
Nebraskalaska wrote:

This too.

i apologize for my grammar and lack of commas here.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:59 pm 

Erinnerung wrote:
Nebraskalaska wrote:

Yeah, and he said beforehand that he only had one bullet left. If zombies are chasing you, you don't really have time to flip the dead guy over to get his pack.

I liked Otis and was sad to see him go, especially in such a brutal way, but it was awesome viewing and that's what I care about. And 'violent dick Shane' is way more interesting than 'boring but still a dick Shane'.

This.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:30 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

I just saw episode 3.

Aside from the first episode, I haven't found TWD scary this season...just suspenseful. The think with Shane killing Otis didn't scare me, it just filled me with dread....a lot of dread.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:20 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Yeh. There's some kind of thing coming up with Shane, I bet. There's a lot of baggage there-- banging Mr. Protagonist's wife, being a jerk in general, and now sacrificing Otis. I suspect that Rick wouldn't be as cool about that as he would with the idea that Otis was just, you know, "lost" while retrieving supplies to save Carl.

I also really hope that they find Sophia-- IN HERSCHEL'S FREEZER! They've been eating her all along! OH NOES!

I suspect her recovery will be some kind of anticlimax anyway-- she's been hanging out with some other colony of survivors down the road, or she's been living in a tree a la "My Side of the Mountain (with Zombies)" or she's been hanging out 3 cars down and staying out of sight just to mess with them or for some silly pre-adolescent reason that can be easily explained away once they hear what it is. Laughs and hugs all around and it's on down the road for our plucky band of survivors!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:32 am 
protein lump

i don't know... if i'm injured and a horde of zombies is after me and another guy who's less injured and it doesn't look like either of us is getting out alive, i'm shooting the other guy. just sayin.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:32 am 
protein lump

that's not to say that i don't think shane is a douche in general. i do.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:53 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

esme wrote:
i don't know... if i'm injured and a horde of zombies is after me and another guy who's less injured and it doesn't look like either of us is getting out alive, i'm shooting the other guy. just sayin.

Oh yeah, I just thought of this-- we know they go after noise. If he's shot in the leg, he's gonna be shouting a lot and will attract the zombies.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:00 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Part of what freaked me out about the final scene was that I was genuinely surprised at what Shane did to Otis. It wouldn't have occurred to me to shoot Otis and use him as zombie bait to save myself( and Carl ). If it did occur to me, I would have at least shot Otis in the head so he wouldn't suffer. Since the zombies go by smell, I think they would still go after something that has only been dead for about 10 seconds. My preference would have been for that situation to have ended by someone volunteering to off themselves so that the other person and Carl could go on.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 802 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 33  Next