| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 802 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 33  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Walking Dead (TV)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:04 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

I'm not sure how much of a douche Shane is. I just don't see him the same way I see Merl. He has only done one other douchey thing besides killing Otis ( beating up that dude by the lake with excessive force ). I think his behavior can be explained by the pressure he has been under watching the world die, dealing with the undead and dealing with watching a love interest be intimate with someone else.

I've gotten the sense that Shane genuinely loves Rick, in part out of admiration for Rick's character. Showing restraint, being fair, being cool. I can't see someone admiring those qualities as being a completely lost cause, like Merl.

Still, this does change my opinion of him. I can't help thinking "what a scumbag".

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:10 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

FWIW. I think if a group of survivors could just get big enough and temporarily safe enough to do some labor/resource gathering they could greatly increase their safety.

The could build a tower in the opposite direction of a settlement ( perhaps a small island surrounded by deep water ). On top of that tower they could put a stereo powered by a small windmill or solar panel. Around that tower they dig a 12 ft trench and fill it with oil. The noise from the stereo attracts herds of zombies to walk away from their settlement and into the pit, which they periodically set on fire to gradually burn away the zombie population in the area.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:11 am 
Venomous Head of Veganism

Erinnerung wrote:
lostgirl12 wrote:
I wanted to smack Lori for complaining about the dr actually being a vet. C'mon the dude is trying to save your son's life! He has experience in the medical field, access to medical equipment/supplies and without him Carl would've been dead already. She was so ungrateful and unappreciative.

Boyfriend and I yelled at her/the TV. I'd like to see her do better. If I had to be shot by anyone, I wouldn't mind it being someone from that (conveniently helpful) family.

All of the women are suuuuch whiners about everything!!!! Drives me nuts.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:32 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

IsaChandra wrote:
Erinnerung wrote:
lostgirl12 wrote:
I wanted to smack Lori for complaining about the dr actually being a vet. C'mon the dude is trying to save your son's life! He has experience in the medical field, access to medical equipment/supplies and without him Carl would've been dead already. She was so ungrateful and unappreciative.

Boyfriend and I yelled at her/the TV. I'd like to see her do better. If I had to be shot by anyone, I wouldn't mind it being someone from that (conveniently helpful) family.

All of the women are suuuuch whiners about everything!!!! Drives me nuts.

Agreed. I can't stand any of them.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:36 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

esme wrote:
i don't know... if i'm injured and a horde of zombies is after me and another guy who's less injured and it doesn't look like either of us is getting out alive, i'm shooting the other guy. just sayin.

yeah, I think it's believable. And I've known more than one dude that resorted to shaving his head from stress. I liked that.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:55 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

I never thought Daryl would be one of my favorite characters.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:51 pm 

Nebraskalaska wrote:

Totally. So totally.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:55 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

IsaChandra wrote:
Nebraskalaska wrote:

Totally. So totally.

Yes!

I'm sick of the whining. And Rick's one eyebrow raised panic stare.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:01 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

I was hoping that hillbetty would throw Glenn a bone. No time for romance, though. Especially now that Shane is going all Travis Bickle.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:14 am 
Hearts James Cromwell

I kept yelling at the screen for Daryl (my uncontested fave since the squirrel flinging incident) to shoot all of the female characters in the head and put us out of our misery. Can these ladies do anything besides cry, pray, and whine? They better toughen the eff up. Also, can the poor "tokens" Glenn and T-Dog ever get any decent scenes? When they walked up to the house I was literally like - oh, yeah they're still alive. Buh-oring. The best thing about the episode was Shane's flashback to kneecapping Otis - I admit I was shocked. Sh*t just got real. Although his 1000 yard stare into the steamy mirror led me to believe something had happened. Let's face the harsh reality - Otis was living on borrowed time unless he started a serious Hollywood trainer "300" style workout regimen.

Perhaps the writing and character development will get better when we get to the shows shot with the new director and writing staff.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:02 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I <3 Daryl. He's so sensible.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:54 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

Daryl: "Am I the only one that's zen?" = PRICELESS
Here's an interview with Norman "Daryl Dixon" Reedus:
http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-dead ... erview.php
"I mean, I am pretty tough, but I'm not Daryl tough." I love him even more now.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:07 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

jdfunks wrote:
esme wrote:
i don't know... if i'm injured and a horde of zombies is after me and another guy who's less injured and it doesn't look like either of us is getting out alive, i'm shooting the other guy. just sayin.

yeah, I think it's believable. And I've known more than one dude that resorted to shaving his head from stress. I liked that.

He shaved his head because Otis had ripped out his hair. It was suspicious.

That being said, I'm torn between keeping Shane alive.. it's a different take on it, which I find interesting but it sits odd with me.

They are ruining Andrea and Lori. I dislike just about all the changes they've made to the female cast. They have also extremely toned down the amount of crazy/terrible stuff that happens, which I like and dislike at the same time. So far Shane killing Otis is the first real horrible act we've witnessed (excluding when Shane attempted to rape Lori).

Spoiler: show
Over all I like the differences between the series, but I am annoyed that they've cut out a good portion of the farm house cast. Because their story and lives at the prison were pretty amazing and the dynamics of adding more children is really crucial to the group and character development. Most notably, I'm not sure if they will go as Dark with Carl as they did in the series as so far his major judgment call or questionable action has yet to be set up by the plot*.

*Not a spoiler if you've read at least half way into the comic series*I.E. Carl Killing the Twin who murdered his Brother because none of the adults could bare killing a child, despite the fact that he had obviously cracked.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:23 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Also in case I failed to repost this on the new boards Google Maps The Walking Dead Comic. This map shows the Comic Book groups progression, flagging major events, horde spotting and general movements.

::Warning: Plot Spoilers and Markers for all major events
like Deaths, Births, fights, home Bases, new members, murders and so on::

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:45 pm 
protein lump

i moved your spoiler tag up a little bit and added one to the last post because, while the show doesn't seem to be following the comics very closely, if they decide to start, there's spoilers in there.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:02 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

esme wrote:
i moved your spoiler tag up a little bit and added one to the last post because, while the show doesn't seem to be following the comics very closely, if they decide to start, there's spoilers in there.

Good point.
Although as far as the kids go they seem to be excluding them entirely as they went to the farm last week and there are only adults.

Maybe something to do with the difficulties of working with child actors?

Edit: added spoiler tags, cause this is maybe a spoiler?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:24 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

I didn't love last nights epsiode. I already knew Lori was preggers, so that didn't feel momentous. I just want them to find that stupid little girl, I am so sick of that plotline.

Best part was the attempt to get the zombie out of the well, and Glen getting laid.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:06 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

Agreed last night was buh-oring, even with water logged Baron Harkonen zombie! No movement of the plot line at all - find that damn girl or give up and move on! Daryl picking the Cherokee rose for whiny, cleanliness obsessed mom was my fave part. OMG - big teddy bear! If anything happens to my beloved Daryl I am boycotting that show toot sweet!

Do the wholesome farm folk seem to have some kind of a secret as to why no walkers never, ever hoard down upon the farm? Maybe they have a human chained up on the far, outskirts to feed the zombies? Something strange is up - I can feel it!

Did any of you watch the extra preview for next weeks episode shown during Deadwood with Trains/Hell on Wheels? HOLY CANNOLI!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:41 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

Charmkinface wrote:
Do the wholesome farm folk seem to have some kind of a secret as to why no walkers never, ever hoard down upon the farm? Maybe they have a human chained up on the far, outskirts to feed the zombies? Something strange is up - I can feel it!

Indeed! I mean, maybe it helps that they're far from main roads and the town...but still.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:33 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Just saw the episode. Farm family is creeping me out a bit. I am definitely suspicious as to why no walkers have shown up there.

Also, DARYL. He's so great. I can't wait for his crazy, one-handed brother to show back up.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:05 pm 

Nebraskalaska wrote:
I didn't love last nights epsiode. I already knew Lori was preggers, so that didn't feel momentous. I just want them to find that stupid little girl, I am so sick of that plotline.

Totally. I don't get it. I was bored with it five minutes after she went missing, I'm shocked that anyone would find it interesting. Grr. More zombies, less missing kids and shiitake.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:08 pm 

Nebraskalaska wrote:
Charmkinface wrote:

Indeed! I mean, maybe it helps that they're far from main roads and the town...but still.

God, I hope so. That didn't occur to me. I just figure that the show now sucks so farm family sucks and the logic sucks.

And what was up with the sex? And why couldn't she take her pregnancy test in the forking bathroom? My boyfriend thought she was going into the woods to give herself an abortion. Again, another awesome plotline that they missed out on!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:47 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

beforewisdom wrote:
For Frodo. I think if a group of survivors could just get big enough and temporarily safe enough to do some labor/resource gathering they could greatly increase their safety.

The could build a tower in the opposite direction of a settlement ( perhaps a small island surrounded by deep water ). On top of that tower they could put a stereo powered by a small windmill or solar panel. Around that tower they dig a 12 ft trench and fill it with oil. The noise from the stereo attracts herds of zombies to walk away from their settlement and into the pit, which they periodically set on fire to gradually burn away the zombie population in the area.

It would be stinky!

"One day you'll see, when tofu takes over the world because tofu can be anything it wants to be!" -bekki

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:34 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

There's got to be something up with the creepy barn.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:45 am 
Bathes in Braggs

mel c wrote:
There's got to be something up with the creepy barn.

Ha! I just thought that. Unless there is a "Flowers In The Attic" thing going on I couldn't imagine what they would have to hide. They don't seem to be afraid, so that likely isn't a reason for wanting them to leave, nor is lack of food. They also don't seem to be afraid of Walkers. Since it was a small town where everyone probably knew everyone else, I am guessing they are keeping some Walkers that they knew as people as pets. That would explain why they wouldn't want guns around, despite the danger from Walkers and their lack of fear of the new people.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 802 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 33  Next